Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Well there were somethings that i really enjoyed about the movie and other things that pissed my of beyond all belief.
1. It seemed more mature- some of the stuff was really graphic, had a very sinister undertone, and a lot of the content seemed like it was aimed for an older audience.
2. The fighting scenes were pretty great, especially when everyone was buying time for naruto.
3. Naruto was a badass- finally a movie that shows what he can do. He was clever(while still having idiot moments every now and then) and imo this was the best portrayal of naruto in a movie.
4. The plot seemed quite unique(until the end).
5. The ova was great imo
1. I was ready to give up on the movie at the very beginning when Tsunade was yelling at naruto and sentenced him to the island. Im like "bitch, i know you know what a transformation jutus is. YOU USE ONE YOURSELF!". Like how hard is it to get kakashi to use his sharingan to to read his mind or go get the interrogation squad? If they wouldn't have shown that clip at the end i would have still been really mad.
2. Ryuuzetsu's eyes- If they were somehow related to the rinnigan then why didn't they explain it? If they weren't then why draw them like that??! They looked almost exactly like the rinnigan and all i could think the whole time was like is it that hard to animate different looking eyes?
3. What is with the big giant monster? Not only was it badly designed imo but i think the context in which originated was just stupid. No more giant monsters!
4. The plot kai- I understand Naruto is the main character but is there a reason that him and only him was able to put their fear aside? Like why couldn't kakashi or bee? Like what did bee have to be afraid of? He was the most powerful thing on the island.
5. The ending- I was almost elated to see that there was finally a movie that didn't have a side storyline that involved a "shipping" of Naruto and the main female lead. Then she kissed. Like come on now animators. Was it really necessary to make her powers only active through a kiss? Also why did naruto get stabbed in the first place? Why didn't he just move? There was just so many stupid things about the ending. Why can't naruto regenerate the big ass hole in his stomach?
All in all this one was one of the better ones but still not better than will of fire(Gaara fan service). Im hoping the next one doesn't Fu** the ending.
Imo, the monster looked like a hollow from bleach. regardless, it looked like nothing we've ever seen in the narutoverse before, and so that kinda design just really messed the whole thing up. I think if they'd stuck to an animal design and made it a monster crow or something else it might of worked.
On another note, i thought gamabunta was the real star of this movie.
That frog can fight xD
This movie had so much inconsistencies I don't even know where to start.
The obvious ones being that cape appearing out of nowhere, let alone he shouldn't have been able to enter sage mode at all. I think the director or writers forgot that naruto needs his own chakra to balance out the natural energy, converting it to sage chakra. If he doesn't have any chakra because of that weird seal, how can he enter sage mode at all...
Even if he had a little chakra left, he would've been able to use only a little bit of sage chakra, yet he stayed in sage mode for so long...
The only scene I liked, was when naruto jumped down on that roof and launched himself towards that black box. It was like he broke through the sound barrier. I feel like they should have shown something like that when he jumped in and saved tsunade in the pain arc.
I read there is a Directors Cut version of the movie that in the Limited Editon DVD.
This movie.. Was terrible.. I mean Terrible.
Didn't japaneses say that this was the best movie?
Overall, I enjoyed it, and I feel like the villains were not over-the-top stupid like pretty much every other non-cannon material from the Narutoverse.
I didn't like the monster, thought it looked pretty ugly.
A few question that got raised though while I was watching the movie:
- If Ryuuzetsu is a girl, how come the guard didn't notice when they did a "full body search". I mean... this is something you notice when you strip someone naked!
- When exactly does this take place? Raikage is shown with both his hands, so it's before the summit, but Bee only met Naruto after the summit... Doesn't make sense!
PS: I like when Naruto get to kiss the girl of the anime!
Even though he was unconscious and she died doing so...
but as for her not being exposed as a woman, idk i felt like they did it to naruto just to mess with him and target him specifically as he was standing out the whole time from the others.
another explanation was that she later recieved help from one of the guards, those same connections probably got her through the check.
I absolutely love this movie ... nice story
Movie was good till that monster showed up. Then it was like any other shippuuden movie. Before that I agree movie was good. I agree movies are not canon but they should not screw up canon timeline. This does not fit into the story at all. Killer B's entry was forced.
But overall one time watch. Good Animation.
Oh, it's out? Here, let me hurry and watch it!! On second thought...nah.
Personally I think this was the best-looking movie. The animation was gorgeous, much better than the drab-looking movie that came before it. I think the lead animator was the guy who tends to do the better animated episodes of Naruto. The use of colour was also pretty great. Animation-wise, the only thing that disappointed me was the lack of fights (The first Shippuuden movie was the best in that aspect, Lee's fight in particular).