Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/9/15 - 3/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 67 Discussion / 68 Predictions

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kannazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 67 Discussion / 68 Predictions

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 67 Spoiler Discussion

That translated a tad too well using google translate... Fake?

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member desin24's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    That translated a tad too well using google translate... Fake?
    I have exactly the same feeling. It seems like somebody wrote the text in english and then translated it with google translate to give us spoilers.
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Have we ever even had just a few lines of spoilers like this? Only got into the manga recently but both the format and text look odd. Particularly the "last words" phrase.

---------- Post added March 06, 2015 at 04:15 AM ---------- Previous post was March 05, 2015 at 05:49 PM ----------

Did Eren use his armor power to somehow hold up the wall to prevent it from caving in?

And I don't even know what's going on with the Rod titan in those pics. Any guess would be as good as mine.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Country
    Dragonstone
    Post Thanks / Like

Rod's Titan looks like a giant roasted chicken

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, so this arc is going on... I was kinda hoping eren would transform, save everyone and then jump to rod's next and just go apeshit on it. Instead it kinda feels like we got the opposite. The part with eren hardening was skipped, rob can just roam freely and is heading for the walls. I guess the explanation that he is simply too hot is good enough for them to simply not send eren to beat his nape to death.... Even then, eren probably would have had to learn how to make an armor which he could use. He made a complete shell but that makes it impossible for him to move. He needs to do something like what reiner did.

Seeing the extent to which eren is able to harden and even control the hardening I think his abilities depend on how much of the vial he consumed. Neither annie or reiner seemed to have the extent of eren's abilities when it comes to hardening. Annie could harden small pieces at a time so to speak, reiner constantly was in his armored state and in turn eren can create and actually output armor. Its precisely the ability I have been making the point he needs to seal the wall. It would be interesting if eren's ability to output armor so to speak can be used to make weapons he can use as a titan. Knuckles, swords.... At least rocks he can throw.

Anyways, it does seem like rod knew nothing of titans considering what he turned himself into. I guess he can't be properly fought given his insane temperatures but he also is not quite as dangerous as other titans we have seen.

I wonder what the ideal size for a titan is. So far it seems like the ideal size would be around 17 meters, its the largest we have seen that is able to sustain itself. I would think it can go a little higher though. Anyways, an ideal titan would have the hardening ability and it would get the ideal combination between mobility and size. I doubt the hardening can be used to sustain a titan that huge unfortunately even as an exoskeleton... It would keep the vapor in thus exploding. It would be interesting if hardening and vapor could be weaponized further... kinda like a vapor cannon.

Anyways, I am kinda hoping that next chapter it ends and we finally get to the freaking basement. How hard could it be to shot at rod's neck?

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I just thought of something.... remember when grisha killed the reiss? I think something important was missed here. Grisha met them at the cave where they were gathered and wearing some sort of robes, something ceremonial. So.... what were the reiss doing there? It makes sense for them to gather to pass on the first king's power but does it make sense for them to be gathered like that for no reason? Perhaps they were about to wipe the memories of humanity? It feels like this detail should actually be quite important.

Something else, how did eren know how to build the structure? Perhaps it was the knowledge of the past users of the coordinate? To me that would be an appropriate scenario... It does seem like eren is beginning to access some of his past memories, he apparently saw some of the stuff his dad remembered. I am curious about the face with the glasses though. Could it be the beast titan?

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Another thing that surprises me is that rod's titan is simply able to go on. Its literally burning... How does it go on? Shouldn't it have run out of energy by now? I guess being covered in fire is actually the biggest threat. In that case I take back what I said earlier, even a titan shouldn't be able to get too close to it without being severely injured or dying. Eren needs to transform into a titan and support everyone this time around. I can't imagine eren's titan powers being useless right now.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

If the translation is correct, Historia really never played with her father like almost everyone here liked to say.

She played along, she gave up her dad's plan the last moment.

Anyway, I am waiting for Crunchyroll translation before talking more about this chapter. ANd I still find it funny that Erwin's right side is never shown.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyways, I am kinda hoping that next chapter it ends and we finally get to the freaking basement. How hard could it be to shot at rod's neck?
    Well, when has anything simply gone smoothly and simple in SnK? .

I am curious about the face with the glasses though. Could it be the beast titan??
    Isn't that just Grisha?

Another thing that surprises me is that rod's titan is simply able to go on. Its literally burning... How does it go on? Shouldn't it have run out of energy by now?
    It's a mindless titan, not a shifter. A titan shifter CAN run out of juice as we've seen demonstrated a few times (Eren in Trost, Bertholt when he "gave off heat like a candle" to keep his attackers away), but a mindless titan can keep going as long as there's sunlight - possibly more if whatever formula the ape titan uses is used. We must also keep in mind that the forumla Reiss used here may have been different from normally - he was trying to create a "perfect/invicible" Titan Form for Historia after all...

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLordOfKichiku View Post
    Well, when has anything simply gone smoothly and simple in SnK? .

Isn't that just Grisha?

It's a mindless titan, not a shifter. A titan shifter CAN run out of juice as we've seen demonstrated a few times (Eren in Trost, Bertholt when he "gave off heat like a candle" to keep his attackers away), but a mindless titan can keep going as long as there's sunlight - possibly more if whatever formula the ape titan uses is used. We must also keep in mind that the forumla Reiss used here may have been different from normally - he was trying to create a "perfect/invicible" Titan Form for Historia after all...
    Never but still... now this just dragged on beyond what it had a right too.

Ahh yes. He looked different to me there. Who is looking at grisha in that memory though? Is eren looking at his own memories?

Mindless titans can also run out of energy. I think we have seen that a couple of times when it comes to normal titans. Even those do not have infinite stamina and it would be weird that rod came up with a way to have that. And he obviously didn't know what he was doing. My guess is that titans are made based on mixes of the serums he had there. So the more stuff he took from the serums the more he could give to a titan. Size, armor, controlling titans, beast like appearance, strength, speed, it was probably all there. But the mix he used resulted in a powerful yet useless titan which can't help but burn away. I doubt this particular titan needs sunlight though. I do wonder how exactly titans detect people. This titan can't actually raise its head to see, how does it know where most of the people are? I think titans have a sort of sixth sense to detecting humans....

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted gnut's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the serum was made for a female or someone young...and this is a result of an older male taking it

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

still not understanding why titans were sealed in the walls...if the first king could just make the walls without them?

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

oh, Historia is doing whatever the F she wants instead of following orders. Ymir would be so proud

Rod really didn't have a clue as to the best type of titan, as Kenny said (and we have to presume he managed to escape the collapsing building somehow, I suppose). But if he's so damn hot to be burning things that are anywhere close to him, how the hell do they expect the cannons to work on him? If it were up to me, I'd try to dig a huge hole and drop the fatass-titan in there. I doubt he could crawl back up

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah baby hardening. This is better than armored titan . Asspull or not I see this upgrade as necessary in order to make the plot move forward.
    Now they can finally get to the basement.,
    Glad that Historia changed the others mind about feeding Eren to Rod who btw seems to suffer from the same problem as Connie's mother. His legs are either underdeveloped or his body is simply too big his legs can't support it. He's so grotesque. And Historia is now one of my favorite characters. I think she's the most realistic portrayal of a human in the manga, she has her qualities and faults and when faced with certain dilemmas she doesn't always choose the more morally accepted solution. Her willingness to do Rod's biding because she doesn't want to feel rejected is also something a person in real life would do. She also wants to come into terms with her past which is commendable. All in all I think she shows a lot of maturity and she came a long way compared to when she played goddess. Now all that's left is to finish off Rod and hopefully things will go as planned but I doubt it.

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member DarkLordOfKichiku's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Never but still... now this just dragged on beyond what it had a right too.
    Agreed, the whole revolutionary arc/Eren is kdnapped and almsot eaten-arc could have benefited from being somewhat shorter... Either way, I don't think Titan-Rod will die all that easily... But I hope it won't drag on for more than two or three chapters at most...

Ahh yes. He looked different to me there. Who is looking at grisha in that memory though? Is eren looking at his own memories?
    Yeah, Grisha's drawn a bit differently in this chapter for some reason. Makes him look less sane than usually if you ask me. I think Eren is "looking" at Grisha's memories here, considering there's images of the Reiss family's children being slaughtered there too...

Mindless titans can also run out of energy. I think we have seen that a couple of times when it comes to normal titans. Even those do not have infinite stamina and it would be weird that rod came up with a way to have that.
    Yes, we've seen them run out of energy... When deprived of sunlight (Hange's experiments) or being too heavily wounded to get back up right away. If you can remember any other time we've seen them run out of energy, please do point out where?

And he obviously didn't know what he was doing. My guess is that titans are made based on mixes of the serums he had there. So the more stuff he took from the serums the more he could give to a titan. Size, armor, controlling titans, beast like appearance, strength, speed, it was probably all there. But the mix he used resulted in a powerful yet useless titan which can't help but burn away. I doubt this particular titan needs sunlight though. I do wonder how exactly titans detect people. This titan can't actually raise its head to see, how does it know where most of the people are? I think titans have a sort of sixth sense to detecting humans....
    That may be so. As for sixth sense... Maybe, can't for now think of any pausible way of explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by gnut View Post
    Maybe the serum was made for a female or someone young...and this is a result of an older male taking it?
    Could be. Connie's mother became a Titan, and her titan-form was all weak and useless - couldn't even walk by itself. It may have something to do with physical ability/strenght - and Rod Reiss is, just like Connie's mother, quite a bit past his prime, so if that's how it works, no wonder that his titan-form's like that...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Not exactly the chapter anyone seems to have expected, though I enjoyed it, despite the weirdness. The art was really nice, I was impressed. I'm really glad they're finally out of that godforsaken cave and that the plot is moving forward in a way slightly different than "people standing around talking" (now it's people riding horses and talking!)

It's nice that Eren was finally really reunited with his friends, and that he got to be useful. Now that Isayama has completely broken his spirit, maybe he'll finally get more of the character development he deserves, and get to be useful more often, even if it'll be right back to him being treated as a plot device.
    Historia's development has been fantastic. I'm glad to see her admit to her mistakes -- including that she was, yes, about to go along with her father, unlike what her stans kept claiming, hah. I love her but she was so close to making a really awful decision. Thankfully she's making up for it.

Also, Rod's titan is hilarious. Giant flaming chicken titan. I can definitely take this seriously.
    I'm expecting things to go wrong next chapter since this one very much felt like a breather chapter, in addition to having a good old-fashioned ass pull (which I will make fun of but not truly complain about, because it means the plot can advance and Eren does not have to die, both very good things.) Nothing ever goes smoothly so I expect 10,000 minor characters to die and there to be plenty of despair and horror and things going wrong forever, but all the main characters to somehow miraculously survive and eventually stop the chicken titan.
    It'd be lovely if Erwin or someone finally bit it though. At least that way we could stop having scenes in which Isayama forgets that Erwin is missing an arm.

Looking forward to the next arc since it looks like they'll finally be going toward that damn basement. Do they still have the key, though? It didn't really look like Eren was wearing the key back when he got kidnapped, but it's hard to tell because of how forgetful an artist Isayama can be. I hope that won't be an issue, this has been dragged out long enough.

21. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast