Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/22/15 - 6/28/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alibaba and Judal's adventures

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Alibaba's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Confused Alibaba and Judal's adventures

I have been really curious on how they plan on escaping that place, and is there a possibility that there are dungeons there.

First off, wouldn't Alibaba's real body decompose over time? Meaning once he comes back he would be reincarnated into a new body.

Do you guys think they'll stumble across a dungeon in this unknown world?

When they manage to return, do you guys think it might be at the end of the war?

I just want to hear some theories you guys have so, please share your theories.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member GrySun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alibaba and Judal's adventures

There already is no way for him to return to his body, as Aladdin let the rukh fade away. If Al Thamen can't take his body, neither can he.

If they are in Alma Torran, only a dungeon could get them back I believe, but Alibaba has no body so I'm not sure how "getting back" works for him. As we've seen in that one panel, Ugo is there as he interacted with Judar, so maybe he can get the two back. But why would he? Judar is there for a reason, he's evil and stuff. Meanwhile Alibaba has low importance for Ugo to send him back, and I don't see how it would make sense with his body gone.
    I just hope their return won't be a huge asspull. They both died and were defeated, better give both reason and logical way for them to return, as I don't see either of the two.
    "Spirit of truth and conviction, I command thee and thy household: envelope me, dwell in my body, turn me into a great demon.....Belial!"
    -Edge lord Hakuryuu 2015

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, they are not in Alma Torran, that place had 3 suns and this has none, so this is a completely new location, which makes me think that this was planned by Ohtaka beforehand,I am not going to make any speculation about what will happen to ensure they may come back, it may include running into Al Thamen or the Origin Dragon, or even David...but I don hope that this journey serves as character development for Alibaba, that eliminates his drawbacks and lets him to go forward with renewed vigor, same like how Bellial did to Hakuryuu.

One thing I will state is that, I want this war to get over first, if he manages to return before this war ends, let us see this war to its conclusion and then I hope Ohtaka goes back to their journey, it might also serve to build hype for these things seeing how much Alibaba, hypothetically, would have changed, which understandably is somewhat lacking as of now.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm holding out hope that Aladdin didn't screw over his buddy because of an exaggerated threat.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hll View Post
    Well, they are not in Alma Torran, that place had 3 suns and this has none, so this is a completely new location, which makes me think that this was planned by Ohtaka beforehand,I am not going to make any speculation about what will happen to ensure they may come back, it may include running into Al Thamen or the Origin Dragon, or even David...but I don hope that this journey serves as character development for Alibaba, that eliminates his drawbacks and lets him to go forward with renewed vigor, same like how Bellial did to Hakuryuu.

One thing I will state is that, I want this war to get over first, if he manages to return before this war ends, let us see this war to its conclusion and then I hope Ohtaka goes back to their journey, it might also serve to build hype for these things seeing how much Alibaba, hypothetically, would have changed, which understandably is somewhat lacking as of now.
    im a bit more interested on what ohtaka plans to do with judal here by having ugo put him wherever alibaba is.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I see it makes sense.

Alibaba's character lacks decisiveness and maturity for his age. As Judal even stated "Someone like you isn't needed back on earth", its true what on earth would he accomplish going back with the same ideals and resolve? He's become a pawn of Sinbad and Kounen, so, unless he comes back a king and great resolve then there isn't need for his naivety.

As for his body, does this mean he will have a new human body? I can't picture Alibaba without blonde hair, since his new body can have a different color. Nevertheless, i'm looking forward to his character development.

Hmm, would meeting David be a bad thing for Alibaba?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't get why everyone seems to think being decisive means killing someone.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastgrove View Post
    yeah, right? I think that the reason why people are having trouble understanding alibaba´s decisions in regards to hakuryuu, was case it´s very bad explained and Alibaba isnt the only character getting the "bugged" treatment for time being, Hakuei is also getting that as well (except that in her case, her irrelevance justifies this apparently), Ohtaka should seriously just wrap these things up asap and have this solved out already, I´m pretty sure ali and Judal and their space adventures shouldnt take lots of chaps, since too much will displease us.

I just hope Ohtaka can bounce back from this, I´m expecting this arc to skyrocket to other levels at some point in it (and Ohtaka did those things pretty well in the Magnostadt arc so now, wouldnt be a bad idea either)

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba View Post

As for his body, does this mean he will have a new human body? I can't picture Alibaba without blonde hair, since his new body can have a different color. Nevertheless, i'm looking forward to his character development.
    So am I.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastgrove View Post
    Alibaba being decisive does not mean killing everyone, it measn making a decision and not taking too long to act on it, which he does, for most of the series he has said that he wants to reclaim Balbaad, yet he always gets sidetracked and seems to be doing nothing with regards to it.-which is another flaw, that he seems to be taking on different goals thorugh out the series, which are not even his!!(mostly Aladdin's goal of whatever.)-there are other flaws like his naive methods, his lack of forethought at times, and these flaws is what I expect to be eliminated when he returns, similar to how Hakuryuu exited Bellial with most of his shortcomngs completely eliminated from within him, I do think that something similar will take place within Alibaba as well.

I don't get this whole submissve to Kouen and Sinbad argument, he does not like being in a position of a subordinate to either of them, and using the power and influence granted to them as a way to go up in the world is a valid technique, but his shortcomings do come in his way of doing anything significant, which is why I am glad that they are potentially on the path of being eliminated

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

So will Judal like Alibaba by the end of their journey together?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Alibaba View Post
    So will Judal like Alibaba by the end of their journey together?
    Judar would probably hate his guts. He's the type of guy that hates the people he likes.

Actually I think the main point to the latest arc is meant to examine what being made to be willing to do anything does to someone. Hakuryuu is the obvious extreme of this attitude, while Kouen and Sinbad are guys that have made preparations in the event that they think they have to cross the line so to speak. Alibaba is someone that doesn't want to do that kind of stuff, because he doesn't believe in the attitude itself, that it has no place in how he thinks a king should behave, let alone a person.

I really don't understand why people try to pressure him into doing bad things that he doesn't want to do. Shouldn't his resistance to that be laudable?
    Last edited by Eastgrove; June 27, 2015 at 01:43 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

@Eastgrove

He might come to respect him, maybe just a bit if possible.

I have to agree that Alibaba is being forced into that lifestyle, but people hate that because he's on the fence and not making any decisions. Also he is like every other Shounen lead character who thinks love or peace will be brought without violence (Naruto). People want Alibaba to be realistic, and cut ties with Hakryuu after seeing as to how he turned out and was wiling to kill him. It isn't wrong to do something for the better even though its a evil deed.

If he killed Hakuryuu or any villain that was beyond saving then i think he would be liked more. Honestly it doesn't seem like he can be a good king unless he changes his views a bit. Naive is written all over him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Alibaba fights all the time, but it's naturally very hard for him to fight people that he considers to be friends. This is what he's mostly criticized for, that he's supposed to be willing to make all kinds of sacrifices for the sake of his kingdom, but he doesn't believe that making those sacrifices doesn't actually help his kingdom whatsoever. I feel that that attitude mars one's ability to find more palatable solutions to a problem. That sacrifices are made because someone has already given up on finding a solution that doesn't make use of them.

You look at Hakuryuu and you see someone that strived for more than a decade to bury his better nature to achieve what he wanted, instead of searching for a solution that would have preserved who he was. And even though he achieved his goal, it's very likely that it wasn't the only way, or that it was even the easiest, most efficient, most surefire way. Personally I only see an indulgence, rather than a sacrifice when I look at Hakuryuu. His hatred was a source of comfort and the prospect of giving it up would be like giving up a warm blanket.

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

@Eastgrove:
    I don't expect Alibaba to be willing to go to the same limits that Hakuryuu, Sinbad and Kouen are able to go to, even if it fucks up peoples lives and takes away their dignity.
    Give Ali as much character development as you can, and he will not even consider going that far, for his goals.

What Alibaba needs to do, is to just eliminate his flaws that hold him back, the flaws like:
    Spoiler show

Take away these flaws and he is golden, even the accusations that he is submissive to various people is invalid, since he does not want to be in that position in the long run, and has shown to be dissatisfied in the position he is put in.

People want him to do bad things well define bad, because he needs to get power under him, to make a difference, and he can either pushing your own countrys interests over others, playing a political game that may jeopardize someone elses way of living, and even manipulating people at times, by playing at their own shortcomings, basically really shady tactics, that are frowned upon,or plot is the only thing that can allow him to make anything significant,and nobody wants to see the whole world being bent by Ohtaka to prevent him from doing any of the above things(and these things are necessary especially when he is dealing with people like Sinbad, Kouen and Koumei who are way above these kinds of things.)

One of the main things I have come to admire about Alibaba is that the plot only keeps him alive, like with Cactuarbaba, and does not really help him like Aladdin or some other characters, other than that, there is nothing on Ohtakas end to justify or make him look good, or even symtpathaize with him, unlike Kouen, Hakuryuu and Sinbad, who Ohtaka really puts in a lot of effort when it comes to sympathizing with them, him going forward is something he has to do on his own, as far as I am concerned.

It will also prove once and for all, why Alibaba is a great character, when he shows that there is more to his personality than just believing that solely being overly optimistic person and acting on such belief in that given direction will lead to all of his problems going away.
    Last edited by Hll; June 27, 2015 at 06:08 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I do wish he'd stop tying himself down over what Cassim did. Alibaba's reluctance to condemn people and his habit of giving other people credit for his achievements is irritating.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast