Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/29/15 - 7/5/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: One Piece 794 by cnet128 , Gintama 551 (2) , Bleach 635 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who do you expect to win?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kouen

11 37.93%
  • Hakuryuu

12 41.38%
  • Draw

6 20.69%
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Kouen vs Hakuryuu, place your bets!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GrySun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Kouen vs Hakuryuu, place your bets!

So as the war is basically confirmed and right around the corner(looking at you, chapter 266!) it's time to make a poll about the outcome. Keep in mind though, this isn't a "which of the two do you like more" poll, but who do you expect to win and who do you think Ohtaka fate will favor?

I don't think Ohtaka will let Kouen win. In chapter 265 it was said that the outcome of this war will change the Kou empire and the world forever. And nothing will change with Kouen's victory, it will only strengthen his resolve to keep doing the way he was doing, even if he loses some of his brothers. I see endless possibilities for the plot to develop with Hakuryuu taking over the empire, which is why I believe Ohtaka will make him win.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kouen vs Hakuryuu, place your bets!

My guess is dues ex machina preventing a fight altogether.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrySun View Post
    So as the war is basically confirmed and right around the corner(looking at you, chapter 266!) it's time to make a poll about the outcome. Keep in mind though, this isn't a "which of the two do you like more" poll, but who do you expect to win and who do you think Ohtaka fate will favor?

I don't think Ohtaka will let Kouen win. In chapter 265 it was said that the outcome of this war will change the Kou empire and the world forever. And nothing will change with Kouen's victory, it will only strengthen his resolve to keep doing the way he was doing, even if he loses some of his brothers. I see endless possibilities for the plot to develop with Hakuryuu taking over the empire, which is why I believe Ohtaka will make him win.
    Till, we get to know more things about this "master" character I will go with the draw, option, hakuryuu is still in a huge handicap match against Kouen regardless of the circunstances (though not having to deal with the HV army of his sister (and herself), will probably make the battle more favorable to hakuryuu´s side in HV terms (I can see our edgelord synchronizing all of his spore monsters into a huge sporte monster and have all of Kouen and co´s housseholds fighting it (expect death scenes)).

Aside from that, Kouen will probably be a problem against hakuryuu (I could honestly see Kouen taking up at least the final fleshy arm of our edgelord consideering that a weaker KV like alibaba ripped half of Hakuryuu´s legs), (but lets see if he has the guts to kill hakuryuu´s with his own brother´s sword), Kougyoku is very weak willed for the fight apparently, so I dont expect the fish princess to do any significant things for the time being (maybe enragingly ask hakuryuu why he turned alibaba into a cactuar)

Kouha will definitely try to kill hakuryuu and the same goes to Olba (death flags), Koumei can still get brainwashed by hakuryuu later on and I think master isnt showing up case he already planed out with our edgelord to intervene once Kouen and co have wasted their magoi in the DE to give the respective payback for this unfair handicap match

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Kouen might also start considering his views again if he does get out of this with some battle scars, especially since I think this new faction is some people who were screwed over by the Kou Empire in the past, so who knows, and honestly Hakuryuu might just effect the quicker arrival of some definite events like Kou vs Sinbad if he takes over, so I dont see things changing if either wins when it comes to the important stuff.

That being said this war is going to be one thing and that is unpredictable and may even shatter some possibilities that we may think have a good chance of happening so draw is my option for this first encounter, the deciding one might decide the victor so I hope we can make our votes on that

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Mangang's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't say anything about the war. I don't think there will be a winner. I think it will end with negotiation. But if it were a fight between Kouen and Hakuryuu then Kouen has edge so I will go with Kouen

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see either side winning so i gonna put a draw atm as i really dont know the outcome

If we look at it strictly on war asset, clearly Kouen has an advantage and a huge one at that but Hakuryuu's unpredictability has caused quite a number of very unexpected outcome so as i said earlier, no clue whatsoever but personally, i am rooting for Hakuryuu

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member MArGi's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It is kind of obvious that Hakuryuu can't die now, which does give a big hint regarding the outcome of this war imo. So either Kouen dies and his siblings join with Reim or Sindria; or several of Kouen's siblings die and he ends up changing his mind. The first option is more likely though. In any case, I hope Ohtaka would make the outcome relevant and not only related to the plot needs because:
    - currently Kouen's forces are superior to Hakuryuu's, so if Haku is to win, I hope it won't only be thanks to a big ass pull.
    - Kouen changing his mind wouldn't be that surprising to me, but some things have to happen for that, like Hakuyuu showing up and telling him that what he is doing is wrong. Or if he has a big, open discussion with Hakuryuu. Or something really big proving him that he has no chance to achieve his goals. But I guess tht the loss of his siblings would already be a big wake-up call.

Now every guess I ever made turned wrong, so *fingers crossed* and Kouen will survive. Also, Ohtaka might come up with a huge unexpected outcome (like for Alibaba and Judar).
    But until the end of the war, I'll stick to my first bet and I'll think that Kouen will die.
    Last edited by MArGi; April 27, 2015 at 08:09 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member minette's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

I think both will lose

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minette View Post
    I think both will lose
    Best outcome, overall.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think both will lose
    Well consideering backstabbing at the end of this civil war is very possible with zepar Kougyoku, or "master" (hakuryuu doesnt trust him so it might have to do with a foreshadowed possible backstab), Kouen and hakuryuu losing the war is very likely and it would give us viewers those GoT feels, besides it would be good for the character development of the new characters in the "master"´s faction (I really like that white and black theme that chick is dressing lol, it reminds me of the assassins in GoT)

The only problem in that outcome is that the only guys left to face sinbad, would be "master"´s faction (or what would be left of it), the Reim empire, Alibaba, some survivors from the kou side (if any will survive), not that I wouldnt put good faith in "master" being able to hold off Sinbad for 30 secs, but the man conquered 7 dungeons, thats just like people say, a equivalent of madara or Gilgamesh in powerscale level in this series, the top dog (it will take a very huge amount of MV to make sure he drops dead)
    Last edited by Aonori; April 27, 2015 at 08:54 AM.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I think both will lose
    Under the both draw option i guess but i think in some sense, someone will win? i mean someone must take over the empire at the end right? Unless we are talking about non-physical loss like Kouen losing his bro but winning the war or Hakuryuu losing his sister but winning the war kind of thing

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zaipher View Post
    Under the both draw option i guess but i think in some sense, someone will win? i mean someone must take over the empire at the end right? Unless we are talking about non-physical loss like Kouen losing his bro but winning the war or Hakuryuu losing his sister but winning the war kind of thing
    I think what´s more likely to happen is Hakuei surviving this civil war arc and become the empress, otherwise if all of the kou royal family dies in this arc then Alibaba could be the one being chosen to rule a entire empire (Thats scary), I still expect great things for "master" though, the guy letting hakuryuu be put on a handicap match after having his chick saying her master would do anything for hakuryuu, is fishy, the guy is probably very smart and I hope Ohtaka makes him back up the expectations for the character, if he survives this arc (which is very likely since it´s a new character and Ohtaka is portraying him/her as a very cunning person), I could easily see the guy taking the remains of Kou for his own and establish a good setup for future arcs, but thats assuming the said characters can even survive the bloodbath of this arc.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aonori View Post
    I think what´s more likely to happen is Hakuei surviving this civil war arc and become the empress, otherwise if all of the kou royal family dies in this arc then Alibaba could be the one being chosen to rule a entire empire (Thats scary),
    Hakuei becoming an empress after this war would really be distasteful, i mean the least developed/appearance Kou member become empress? As for Alibaba, he didnt marry officially into Kou at all so that is out of the question

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member minette's Avatar
    Country
    Imperium of Mankind
    Post Thanks / Like

master is just some random person that Ohtaka introduced at the very last moment, if he was so powerful he wouldn't need Hakuryuu's help. It's either that or someone we already know.

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

master is just some random person that Ohtaka introduced at the very last moment, if he was so powerful he wouldn't need Hakuryuu's help. It's either that or someone we already know.
    But it takes a lot of power to take on Kouen´s faction lol (the guy has 3 MV(s) for him, more other 4 KV, and had 2 magis in the capital prior to the events of hakuryuu´s rebelion (It doesnt matter how you look at this even the SSA would have had a huge disadvantage if they fought the kou empire in this terms, let alone lesser factions like Reim and the master)), therefore the master needed to take hakuryuu´s side for achieving significant results (Also if it was introduced as a super Overpowered character like Sinbad, Arba wouldnt be considered too much of a threat to him and that would make any sense in the story, I can expect the guy to be at least stronger than Alibaba and thats the minimum case the master´s chick was still willing to side up with hakuryuu after seeing "God Aladdin"´s OPness, that goes to show these guys are showing signs of not being pushovers and probably have more war power than what hakuryuu has right now after he lost Judal).

Also someone already mentioned that it was foreshadowed in Sinbad no Bouken about another KV from gai or go that Yunan raised a dungeon for way prior than Kouen starting to conquering Judal´s dungeons. And dont forget there are a overall number of 72 dungeons in AT, and not even half got conquered, so you should have already expected new KV(s), to show up anytime in the story, but still it´s as you say the character got introduced later on the story after the hakuryuu and ali fight, I expect at least some better backstory on the kou empire from this guy, we need more info on that and this guy is probably the key(Since kouen apparently doesnt want to show us viewers much more info on Kou we can only expect most of the said info to come from this new faction, so it´s not all that bad)
    Last edited by Aonori; April 27, 2015 at 09:27 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast