Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/23/15 - 3/1/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: Gintama 532 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 617 by BadKarma , One Piece 777 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Magi 258 Spoiler Discussion

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Magi Magi 258 Spoiler Discussion

If you haven't seen the goodies yet, check here: Spoiler Pics and Summaries Thread

24 Hour Spoiler Rule:
    • Please keep all discussion regarding the newest chapter and its content inside the spoiler/chapter discussions until 24 hours have passed after the raw/chapter's release.
    • Please wait 24 hours before using art from new chapters in signatures and avatars.
    • The 24 hour rule will be strictly enforced. This is a courtesy rule. Not every member reads spoilers and not everyone can read new chapters as soon as they are released.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Magi 258 Spoiler Discussion

Zaipher,Eleore aren't you guys here ? Please come

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

The duel is over(finally!).
    They both use extreme magic on each other, giving all they've got... And after everything's been done, Hakuryuu has his two legs burnt, sounds serious but not sure how much. Judar immediately comes to Hakuryuu's rescue. On the other hand, Alibaba's legs and arms are all in right place, but Hakuryuu's extreme magic was taking away senses... kinda like Yukimura in Tennipuri, so while there's no physical harm, Alibaba's body seems to be useless now. A draw, but I'll say Hakuryuu's got the upper hand.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member GrySun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jan123 View Post
    They both use extreme magic on each other, giving all they've got... And after everything's been done, Hakuryuu has his two legs burnt, sounds serious but not sure how much. Judar immediately comes to Hakuryuu's rescue. On the other hand, Alibaba's legs and arms are all in right place, but Hakuryuu's extreme magic was taking away senses... kinda like Yukimura in Tennipuri, so while there's no physical harm, Alibaba's body seems to be useless now. A draw, but I'll say Hakuryuu's got the upper hand.
    I.....shall wait for further confirmation before fully believing that. But if that's true, both have been damaged so much even plot armor failed. I wonder why Ohtaka is suddenly making crippled people of both of them, especially Alibaba. Wasn't there something similar in the N manga(I don't read it but I've heard of it) where such a rival battle ended in limb loss? Hm...Still gonna wait for confirmation & further analysis, like something more in-depth.
    "Spirit of truth and conviction, I command thee and thy household: envelope me, dwell in my body, turn me into a great demon.....Belial!"
    -Edge lord Hakuryuu 2015

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kurokishinjitsu's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Hakuryuu must really hate fire now wwww
    Let this child live, he already saw(and felt) enough of flames.

I wonder what exactly happened to Alibaba. Aladdin seem to be concerned with him.
    Last edited by kurokishinjitsu; March 02, 2015 at 04:20 AM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kurokishinjitsu View Post
    Hakuryuu must really hate fire now wwww
    Let this child life, he already saw(and felt) enough of flames.

I wonder what exactly happened to Alibaba. Aladdin seem to be concerned with him.
    He still has to fight Kouen, so he definitely isn't done with feeling fire yet...But you're right, poor guy. Although I wonder how serious the burn actually is, will it leave a mark on his legs like whats on his face or if it's more/less serious.

Alibaba in the meantime is practically dead. Originally Hakuryuu wanted to take out a few limbs to subdue him, but the entire body now? Might as well donate the metal vessel he has to charity now.
    And, to both Hakuryuu and Alibaba: Was it worth it? These last 8-9 chapters I mean. Did they actually gain anything of value from this battle, or is everyone just a loser?
    "Spirit of truth and conviction, I command thee and thy household: envelope me, dwell in my body, turn me into a great demon.....Belial!"
    -Edge lord Hakuryuu 2015

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kurokishinjitsu's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrySun View Post
    He still has to fight Kouen, so he definitely isn't done with feeling fire yet...But you're right, poor guy. Although I wonder how serious the burn actually is, will it leave a mark on his legs like whats on his face or if it's more/less serious.

Alibaba in the meantime is practically dead. Originally Hakuryuu wanted to take out a few limbs to subdue him, but the entire body now? Might as well donate the metal vessel he has to charity now.
    And, to both Hakuryuu and Alibaba: Was it worth it? These last 8-9 chapters I mean. Did they actually gain anything of value from this battle, or is everyone just a loser?
    Unless Ohtaka has any explanation for this, it was absolutely worthless and just a power-show off in my opinion. Let's wait for full scans to see what exactly happened.

Edit:
    Magi out of sudden became Katawa Shoujo
    Last edited by kurokishinjitsu; March 02, 2015 at 05:10 AM.

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course this was worthwhile. Alibaba's been protected by someone older and bigger than him like Sinbad and Kouen all this time. Yeah they were using him but they were also protecting him, guiding him. But now Alibaba is is growing his own ideas, trying to stand on his own feet... which means he's no longer being protected. See how Alibaba was before the fight, he was going all Naruto on Hakuryuu and after getting slapped a few times he's suddenly saying I'm sooo gonna knock you down lol
    Besides Ohtaka's always been fond of gores. I remember once a villian kicking Mogianna in the belly and saying you won't be able to get pregnant now....

Wow Hakuryuu looks like Tess... He didn't get the upper hand it's a draw
    Last edited by Jan123; March 02, 2015 at 05:23 AM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course this was worthwhile. Alibaba's been protected by someone older and bigger than him like Sinbad and Kouen all this time. Yeah they were using him but they were also protecting him, guiding him. But now Alibaba is is growing his own ideas, trying to stand on his own feet... which means he's no longer being protected. See how Alibaba was before the fight, he was going all Naruto on Hakuryuu and after getting slapped a few times he's suddenly saying I'm sooo gonna knock you down lol
    Besides Ohtaka's always been fond of gores. I remember once a villian kicking Mogianna in the belly and saying you won't be able to get pregnant now....
    I understand Sinbad, but Kouen hasn't done much with Alibaba yet. All they did together was short talks in the 2nd Balbadd arc and the rest was standing around at the summit. And according to the summit Alibaba is still Kouen's subordinate, so maybe Alibaba had some slight development during the battle but he'd still fight under Kouen and do what he says any day. Although him losing all his senses could contribute to his development too...if he can even develop without any senses...

And wtf who said that to Morgiana? :O First time I've heard of that. Well according to the drawing of Alibaba at the end of the fight, he really looks messed up, so maybe you're right and Ohtaka really likes this sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kurokishinjitsu
    Unless Ohtaka has any explanation for this, it was absolutely worthless and just a power-show off in my opinion. Let's wait for full scans to see what exactly happened.
    Yeah we should probably wait, as the next chapter should conclude these events, but from this translation it seems everyone's a loser. And should I feel bad for knowing what Katawa Shoujo is? Eh...

Also, a few remarks:
    -In that one picture, it looked as if Hakuryuu summoned a huge bone dragon. Quite intimidating.
    -Alibaba doesn't look delighted at the end, not at all...
    -The way the bone dragon thing and the fire spirit clashed was slightly cheesy, but quite well drawn I guess
    -Lovemagi is amazing

-The biggest remark: Judar caring so much about his king. Am I the only one who finds this simply adorable? He used to simply love war and fighting and would never stop fighting Aladdin until he killed him. But the way he just left Aladdin there shows how he cares much more about Hakuryuus well-being than about killing Aladdin. As Judar was fallen since the start, this partnership with Hakuryuu really developed his character quite a lot.

And for a show called Magi, Judar seems to be the only actual magi by the definition of it. Aladdin is more royal himself due to Solomon and is less invested in his king than he should, Titus is basically forced to care for Reim weather he likes it or not and Yunan does whatever he wants.

I'm surprised he hasn't turned half fallen in the meantime. Although I fear for him. Hakuryuus first remark will probably be that Judar failed in defeating Aladdin and will thus be rather unhappy with Judar instead of thanking him for the help, hugging him and doing other nsfw things.
    -Edge lord Hakuryuu 2015

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks fight is comming to an end. I am really disappointed in Hakuryuu, so much for all that smirk he was giving, its a collateral damage to both sides but Alibaba's injury look more serious, or was it just temporary. If yes then it would be a real disappointment and if its permenant then only an asspull can save Alibaba which everyone will be disappointed. In either way only disappointment awaits us. Bad step Ohtaka.
    I just can't understand what's the use of this fight.

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:39 PM ----------

I understand Sinbad, but Kouen hasn't done much with Alibaba yet. All they did together was short talks in the 2nd Balbadd arc and the rest was standing around at the summit. And according to the summit Alibaba is still Kouen's subordinate, so maybe Alibaba had some slight development during the battle but he'd still fight under Kouen and do what he says any day. Although him losing all his senses could contribute to his development too...if he can even develop without any senses...

And wtf who said that to Morgiana? :O First time I've heard of that. Well according to the drawing of Alibaba at the end of the fight, he really looks messed up, so maybe you're right and Ohtaka really likes this sort of stuff.

Yeah we should probably wait, as the next chapter should conclude these events, but from this translation it seems everyone's a loser. And should I feel bad for knowing what Katawa Shoujo is? Eh...

Also, a few remarks:
    -In that one picture, it looked as if Hakuryuu summoned a huge bone dragon. Quite intimidating.
    -Alibaba doesn't look delighted at the end, not at all...
    -The way the bone dragon thing and the fire spirit clashed was slightly cheesy, but quite well drawn I guess
    -Lovemagi is amazing

-The biggest remark: Judar caring so much about his king. Am I the only one who finds this simply adorable? He used to simply love war and fighting and would never stop fighting Aladdin until he killed him. But the way he just left Aladdin there shows how he cares much more about Hakuryuus well-being than about killing Aladdin. As Judar was fallen since the start, this partnership with Hakuryuu really developed his character quite a lot.

And for a show called Magi, Judar seems to be the only actual magi by the definition of it. Aladdin is more royal himself due to Solomon and is less invested in his king than he should, Titus is basically forced to care for Reim weather he likes it or not and Yunan does whatever he wants.

I'm surprised he hasn't turned half fallen in the meantime. Although I fear for him. Hakuryuus first remark will probably be that Judar failed in defeating Aladdin and will thus be rather unhappy with Judar instead of thanking him for the help, hugging him and doing other nsfw things.
    Yea judar look really adorable.
    And regarding magi jobs its like reading inorganic chemistry, like p-series where they write tons of rules that those elements should follow only to be found that every element has some exceptions so they don't follow those, really annoying.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont even know what to say for this chapter........to think that both of them to sustain such ridiculous injuries is just insane, Ohtaka really likes her gore lol.
    For Hakuryuu, it looks like his leg was completely burn off and he look freaking terrible in that panel, how the hell is he gonna fight Kouen now?? I mean he can use Zagan to recreate his leg but.....that is 3 limb out of 4 gone for good

For Alibaba, the fact that he looks normal is creepy, is he completely under Hakuryuu's control now or just a mindless puppet? Difficult to comment on that since it wasnt that clear

Overall, insane chapter IMO, this is what makes Ohtaka such a great author, she is so unpredictable and has no qualms at all in maiming some of the character even if they are suppose to be major characters of the series, i expected a draw which is what happen but I definitely did not expect such a repercussion. Furthermore, this is only a battle between 2 metal vessel user who arent even the strongest.....I cant imagine what will happen in the end if that "biggest war in history" that Muu was talking about happen

Its that guy back in the Zagan arc, one of the Althamen dark metal vessel user, the one with the huge ass arm fighting Masrur

Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Hakuryuu looks like Tess... He didn't get the upper hand it's a draw
    Alibaba is a comedian to all ofcourse they will protect their precious entertainer. Yeah during Zagan arc morgiana was beaten told that she can never become pregnant, Hakuryuu should start looking for another breeder lol. Anyway I like hakumor more than any pairing though. As for now Alibaba is literally in coma just before being full stop.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Something's off...
    When hakuryuu cut Alibaba's arm and leg, they reverted back to normal, but from what I can tell from the spoilers, Alibaba is still in Djinn Equip after the EM clash
    With that said, I highly doubt that Hakuryuu's extreme magic had the same affect on alibaba as his scythe did (losing control over his limbs).

Imagine if it turns out that their bodies were switched or something ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by airmattress View Post
    Something's off...
    When hakuryuu cut Alibaba's arm and leg, they reverted back to normal, but from what I can tell from the spoilers, Alibaba is still in Djinn Equip after the EM clash
    With that said, I highly doubt that Hakuryuu's extreme magic had the same affect on alibaba as his scythe did (losing control over his limbs).

Imagine if it turns out that their bodies were switched or something ...
    According to the chinese translation, it takes away that person's 5 senses, its quite iffy atm but i think why Alibaba hand and leg revert back to normal is because his body is completely been taken away, before it was merely a part of his body, now is the complete takeover. As for the switch body part.....that did be really insane but wouldnt make much sense to me though....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zaipher View Post
    According to the chinese translation, it takes away that person's 5 senses, its quite iffy atm but i think why Alibaba hand and leg revert back to normal is because his body is completely been taken away, before it was merely a part of his body, now is the complete takeover. As for the switch body part.....that did be really insane but wouldnt make much sense to me though....
    if it takes away the five senses, then why the hell is he still flying lol

Hm... I highly doubt he lost all his senses, maybe Hakuryuu's attack didn't hit him at full power and he retained some of them?
    Either that or there's gonna be a plot device that saves him, or maybe the isolation barrier works in this case? (Hakuryuu is probably gonna to Zagan and um... "woodify" himself).
    And yeah I don't think they'll switch bodies either, was just throwing that out there for sh*ts and giggles.

New Reply
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast