Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Come make your nominations in Fairy Tail Awards.
New Reply

Thread: Unresolved moral questions / Pain was right

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Unresolved moral questions / Pain was right

For me the cycle of hatred was kinda of the most important question in the series. But a solution for that problem was never provided. Instead the villages joined forces to fight Madara and the Juubi. Until they eventually break into war again.

And wasn't that Pain's plan? Create a weapon of mass destruction that would kill countless people, forcing all the villages to join forces? Because that's precisely what happened.

But let's go back to the cycle of hatred. As far I know there are still orphaned kids whom parents were killed in past wars and may become the next Pain or Sasuke. Am I supposed to forget this dilemma just because these two redeemed all of a sudden?

What about Ninjas being just tools? What about the ridiculously corrupt Shinobi system? There are no hints that such things changed after the manga ended.
    Last edited by Fox666; Yesterday at 05:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Unresolved moral questions / Pain was right

From what I remember, Pain's plan was to basically get the Akatsuki to the point where they were the stronger than all the villages and basically scare the villages into submission and if someone were to war with them, they'd blow them away with the bijuu. Cycle of hatred played a part too. Something about rotating peace and war eternally.

Towards the end of the series, the cycle of hatred only became Sasuke's and Uchiha's thing. All it took for everyone else was to just join forces for a few days and all of the history was forgiven. Kishi didn't think about individual shinobi.

According to Kishi, yes, you are supposed to forget about it. And even if they did hold a grudge, it's okay, everybody is redeemable! We can just talk you back into the Cult of Naruto.

I'm going to give Kishi the benefit of the doubt and say that he will probably bring up the fact that the Shinobi system is still somewhat corrupt. If he doesn't, well then, I guess he just wants us to assume that Kakashi and Naruto were so great at their jobs, that they just got rid of all corruption.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Iran
    Post Thanks / Like

Pain wasn't right , but Naruto didn't have and does not have any answer for the problem ...

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess the case can be made that he was right. Ultimately the villages did unite against the common enemy which was the original plan. Although I think that was not the only thing that mattered here. The answer to the cycle of hatred is in itself simple. Its simply to have the willingness to not perpetuate it, to forgive. Naruto showed a bit of that when he met nagato.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Pain was absolutely right because he understood human nature. He understood that humans have wants and desires that they need to have fulfilled. As kkck said, the answer to not give into hatred and to fight the good fight and try and understand other people. That seemed to be the underlying answer.

In the end you absolutely cannot eliminate the cycle of hatred, and that was Madara and Obito point. They felt that since humans could not change, that the world wasn't worth saving and wanted to essentially put everyone to sleep so everyone could be happy. In truth, not everyone can be happy, and if you accept that, then you can accept moving forward.

Naruto's solution was really just cooperation similar to what Hashirama wanted, but Obito helped him bring the world together by creating a common enemy.

Since this is a Shounen Manga there had to be a happy ending though and we got it. But undoubtedly what Pain proposed would happen eventually. The Naruto's of the world would fade and people would fight and kill one another again.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

New Reply