Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/23/15 - 3/29/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Characters who should have died

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Characters who should have died

I will start with Sakura and Kakashi. Sakura was useless for most of the story, and it would have made a better story if Kakashi died fighting Obito.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Characters who should have died

I can't say there's any character that I think should have died.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    I will start with Sakura and Kakashi. Sakura was useless for most of the story, and it would have made a better story if Kakashi died fighting Obito.
    Then Naruto would have been properly tested, so maybe all that talking by Obito trying to break Naruto would have been justified.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity marshall313's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadDogg View Post
    Then Naruto would have been properly tested, so maybe all that talking by Obito trying to break Naruto would have been justified.
    Not really. Naruto was already been tested when pain killed jiraiya. And yet it didn't break him. But still, am agree that sakura must be the one who should have died. Man, that girl is the most useless ninja in the naruto world.

When kakashi ''died'' when he fought yahiko, it seems it didn't bothered naruto that much. So it's more like jiraiya is the best sacrifice for naruto to be tested. And holla, it made naruto a one hell of a ninja.

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Obito should have stayed dead.

Same

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

trade sakura for neji

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Obito should have stayed dead.
    Which time? He came back from the dead about five times. I would've preferred he had perished permanently way back in Kakashi's Gaiden. Oro, Kaguya, Hagoromo; three other individuals that shouldn't have made appearances long after they'd been presumed dead...they did little to help their reputations upon their returns.

As for the thread, it seems weird that Sakura keeps coming up...beyond the general bashing of her character. The reasoning put forward seems to be that she's useless, and yet I could make a list that would go on for pages of people in the manga that were far, far less useful than her.....and their names haven't appeared. The list of people more useful than her throughout the story would seem significantly shorter. Am I to take it that this thread is meant to address deaths that would've contributed to the plot and development of the manga....or is it simply a thread for throwing out names of characters that one dislikes?

11. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Exactly. I understand a number of people hate sakura but what's the reasoning behind her proposed death?

Ok I would say the hokages should have remained dead. Or they shouldn't have participated in the war.

I don't know about obito being dead. Yeah he's annoying and his reasons for all the atrocities he committed are pretty silly but without him, the story is so different.
    Minato/kushina wouldn't be dead, itachi wouldn't have massacred the uchiha, naruto and sasuke without those loses are inconceivable. Akatsuki (the bijuu hunting one) wouldn't exist. Attack on konoha, hiruzen's death wouldn't have happened (because minato, itachi etc all available). Naruto would have all the love and attention he wants, sasuke would have his precious nii-san. Hinata wouldn't see naruto trying and would remain in her shell, jiraiya wouldn't have died, no pain arc etc etc .(the list is excruciatingly long). Only kakashi would be somewhat moody.

It wouldn't have any flavour. It would just be a story of happy people and all. The truth is as much as obito is hated (male counterpart to sakura), he is practically the most important character that influenced the most things. Maybe madara is above seeing as he drove obito onto that part by orchestrating rin's death to some extent.

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Impossibility View Post
    Which time? He came back from the dead about five times. I would've preferred he had perished permanently way back in Kakashi's Gaiden. Oro, Kaguya, Hagoromo; three other individuals that shouldn't have made appearances long after they'd been presumed dead...they did little to help their reputations upon their returns.
    Kakashi Gaiden, as you said.

Sad thing is, even their coming back wouldn't have been bad but it was handled so horribly by Kishi. But with knowledge of how things would turn out, I'd agree with you.

Quote Quote:
    As for the thread, it seems weird that Sakura keeps coming up...beyond the general bashing of her character. The reasoning put forward seems to be that she's useless, and yet I could make a list that would go on for pages of people in the manga that were far, far less useful than her.....and their names haven't appeared. The list of people more useful than her throughout the story would seem significantly shorter. Am I to take it that this thread is meant to address deaths that would've contributed to the plot and development of the manga....or is it simply a thread for throwing out names of characters that one dislikes?
    It's not unusual as she's one of the three or four main characters, and no one likes her infatuation with Sasuke.

I'm guessing it's just a thread for throwing out names of characters that one dislikes.

Same

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It is because she is useless, but honestly everyone turned useless as soon as kishi started to focus on "muh darkness, muh sharigan, muh bromance" bullshit. the problem is sakura is a main character, which made her extra useless in comparison to the other 3

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Chameleone View Post
    It is because she is useless, but honestly everyone turned useless as soon as kishi started to focus on "muh darkness, muh sharigan, muh bromance" bullshit. the problem is sakura is a main character, which made her extra useless in comparison to the other 3
    Quite frankly, Sakura was a main character in Part I. I think it's extremely difficult to consider her the same in Part II. Between Gaara's Rescue and the latter stages of the War, she pops up with some actual relevance maybe once or twice. She showed less development from the beginning of Part II than almost any of the other Rookies with the exception of probably Ino. When she was given a chance to involve herself, she was actually useful..... except, of course, when Sasuke was involved. I just can't with that. It's just confusing that your first post mentions switching out Neji for Sakura, when Neji can hardly be considered as useful as Sakura for the overwhelming majority of the manga... and I say that as a fan of Neji. The reality is that Sakura was effectively grouped with the other Rookies, in terms of prominence, during Part II. And I can't see any way in which her death would've been particularly useful or contributed to the plot. Of course, Neji's death was an exercise in stupidity. The argument can't even be made that she took too much focus, she was relegated to barely there after the first arc of Part II. Now, if the argument is that she should've died because as the manga continued she was written in such a way that effectively destroyed every shred of integrity and support she earned during the Kazekage Rescue arc.....that I can understand.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I'm guessing it's just a thread for throwing out names of characters that one dislikes.
    It's not. It's about what would make a better story.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't see any way in which her death would've been particularly useful or contributed to the plot.
    I can actually think of a way that Sakura's death would have made some type of contribution. If not to the overall plot, then at least to developing and testing Naruto's character. Everything turned out in such a way that all of Sasuke's crimes had no personal impact on Naruto himself. That is to say that everything that Sasuke did never was a slight against Naruto. Naruto was affected by his actions but only because of sentimental reasons and his attachment to Sasuke. Say that Sasuke in his crazy state were to kill Sakura, it would've actually served to test Naruto's resolve. He always went on about saving Sasuke and bringing him back. How then would he feel that Sasuke murdered his crush. Even if one were to say "well he stopped crushing on her by that point," Sakura was still a teammate that had been with him through thick and thin. She was still a part of the leaf village and still was a very big part of his life. If Sasuke were to succeed in killing her thereby tearing that part of his life away from him for no other reason than Sasuke's own insanity, it would serve as a legitimate test to the bull crap that he started spouting to Nagato. A legitimate test to his resolve regarding this whole chain of hatred thing. With that, her death would have served a purpose. Far better in my opinion than simply serving as a catalyst for a romance.

Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    I can actually think of a way that Sakura's death would have made some type of contribution. If not to the overall plot, then at least to developing and testing Naruto's character. Everything turned out in such a way that all of Sasuke's crimes had no personal impact on Naruto himself. That is to say that everything that Sasuke did never was a slight against Naruto. Naruto was affected by his actions but only because of sentimental reasons and his attachment to Sasuke. Say that Sasuke in his crazy state were to kill Sakura, it would've actually served to test Naruto's resolve. He always went on about saving Sasuke and bringing him back. How then would he feel that Sasuke murdered his crush. Even if one were to say "well he stopped crushing on her by that point," Sakura was still a teammate that had been with him through thick and thin. She was still a part of the leaf village and still was a very big part of his life. If Sasuke were to succeed in killing her thereby tearing that part of his life away from him for no other reason than Sasuke's own insanity, it would serve as a legitimate test to the bull crap that he started spouting to Nagato. A legitimate test to his resolve regarding this whole chain of hatred thing. With that, her death would have served a purpose. Far better in my opinion than simply serving as a catalyst for a romance.
    I think this might've worked if this was another manga entirely. The reality though is that Naruto was always going to fight to the end to bring Sasuke back into the fold, regardless of how naïve or idiotic such an action might've been. It was pretty much the sticking point of the entire manga, whether we like it or not. Sakura's death at the hands of Sasuke would've left two options; a change in Naruto's intentions towards Sasuke or Naruto's continued resolve. The former simply wasn't an option for the manga, as mentioned, the conclusion makes that abominably clear. The latter would've completely devalued Sakura as a character, even more than we had to endure, and would've put the remainder of the cast in an untenable position, which in itself wouldn't have paved the way for Kishi's conclusion. The existing ending pretty much barrelled through the obvious signposts and roadblacks....Sakura's death at the hands of Sasuke would've made such a thing practically impossible.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Exodi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    It's not. It's about what would make a better story.
    It isn't? Because I was just going to list Chouji, Orochimaru, and Karin.

Guess I'll just say Sakura like everyone else is doing.

New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast