Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
I've got an inspiration for a new game as a fanfic (because I realise most fanfics of LG are about romance and not... a game round). So I wanted to present it here to see if it got any loopholes. Thank you!
15 people, groups of 5.
1) each person given 1 card. Each card contains 5 million from the start.
2) each person must buy jewels. He will use the card each round to choose which box of jewels using a "computer". He can buy only 1 box per round. He can check how many jewels he have with the card. However, he does not know what other group member bought. At the 10th round, everyone’s amount of jewels will be revealed.
3) There are 5 types of boxes available in infinite quantities. The $100 thousand is the cheapest, $500 thousand is the most expensive. Each jewel stands for $10 000, but the boxes with the price might have less or more jewels than stated, the prices are rough estimates.
4) each round, everyone must choose a box. Then, the total cost will be split among the members.
5) player with most number of jewels win. Everyone must return 5 million. Jewels can be auctioned off only starting from the 10th round. Group that wins get additional box of 50 jewels to be split as they wish. Minimum number of jewels to pass is 150. If you don’t pass, you don’t proceed to the next game.
1. If everyone chose the most expensive box, there will be TAXES of $5 million to be split equally among 5 people, making it even more expensive than if just buying it alone.
2. If 4 people chose the most expensive box, the person who chose the least expensive box will have to pay for EVERYONE, while everyone else gets their boxes as usual without paying.
3. If 3 people chose the most expensive box, everyone pay equally, but the 2 people who buy the cheapest boxes will have no jewels--their jewels will be split among the other 3.
4. If the number of people buying most expensive box is less than half of the group, AKA ⅖, then everyone pays equally and getting their own boxes. In other words, 2 people at any one time can buy the most expensive box.
5. If everyone buys the cheapest boxes, they will get the jewels for free.
Group Water: Akiyama, Fukunaga, Kanzaki, Yukina, XX
Group Earth: Yokoya, Katsuragi, XX, XX, XX
Group Air: Harimoto, (followers) Sakiko, Murako, XX, XX
Everyone can choose a group and play!
Well I don't know if you meant "cheaper" instead of "cheapest" but if that rule only applies for the "cheapest" you should think about modifying it.
Furthermore it would be interesting to know how much the actual value of the boxes fluctuates. Would it even be possible that the value of box is less that the value of a cheaper box?
Additionally I think it's not clear if team members are allowed to communicate by any means and if there would even be a possibility to communicate with members of the other groups. I presume that at least communication with the own group members is part of the game (otherwise there would not be too much room for lying ).
Nonetheless it got some Liar Game feeling.
Additional info (sorry I didn't think to clarify)
1. Communication is encouraged lol. Like Yokoya will obviously try to bribe people.
2.The estimated amount of jewels would be less or MORE, but they would be more than the last level and less than the next level. The uncertainty of the jewel is what makes it interesting, heh.
Like for the 100,000 box: 0-19
200,000 box: 11-29
300,000 box: 21-39
400,000 box: 31-49
500,000 box: 41-59
So it's possible to get a windfall if you're damn lucky. There is no "minimum" jewels to pass the round. As long as you voted and returned the 5 million (the amount can be in money and jewels, like $3 million and 200 jewels, so only 10 rounds of buying 200,000 box would equal to that already).
3. In other words, money only matters until you get the 5 mil. So Nao's strategy won't work because she wants to ADVANCE to next round. so for the selfish group that buys the 500,000 each time, They will just continue to get debts which will be carried onto the next round, since the 5mil can come from money AND/OR jewels and the number of jewels is what's important.
PS: I meant cheapest as in anything less than 500,000 lol. So there's reason why people choose to buy 500,000 because theres nothing more expensive than that.