Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Welcome to Mangahelpers Manhwa Forums
Manhwa is the name for comics produced in the Republic of Korea. Manhwa was once primarily serialized in phone book size magazines printed in black and white, like Japanese manga. Recent years has seen the rise of free webcomics, posted on Korean search engines Naver and Daum. Webcomics are a radical change from older manhwa, as different from manga tradition as manga is from American comics. Largely printed in full color, Korean webcomics are formatted in a scroll layout. And unlike print manhwa, and manga, webcomics are not divided by gender. Manhwa offers a wide variety of styles, and a true alternative to manga. For new fans, this forum is a great place to start exploring the world of Korean comics. For established fans, we hope you enjoy discussing your favorite series!
- Discussion in this forum is focused on single series. For more general discussion head to the MH Manhwa Hangout or Otaku Cafe.
- When creating a thread, please follow this format for the title: Series Title by Author/Artist.
- Please Try and link to the original, untranslated webcomic at Naver or Daum.
- There are no requirements, but please try to add as much information about a series as possible.
- Only one thread per series.
- The Manhwa forums are for discussion only. Do not ask for raws, translations, or scanlations.
- This forum is for Manhwa only. When in doubt, use Mangaupdates to look a series up.
Prefixes are based on publishing status in Korea.
- Ongoing: Currently published in Korea.
- Complete: Publication has ended in Korea.
- Hiatus: A temporary halt in publication.
- Canceled: Publication has been terminated prematurely.
- One Shot: Short stories. Typically one chapter, always less than a volume.
- Info: Mod use only. For rules, guides, and the hangout thread.
Last edited by Kaiten; June 20, 2011 at 01:56 PM.