Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Come make your nominations in Fairy Tail Awards.
New Reply
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Help me recheck this translation.

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner psyblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    Vietnam
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Help me recheck this translation.

    The situation is: this long hair girl and this boy is trying to solve the misunderstanding between them and the black short hair girl. but they ended up making this misunderstanding become more serious.

    Raw:
    Spoiler show


    And this is my translation of the two pages:

    Spoiler show


    I dont think, I translated it wrongly, but I seem it's a bit not logic. At first, they tried to solve the misunderstanding between them and the short hair girl, and end up making the misunderstanding become more serious, but the following page, the girl offer some solutions to make everyone stop thinking the boy is a hentai.

    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by psyblade; December 09, 2014 at 02:12 PM.

  2. #2
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Help me recheck this translation.

    Quote Originally Posted by psyblade View Post
    The situation is: this long hair girl and this boy is trying to solve the misunderstanding between them and the black short hair girl. but they ended up making this misunderstanding become more serious.
    And this is my translation of the two pages:

    Spoiler show


    I dont think, I translated it wrongly, but I seem it's a bit not logic. At first, they tried to solve the misunderstanding between them and the short hair girl, and end up making the misunderstanding become more serious, but the following page, the girl offer some solutions to make everyone stop thinking the boy is a hentai.

    Thanks in advance. :D
    A few comments:
    Spoiler show


    Yuuki - the guy who is misunderstood.
    Hikari - the one with short hair. She stands up and leave the classroom. (She probably thinks that Yuuki is a pervert.)
    Yuuki's relative? - the girl with long hair. She make silly suggestions to help out Yuuki.

    What part do you find confusing?

  3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #3
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner psyblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    Vietnam
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Help me recheck this translation.

    Some of my answers to your comments
    Spoiler show


    I dont understand why the girl suddenly changed their mission from solve the misunderstanding between the boy and the short hair girl to "erase" everyone's bad thinking of the boy.

    They tried to solve the misunderstanding but ended up making the problem more serious. After that, the girl said "I still have some solutions for this problem" in p1. I think this "problem" is the misunderstanding between boy and the short hair girl.

    But, in P2, she offered solutions to solve the bad thinking from everyone, not the misunderstanding with the short hair girl. The boy said "Of course, I dont want to be thought as a hentai by everyone, but..." in the end of p2. I think, it's a bit not logic.

    Maybe, because the long hair girl want to solve all the problems at once (the previous misunderstanding between the boy and girl and the the bad thinking from everyone that they just have made), but the boy think he want solve the misunderstanding with the short hair girl, not erase it.

    Or maybe, The long hair girl wanted to solve the bad thinking from everyone that they just have made. But the boy refused because he thought those suggestions is all weird and he thought that solve the misunderstanding with the short hair girl is more important than solve the bad thinking from everyone.

    Or maybe, just because I am so stupid that I cannot understand the mangaka.
    Last edited by psyblade; December 09, 2014 at 11:55 PM.

  5. #4
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Help me recheck this translation.

    Replies to your questions in spoiler:
    Spoiler show


    Quote Quote:
    I dont understand why the girl suddenly changed their mission from solve the misunderstanding between the boy and the short hair girl to "erase" everyone's bad thinking of the boy.
    Those 2 suggestions are to solve the same problem.

    Quote Quote:
    They tried to solve the misunderstanding but ended up making the problem more serious. After that, the girl said "I still have some solutions for this problem" in p1. I think this "problem" is the misunderstanding between boy and the short hair girl.

    But, in P2, she offered solutions to solve the bad thinking from everyone, not the misunderstanding with the short hair girl. The boy said "Of course, I dont want to be thought as a hentai by everyone, but..." in the end of p2. I think, it's a bit not logic.

    Maybe, because the long hair girl want to solve all the problems at once (the previous misunderstanding between the boy and girl and the the bad thinking from everyone that they just have made), but the boy think he want solve the misunderstanding with the short hair girl, not erase it.

    Or maybe, The long hair girl wanted to solve the bad thinking from everyone that they just have made. But the boy refused because he thought those suggestions is all weird and he thought that solve the misunderstanding with the short hair girl is more important than solve the bad thinking from everyone.

    Or maybe, just because I am so stupid that I cannot understand the mangaka.
    Misunderstanding: The guy looks like a perverted moron to all his classmates including the girl with short hair. In reality, he is simply acting like that for a good reason, to save the world for example. There is no romantic or perverted relationships between him and the girl with long hair.

    If you are in love with someone, you don't want the person to dislike you. Here in this manga, he doesn't want to be misunderstood specially by Hikari (the girl with short hair) probably because he really likes her. That's all it is.

    The girl with long hair makes a couple of suggestions. One was to turn everyone into a pervert, so that he would not stand out (as a hentai). The other was to manupilate people's memory so that they wouldn't remember anything that make them think of him as a creep (or whatever).

    皆の記憶を修正すれば ---
    * 皆(everyone) includes Hikari (girl with short hair)
    * 修正 is to correct
    (Erasing memory and manipulating memory are a bit different. )

  6. #5
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner psyblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    Vietnam
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Help me recheck this translation.

    OK, I think I was just too "極端". (I really dont know how to write this word in English )
    And, I still have somthing to ask. What does this sentence mean?

    Quote Quote:
    脱がせようという敵の攻撃を脱ぎかけという自らの攻撃に転じるというのか
    I translated it as
    Quote Quote:
    "This skill is "change the power of enemy "clothes undressing" attack into own's "undressing" attack power??"
    //I understand what 脱ぎかけ is, but it's very hard to translate into English, even it's hard to explain in my mother tongue.
    //The skill I am mentioning is some kinds of counter attacking skill.

    Does it correct?
    Last edited by psyblade; December 11, 2014 at 04:01 AM.

  7. #6
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Help me recheck this translation.

    Quote Originally Posted by psyblade View Post
    脱がせようという敵の攻撃を脱ぎかけという自らの攻撃に転じるというのか
    I translated it as
    This skill is "change the power of enemy "clothes undressing" attack into own's "undressing" attack power??
    Your proofreader may get confused, so make sure you get rid of the extra " (the first one) and add 's to enemy. "Own's" can be changed to her/his own.

    *Alt translation ideas:
    脱がせよう means: attempt to undress someone. -----> "Undressing Oponents"
    脱ぎかけ means: unfinised undressing yourself. ---->"Half-undressed"

  8. #7
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner psyblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Country
    Vietnam
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Help me recheck this translation.

    OK, thanks, and sorry but I have another thing to ask. It's is not Japanese.

    Spoiler show


    Does XXX-XXXX-XXXX is Phone number?
    Does 1-333-52-8 is Home Address? //I found some Japanese home address example in the Internet, but it is not so long like this one.
    Does Hoshi Ume is name? Because I have never heard a lastname like this. "Hoshi".

  9. #8
    Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,607
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Help me recheck this translation.

    Quote Originally Posted by psyblade View Post
    OK, thanks, and sorry but I have another thing to ask. It's is not Japanese.
    Does XXX-XXXX-XXXX is Phone number?
    Yes, it's a cell phone number. (Land-line number would be in 10 digit in most cases.)
    Quote Quote:
    Does 1-333-52-8 is Home Address? //I found some Japanese home address example in the Internet, but it is not so long like this one.
    Yes.
    Quote Quote:
    Does Hoshi Ume is name? Because I have never heard a lastname like this. "Hoshi".
    Yes. Hoshi is a family/last name. Ume sounds like a given name of an old lady - like a great grandma.
    Also, Hoshi Ume sounds similar to Umeboshi (plum pickles), and I found it a bit funny.

    Next time, please make a new thread when you have a question (even if it's very short). That way, other members do not need to read through all the posts. thx!

New Reply

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts