Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/23/15 - 3/1/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: Bleach 617 by BadKarma , One Piece 777 by cnet128 , Gintama 531 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tyki & Neah - What was/is their relation?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Tyki & Neah - What was/is their relation?

Spoiler show

First we had Wisely pointing the fact that Tyki looks a lot like Neah, fact confirmed by Road in Chapter 187. While the rest of Noahs looks a lot different from each other.

Then we had Neah appearing to Allen and even Allen thought he was Tyki.

After having Wisely's and Skin Bolic's noahlizations, I thought that all Noah's faces were from the human form.
    So it made me think that maybe the human that became this Joyed (Tyki) is related to the human that became Neah (before Allen). Maybe they were siblings or cousins.

What do you think?

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ANGELiki's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tyki & Neah - What was/is their relation?

Whoa!! I never thought it like that...!
    Nice ideas! But now that you mention it...
    How about: Neah as a Noah died, the human host remained, and afterwards became the host for Joido Noah!
    Totally far-fetched XD It's more likely they're brothers... After all, there IS a curious brother relationship between Mana-Neah & Neah-Earl. So it's pretty likely there is a similar connection between Tyki and Neah...
    Whoa, what a big family
    Reach out, touch infinity
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANGELiki View Post
    Whoa!! I never thought it like that...!
    Nice ideas! But now that you mention it...
    How about: Neah as a Noah died, the human host remained, and afterwards became the host for Joido Noah!
    Totally far-fetched XD It's more likely they're brothers... After all, there IS a curious brother relationship between Mana-Neah & Neah-Earl. So it's pretty likely there is a similar connection between Tyki and Neah...
    Whoa, what a big family
    Yes, but this means that if there is a direct relationship between Neah and Tyki/Joyd, that means Tyki/Joyd is special. What can possbily be exceptionally special between Pleasure and Destruction?? I mean, i don't think Hoshino would make this relationship if there wasn't a deeper meaning behind it... but i can't think of a reason why Pleasure would be a special emotion of Noah...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSofAofCOCA View Post
    Yes, but this means that if there is a direct relationship between Neah and Tyki/Joyd, that means Tyki/Joyd is special. What can possbily be exceptionally special between Pleasure and Destruction?? I mean, i don't think Hoshino would make this relationship if there wasn't a deeper meaning behind it... but i can't think of a reason why Pleasure would be a special emotion of Noah...
    I think the idea of "Pleasure" can be destructive, when you think of it more like "love" or "desire" (even though there's a different Noah for desire). When you love someone, you'd be willing to do anything for them. Including many destructive things. I've heard stories of people going into depression and abusing drugs or even committing suicide because their love wouldn't accept them - such is sometimes called a "destructive decision". Or maybe if the same thing happened, one might go into a murderous rage? Hmm...

I'd like to see more opinions about this. It's very interesting.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner andrea1chan's Avatar
    Country
    Iceland
    Post Thanks / Like

Neah did die 35 years ago and tyki is 26(acording to wiki) so the age is the only problem cuz we don't know how old Neah was when he died.
    But it is stil posible for a connection, Tyki could be Neah younger cousin cuz we do not know Neah's family other than Mana.
    Neah and Tyki are pretty much alike so it is possible to be a even closer connection.

my engrish

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My theory is the previous Joyde was two people, a lot like Jasdevi. (Neah and Mana together being the previous Joyde, of course). And the only thing that's got Neah still alive and kickin' at the moment was his forethought to implant his memories into his future host, to insure he'll "reincarnate" if died fighting the Earl.
    It's hilariously far-fetched, but it's the first idea that pops into my mind that explains why Neah, a young Mana and Tyki all look the bloody same- they're all the same Noah.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ANGELiki's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Debitto and Jasderi (or however they're called) don't look alike though.
    We have: __Mana looks like Earl
    __________Joyd looks like Neah
    Tyki DOES seem to be special, because je consiously tried to repress the Noah's personality.
    I think that Neah is the Earl's succesor, like, his son. And maybe Mana was earl for a while, then the Noah inside him quitted, and there was a new Earl... And Mana didn't remember anything afterwards. Anyway we only have their word that the Earl lived for so many years, but I think that the Earl's appearence (with the teeth and glasses) is just a cover, something that was also implied in Continue. So, maybe even the earl dies, but because all the Earls use the same cover, no one finds out. In addition, something like that would mean that there IS a way to save the host from the Noah after all, and so Allen has a chance.
    Reach out, touch infinity
    Life is just a memory
    Time is not the entity
    Like it used to be

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andrea1chan View Post
    Neah did die 35 years ago and tyki is 26(acording to wiki) so the age is the only problem cuz we don't know how old Neah was when he died.
    But it is stil posible for a connection, Tyki could be Neah younger cousin cuz we do not know Neah's family other than Mana.
    Neah and Tyki are pretty much alike so it is possible to be a even closer connection.

my engrish
    Well, of course there are information lacking. We don't know when Tyki became Noah, it could had happened 34 years or 2 years ago.
    If it was 2 years ago, the person that wondered if Tyki could be Neah's child in my DeviantArt can be correct.

And we don't know if all the Noahs can keep or change their age appearance as Road can.

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sparviero-92's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

wiki says neah is mana's younger brother

Quote Quote:
    Neah Walker (ネア・ウォー, Nea Wōkā?), often referred to as The 14th (14番目?), The Musician or The Player, was the extra member of the Noah Family and the younger brother of Mana Walker.
    I didn't know about that
    マヨネーズが足りないんだけどぉぉお!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

... I have no theories right now, just thought I'd add another clue(?)

Back in chapter 93 there was some sort of foreshadowing to Tyki being "special" for some reason this phrase made me laugh *shot*.
    Gosh, how it has nagged me ever since the first time I read those pages x'D :

Spoiler: Chapter 93, first 2 pages (copy-paste from Mangareader) show

Tyki's... obsession(?) with Allen definitely has something to do with him being the 14th... and the fact that Tyki and Nea looks almost identical also adds so much to this whole mystery, and is probably linked with Earl and Mana looking alike... Tyki seems to almost hold a grudge or something against Allen/14th on the above pages (... could that mean that Tyki is not simply a reincarnation of the 14th, or would he in that case be angry at/obsessed with himself? )

I'm sorry, I really don't have a theory, not even a clue! D8 I salute Hoshino-sama aka Earl/God for that
    Last edited by relory; December 18, 2010 at 05:28 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

well......In reverse 3, Mana is supposedly 17 years old. by current logic, Tyki can't be Neah's son b/c Neah is supposed to be younger than even Mana. Up until now, i was under the impression that Tyki was 'special' b/c he suppresed the Noah unintentionaly (or so said by the Earl when he comes to pick up release!Tyki) It could be that Joyd was on Neah's side, but was killed in the process. The earl might be blaming his death on neah.......
    Ugh, hoshino. we need answers!!! D=

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Mana were really 17 at the time of him adopting Allen/Red-at-the-time, then wouldn't he be about Tyki's age now, if he were still alive?

Also, I've started to think that Allen is developing so many symptoms of being the 14th at this point because he's about the age Neah probably was when he died - if Mana was 17, Neah had to be at least a year younger than him, and Allen is 16 by now, then they're both the same "age", aren't they?

I like the idea of Neah and Mana both being Joyd at the same time just like Jasdevi, but I see no precedent for that. For Jasdevi it makes sense because they're the "Bonds" of the Noah. Them being split up into two parts and then joining back up into one makes perfect sense (to me, anyway). But the "Pleasure" of the Noah? I just don't see why that would make any sense. Perhaps if they were lovers, but unless we're involving some kind of incest here, I don't see that happening. D8

I like to think that Tyki's resemblance to Neah is purely symbolic, but there's a good chance that Hoshino's up to no good again with this one!

Country
    China
    Post Thanks / Like

The theory I believe most is that (thanks to yoh。@ikunlun) Mana's body was changed by 14th, from a 17-year-old teen's body to a human man's body (maybe the earl 's spare body, since we can see from the reverse3 that Mana looked a lot like the earl. ). Somehow Mana slept for over 20 years, and when he woke up, he found himself being an old man. From the novel we can see that Mana didn't know Neah was already dead and he thought he was only 17.

So where is Mana's real body? If Mana and 14th are twin brothers, It can be assumed that the body that Tyki is using currently is Mana's real body. It can't be 14th's body, since Tyki has a mole below his left eye, while Neah hasn't got one.
    In Cross's recollection, Mana had long hair; Now Tyki got long hair too. Is that a hint?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ying_su's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ANGELiki View Post
    Oh no. Someone will start a thread now: Is Mana Tyki?
    That's the other option, imo, either mana was the tyki or the earl(in such a complicate way) or neither

The main thing to explain here is how the hell did mana stopped being a Noah?

Things explained are: the similarity between Allen and Tikk and his obsesion with him.

TIMCANPY FOR THE WIN!!!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe, just maybe, "Pleasures" and "Destruction" might have been the same Noah (Not talking about the hosts here) before something happened and caused them to split? Like, the original Noah of Pleasure/Destruction was too powerful so someone forced them into two? I mean, the ability to choose what to touch, and the ability to choose what to destroy... With a touch, you can destroy, something to that extent.

The loss of half your soul isn't exactly a good thing, kinda like the concept of soul twins. They'll do whatever it takes to join back with their other half and risk being driven insane in the process, which would sort of explain why both Tyki and Allen lost control and went berserk when they both awakened (And Tyki's obsession with Allen, for that matter).

Also, what about Cyril? Has he been confirmed to be a real, blood-related brother to Tyki or just a "brother" in Noah terms? Perhaps the Earl had a play in sacrilege. Too much obsession isn't a pretty thing.
    Last edited by oceanfrost; December 20, 2010 at 11:54 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast