Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Translations: One Piece 786 by cnet128 , Bleach 626 by cnet128 , Gintama 542 (2)
New Reply
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Eyrie
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

I expect Fuji, Kirihara & Niou to reach 20 base stats.
    Also 2-3 new epic counters/special moves from Fuji.
    Last edited by Philia; August 13, 2014 at 03:36 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Ken- View Post
    I think they all probably will climb up a fair bit. Even people with lower base stats should grow enough that they can fight the ex 18-20 of 1st stringer, imo. They are suppose to be the cream of the crops or whatever that is anyways.
    I don't know about this. I can't imagine, say Chinen, take on Taira for instance. Also, I wonder if the chosen MSers will receive more training for the remaining time before the WC than those that weren't chosen.

I think they'll stay even. If you look at the past history, I'll say Atobe will probably surpass Tezuka stats wise, but I believe, say, the climb from 6 to 7 is harder than the climb from 1 to 2. Don't really have anything to prove that, though.
    So you're thinking something like 25.5 for Atobe and 25 for Tezuka? Or do you think they'll have the same value there, but Atobe's stat area will be greater? E.g. if Atobe's Mental improved by 1.5 and all his other stats stayed the same, and Tezuka improved his Speed by 0.5 and his Stamina by 1, they'd both have 25, but I believe Atobe's stat spread would be slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by Philia View Post
    I expect Fuji, Kirihara & Niou to reach 20 base stats.
    Also 2-3 new epic counters/special moves from Fuji.
    I could see this I guess? Not sure if 20 or 19 would be a better estimate for them. Like, I don't think anyone's gonna go past 25 (maybe 25.5) total, so that would leave 1.5-2 points of improvement for Atobe, and he's said to improve faster than anyone else, so going by that those guys should only get 1 or 1.5 points maybe (except Shiraishi since he needs to maintain a balanced spread) I think. Although 20 seems more likely than 19.5.

As for others, half of Yukimura's stats seem to be pretty irrelevant for him, so I'd expect him to just further improve his Mental and Technique. Also, I think Akutsu's Mental is going to go up by a point or two - he only has a 3 because he's easy to provoke, but in the 2/6 match he kept a cool head throughout the match. EDIT: Could also see an extra point in Technique if he advances to 15ao.
    Last edited by Kaoz; August 13, 2014 at 10:05 AM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
    I don't know about this. I can't imagine, say Chinen, take on Taira for instance. Also, I wonder if the chosen MSers will receive more training for the remaining time before the WC than those that weren't chosen.
    I mean the 14 chosen MS, not all the MS.

So you're thinking something like 25.5 for Atobe and 25 for Tezuka? Or do you think they'll have the same value there, but Atobe's stat area will be greater? E.g. if Atobe's Mental improved by 1.5 and all his other stats stayed the same, and Tezuka improved his Speed by 0.5 and his Stamina by 1, they'd both have 25, but I believe Atobe's stat spread would be slightly better.
    Yes, something like that.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

---------- Post added July 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was July 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM ----------

Looks like nobody wanted to take a shot at this, but I'm gonna post my own thoughts anyway. Ryoma's current stats are, in my opinion, as follows:
    Speed - 5 (+1): Based on Ryoga commenting that Ryoma's movement improved. I could see this being a 4.5 as well, but I don't think anything higher than 5 is reasonable.
    Power - 3 (+0): Nothing suggests this increased.
    Stamina - 4 (+0): Same.
    Mental - 7 (+2): Based on Ryoma using Samurai. In Oni's profile it says that Kijin is the proof of him having sharpened his concentration powers to their utmost limit, and at the moment 7 is the highest real stat value we have, so I feel like 7 Mental might be one of the requirements for this kind of special move.
    Technique - 6 (+1): Ryoma learned GS, so this should've gone up for sure. It's kinda difficult to justify it not being a 7, but GS gets thrown around so much that I don't think it's the most technical move in the series.

That spread has a total of 25, which seems to be the stat threshold for a G10 level singles player.

Also, do you think Atobe will surpass Tezuka in terms of stats or will they stay even?
    I feel Ryoma's stamina should be a 5. He has kept Muga on for whole games and is outright stated to have good stamina.

The MSers will probably reach G10 level. Powercreep is rea

Atobe will never plot-wise surpass Tezuka. Tezuka is the Ace. Atobe is not ever going to be that good. Maybe Atobe will have a higher stat total but Tezuka, if it comes down to a rematch or power leveling, will be the superior player.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My predictions for Tezuka's stats:

Speed: 5 (He is improving his lower body strength and seems to be doing a lot of cardio to improve stamina as well).
    Power: 4
    Stamina: 5 (He is focusing a lot on building stamina)
    Mental: 6 (He was already mentally strong. Playing against top U17 players and less worry when it comes to his shoulder acting up should help).
    Technique: 6

Also I agree. Don't think Atobe will ever surpass Tezuka(at least for long) but he will be a close rival.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2011 View Post
    Also I agree. Don't think Atobe will ever surpass Tezuka(at least for long) but he will be a close rival.
    Except Atobe already "surpass" Tezuka at one point back in Kantou by beating him. In the long run, it's pretty obvious that no one will surpass Tezuka. We saw Tezuka win a grand slam, it's a ditto that he'll be the strongest at some point.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Except Atobe already "surpass" Tezuka at one point back in Kantou by beating him. In the long run, it's pretty obvious that no one will surpass Tezuka. We saw Tezuka win a grand slam, it's a ditto that he'll be the strongest at some point.
    Tezuka wasn't at full strength back then though(No Pinnacle of Hard Work and was he winning before the shoulder injury) but yea he did technically surpass him I guess and I did say not for long so I didn't say Atobe will never be better than Tezuka.

Basically, Atobe will probably win a few matches against Tezuka in the future but I think Tezuka will have the edge overall.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So how do you think the Japanese players have improved stat wise compared to what we've seen in the fanbook?

Spoiler: My Estimates show

I took Shiraishi as base for the MSers. I'd expect him to still have the same value in each area, so it's either 22.5 or 25, but if it were the latter, Atobe would be almost equal to the best HSers and I feel like that's too much, so I assumed 22.5. So that's a 2-3 point improvement for each MSer.

I wasn't really sure whether to assume a stat increase for the HSers as well or not, but they probably need it. Went with 1 point most of the time because their growth is slower than that of the MSers.

What kinda improvements do you expect?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

All of that's fine, I suppose.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaoz, Tanegashima's stats are messed up. His technique was 6 and his mental 7 IIRC.

And Atobe's technique is 6 for me, the gap from 6-7 is too big. The only one who can have a 7 in technique is probably Yukimura atm. I expect Sanada to have improved his speed also.

Kintaro should have a 6 in speed. Out of all the MS who are in the team, he should be the fastest of them, but a 5 is fine too. Akutsu's 6 in power is too much tbh, it's pretty much stated that the strongest ones in terms of power are Kin-chan and Gin.

The rest is fine I think.
    Last edited by LetalHawk; April 13, 2015 at 06:55 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Kaoz, Tanegashima's stats are messed up. His technique was 6 and his mental 7 IIRC.
    Not sure how I messed that up, thanks for catching that. In that case I'd relocate the point I gave him in Speed to Stamina.

And Atobe's technique is 6 for me, the gap from 6-7 is too big. The only one who can have a 7 in technique is probably Yukimura atm. I expect Sanada to have improved his speed also.
    Atobe: Are you saying he should stay at 25 or get a point elsewhere?
    Sanada: I feel like he wouldn't have more than 25, so I'd relocate the Stamina if others think he should have 5 Speed.

Akutsu's 6 in power is too much tbh, it's pretty much stated that the strongest ones in terms of power are Kin-chan and Gin.
    5 Speed or 5 Technique then? Probably leaning towards Speed myself here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah Akutsu's speed should be 5. I think Atobe could get a 6 in mental, but I'd reconsider giving him a 7 in tech if he shows something new in his next match.

Sanada: 5 in speed and in his stamina maybe 4.5. The rest is fine.

And I was saying that Tanegashima's technique was 6 and not 7, the 7 was for his mental.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

And I was saying that Tanegashima's technique was 6 and not 7, the 7 was for his mental.
    Yeah, I know. I was saying that instead of 6/5/5/7/6 I'd give him 5/5/6/7/6 then since that gives him a greater area value.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Eyrie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any Japanese MSer's should get a 7 in any stat.
    Yukimura is kinda overpowered there. His stats should not be more than : SPE: 4.5, POW: 4, STA: 5, MEN: 6, TEC: 6 (+.5 SPE, +0.5 POW, +1.5 STA)
    OVERALL: 25.5

I think it was stated in the fanbook that his stamina was still unsteady because he just recovered from an illness. So, I think if he undergoes surgery and trains a bit afterwards the stat is gonna get a major boost should be his stamina.

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Also I think

Atobe (+1 STA, +0.5 MEN)
    SPE: 4, POW: 4, STA: 6, MEN: 5, TEC: 6 =OVERALL: 25

And Kin-chan (+1 SPE, +1 POW, +1 TEC)
    SPE: 5, POW: 6, STA: 5, MEN: 4, TEC: 5 = OVERALL: 25

Fuji (+1 SPE, +1 POW, +1 TEC)
    SPE: 4, POW: 4, STA: 3, MEN: 4, TEC: 6 = OVERALL: 21

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like