Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/9/15 - 3/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Camus

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Camus

Let's talk a bit about France's pro, Camus. Unfortunately the chapter 135 scan still isn't out yet, but here's what QP had to say about him:

Quote Quote:
    France's Camus is a creative tactician. With his entry, there will probably be a huge shift in how tennis is played around the world.
    What do you expect based on this, specifically the second part? What could Camus' playstyle be that would change how tennis is played throughout the world?

My initial thought was that he could be similar to Mizuki, so focus a lot on researching his opponents and specifically targeting their weak points.

Sai's idea was that he is basically a Counter Puncher who hinders his opponents and gets them to commit unforced errors (so kind of like a combination of the Defensive and Technical Counter Puncher types from one of the Pair Puris for those that still remember those).

I also talked to Frosty about this before, but I'll let him present his idea himself.

So does anyone agree with either one of these concepts or has other ideas?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ChinkyCandie's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Camus

Sounds like a strategist. Or an even better data tennis player than Mitsuya. I can see him being a threat to any of his opponents.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's the "creative" part that are interesting. Data player or Mizuki player is kind of nice, but they're there before and in Mitsuya have been playing for a long time. I wonder how creative the guy have to be to change the way that tennis is played worldwide.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Philia's Avatar
    Country
    Eyrie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he could be able grasp his opponents tennis very quickly like in 1-2 points or even just without seeing them play. Just watching how they walked to the court he can predict their movement.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking a bit more about this, and I guess two questions that came to my mind were:

1. Will Camus' style be something completely new? Or something we've already seen, but is just rare at the moment?
    2. In order to bring about a worldwide shift, wouldn't that mean that his style can be achieved through hard work? If it was some special ability exclusive to him and a few others, nobody else could pick up the skill after all.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Atobe the king's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe Camus will be like Gille Simon...feeding no pace shots at the players and causing them to make errors as well as frustrate them.
    When's Prince of Tennis Smash Hit 4

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ Sounds like Ochi's Mental Pressure.

@ Kaoz: The way you wrote that post sounds like Camus will be an almighty tennis god or something :P

I can see Byodoin getting frustrated with him and destroying him in the end though. I'm sure he'll eventually become a professional too. To be honest I can see Byodoin taking on the three Professionals (separately). They're probably going to challenge him the most. Tokugawa/Oni would have an exciting match but probbaly won't win.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I just wanted to add, I don't see Byodoin losing to tennis players who have only trained in 1-2 countries. Byodoin has travelled the world playing tennis. He has more skill than professional players who've only trained in a few countries. Unfortunately, he'll lose to Ryoma. Just because he's the villain in Ryoma's eyes -_-'

I'm not a huge fan of Byodoin but I can't deny his skill.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChinkyCandie View Post
    ^ Sounds like Ochi's Mental Pressure.

@ Kaoz: The way you wrote that post sounds like Camus will be an almighty tennis god or something :P

I can see Byodoin getting frustrated with him and destroying him in the end though. I'm sure he'll eventually become a professional too. To be honest I can see Byodoin taking on the three Professionals (separately). They're probably going to challenge him the most. Tokugawa/Oni would have an exciting match but probbaly won't win.

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

I just wanted to add, I don't see Byodoin losing to tennis players who have only trained in 1-2 countries. Byodoin has travelled the world playing tennis. He has more skill than professional players who've only trained in a few countries. Unfortunately, he'll lose to Ryoma. Just because he's the villain in Ryoma's eyes -_-'

I think there are a few players who can beat Byodoin. After all Japan is small fry in the grand scheme of things. Byodoin is really dam good but he has some glaring flaws. Like his lack of speed and power. I think guys like Volk can beat him. Volk is on the captain of the best team in the world and he handled POP Tezuka like nothing. Even POP Kintaro was able to ace Kijin Oni a few times but Volk wasn't even phased by POP Tezuka and beat him without breaking a sweat(literally).

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

We don't know much about Volk. I mean did he only train in Germany? Byodoin trained around the world. World > 1 country.

The HSs aren't at all phased by PoP. So Volk defeating PoP Tezuka doesn't mean much. MSs are excited about seeing others in PoP but HSs don't care. I mean Dudu wasn't phased by PoP Ryoma either.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted FrostyMouse's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Kaoz, it's been a while since we chatted. I have kind of forgotten what we said, so would you mind just posting it here?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

he'll lose to Ryoma. Just because he's the villain in Ryoma's eyes -_-'

And Oni's. And Irie's. And let's not forget Tokugawa. And those are people who open up that they have problem with it. Not everyone is fine enough to express their opinion to their superior, especially in Asian country. The fact that Byoudonin is 1. 3rd year HS 2. #1 HS JP representative probably both play a part. And MS are 3 years younger than Byoudonin.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Byodoin will defeat all his opponents except Ryoma even if Ryoma is 6 years younger. Simply because Ryoma is the protagonist and he sees Byodoin as the villain. Its kind of stupid even for Konomi to make a 3rd year high schooler who travels the world to be beaten by a 12 year old who has only been in two countries for tennis training.

World class-tennis (Byodoin) defeats Tokugawa who has been to Japan and France (that we know of). Byodoin's skills compared to everyone else makes him look like the tennis god only to be probably defeated by a 12 year old ...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Byodoin will defeat all his opponents except Ryoma even if Ryoma is 6 years younger. Simply because Ryoma is the protagonist and he sees Byodoin as the villain. Its kind of stupid even for Konomi to make a 3rd year high schooler who travels the world to be beaten by a 12 year old who has only been in two countries for tennis training.

World class-tennis (Byodoin) defeats Tokugawa who has been to Japan and France (that we know of). Byodoin's skills compared to everyone else makes him look like the tennis god only to be probably defeated by a 12 year old ...
    If Byodoin is a tennis god what the hell is Tokugawa who was whooping his ass in the 3rd set?
    Last edited by Demon Roronoa Zoro; February 03, 2015 at 02:57 AM.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as we know, he's only been to Japan and France. We don't know any other country he's trained in. If he trained in much more countries like Byodoin, he'd do a lot more than just whooping ass.

Since Tokugawa was in France in his 1st year high school it could be possible if Camus and Tokugawa knew each other. Maybe Camus was someone Tokugawa admired and wanted to be like him. Just a thought.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^I think you're overestimating the importance of world traveling a bit. When Oni and Byoudouin had their first match, Byoudouin had already been to at least America and India whereas Oni probably didn't even appear on the Japanese national stage, yet Oni won.

Tokugawa probably would've won against Byoudouin too, the reason why he didn't is that he protected Ryoma from the Destruction the night before. Tokugawa knowing Camus personally seems like an interesting train of thought, so far we've only really seen Oni's teachings in his playstyle though.

That said, Byoudouin is probably going to be the final boss and I fully expect him to beat at least one of the three pros along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyMouse View Post
    Kaoz, it's been a while since we chatted. I have kind of forgotten what we said, so would you mind just posting it here?
    Spoiler: Chat Log show

There you go.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast