Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best in Fairy Tail Awards.
Is Raki still Human or not?
use this thread to discuss/debate whether he's still human or not (as a Yoma: a Claymore, an Awakened, or something else non-human)
---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 AM ----------
I have a difficult time with assessing Raki being human or not:
(though as can be seen below, I do lean towards him still being a human being, and not a Yoma/Claymore/Awakened)
Pro-Human (he's NOT a Yoma/Claymore/Awakened/whatever; he's a Human still):
1. humans in the real world, when they're ripped/buff/strong like Raki, have veins bulging in their arms when clenching their hands. We've seen Rig also with bulgy veins in his face while under "stress", and we've seen the BCs with bulgy veins too.
2. he hasn't done anything that a human can't do, no super strength, no super speed, no super jumping (not that he could underground, lol), and etc.
3. all of his feats/perfomance has indeed been that of near perfection at swordsmanship and combat tactics, which as we know he was trained by one of the best, Isley. He was using basic physics of combat, he was just extremely skilled in combat tactics/knowledge/physics and swordsmanship, and was taught very good agility as well, lol.
4. No Yoki is being sensed from him, and it would be by at least the TATs, as they have to have good yoki sensing abilities, as they need it to be able to do the Soul Link in the first place. Raki would not be able to suppress his yoki well enough for them to not sense his yoki, and as a prisoner, he'd not have the yoki suppression pills
5. We know Claymores can drop to human levels and spar at those human levels: Ophelia vs none other than teen-child Raki, and Teresa as well, being able to kick little human Clare 3 times and not kill her. So, the TATs can be doing the same thing as Ophelia did to the younger Raki, so while his performance is extremely impressive, we shouldn't read too much into it. Also, the TATs as we seen, have extreme control over their Awakenings and their Awakened bodies, than Alicia+Beth did, so they could have toned down their attacks with their Awakened limbs upon him. Also, he could have received practice against tentacle attack from Priscilla too, as part of Isley's training.
6. the TATs WERE sparring/taking it easy on him
7. Raki had/stole the UNbreakable dulled training claymore sword from the Trainee, so it was just a matter of swordsmanship to defend against the TATs tentacle attacks, as the sword would not break from them, he just had to parry them, and the sword would do the rest (and with his swordsmanship, one is able to deflect the force of an attack, so it's quite possible for him to withstand the tentacle attacks even if they were powerful, which they likely weren't as the TATs were going easy on him).
8. if Raki was taking on the TATs at full power, than he'd be more powerful than Miria, as Miria herself said the TATs are superior to her (albiet they're using their Awakened forms, lol). That's just too lame a "magical power up", that's for DBZ or Bleach or Naruto, but not Claymore!
9. Raki is superior to the BCs and thus also humans, but is merely able to spar with a Claymore/Awakened, whereas he was not able to as a teen-child (against Ophelia, though she was upping her power level against him, lol)
10. We've seen other Humans doing "decently well" too against a SNY (Galk+Cid but with Clare's help), against a Claymore (Galk+Cid vs Clare), the Rabona soldiers against Agatha, the Rabona soldiers against the Yoma (AB+NY) Seige, and the bandit leader against Teresa.
11. Humans can kill NYs, from time to time, so Raki killing that NY wasn't too big a deal, though Raki's definately from skill/training superior to any other human. the BCs were able to kill Raftela, and Clare was going to hold the SNY's head, allowing the Rabona soldiers to impale it dead with their spears. Cid nearly killed Agatha, decapitating her... except it was her fake head, lol.
Anti-Human (he is a Yoma/Claymore/Awakened/whatever):
1. he did throw a BC across the room
2. his bulging veins on his arm, as in Claymore world, this is usually a sign of being Yoma/Claymore
3. his weird eyes
4. his agility and swordsmanship and combat tactics does seem a bit non-human, we don't see Cid/Galk even remotely close to Raki's abilities.
5. he was able to parry the TATs Awakened limb attacks in that he wasn't knocked over or knocked flying backwards
6. he was doing very well sparring against Claymores/Awakeneds (the TATs) who are more powerful than Miria herself, according to Miria's own words.
7. He did have Priscilla's arm and two small projectiles in him, and he was an Org prisconer who (Dae) could have ALSO changed him, not to mention while being with Isley and Priscilla, as they could have done soemthing to him as well.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 06, 2011 at 05:43 PM.
I find myself in HK's predicament as well. The current chapter has raised some eyebrows in regards to our Hero's (not heroine in this chapter) physical abilities. Admittingly Yagi has not given us any "explicit or empirical" evidence that Raki has become part Yoma. However, solely based on how Yagi has drawn him in Chapter 115, I do believe he has become a "Claymore."
First, his eyes appear eerily similar to not only Miria's eyes but also to those of the Twins as well. Second, Raki moves like a Warrior. He's fast enough to evade the Twins' attacks and can jump to great heights and to great distances. A human cannot somersault over another person. Yagi cleared the twin by easily twice her height. Third, he has the strength to easily handle the claymore one handed, which we know is a two handed weapon. Even the strongest person could not adeptly handle a claymore with only one hand. Fourth, Yagi drew Raki's arm with bulging veins. We know that when Warriors draw on their yoki powers, their veins bulges and become highly visible, if not tangible. Lastly, one of the twins said that he had an "aura" about him.
P.S. He is also sporting Helen's sarcastic/cruel smile. That should seal the deal!
someone, on another site, mentioned that Raki really looks like Isley incarnate, Raki has really started to look like Isley, and it's very possible that Raki's personality and whatever else, mirrors Isley, back when Isley was a Human/Claymore, so in Raki it's like we're seeing Isley before he became an AO.
so, what do you think about this? is Raki "Isley Reborn" ???
(p.s. Miria looks like Isley too... so Raki = Isley = Miria in appearances)
while this is obviously a joke for Claymore, it is something to think about:
is it possible that Isley is like Orochimaru, in that he can "transfer/possess/imprint" himself onto Raki, like Orochimaru did onto Sasuke and then Kabuto ???
it's possible, that Isley could have a Yoki Ability to do this, though as I said, it's extremely unlikely, and thus this is a joke, but still it merits to be mentioned about, hehe.
I think there's a big problem for those who think Raki is not human, which I just thought of/realized:
Raki's performance against the NY was similar to his against the TATs
the problem is that, there's no way the TATs are as weak as a NY, especially when they can kill the AFs (albiet the AFs are weak due to not having enough time/experience to be at AO level yet), but, even as weak as the AFs are, they're still far superior to a NY.
Thus, the TATs MUST have been taking it extremely easy on Raki, compared to their full ability/power, they were truly SPARRING with Raki. And we know this is quite possible, as the powerful rank 4 Ophelia herself was indeed able to drop her power way way way way down to not jsut an adult human's level, but a teen-child human's level, and none other than Raki himself too !!! So as amazing as Raki seemed against the TATs, he was jsut as amazing against the NY, which means that in actuality, he's really not performing as spectacularly as we might think from seeing him against the TATs.
but still, the support for Raki not being human, is very daunting, I'm still unable to conclude whether he's Human or not, though as can be seen, I'm still leaning towards Raki being Human.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 07, 2011 at 04:41 AM.
Well, I think that he's no longer fully human but not because of his fighting performance. We can't really gauge if his abilities are beyond that of a human because well 1-this is manga (non motion picture medium) 2-we don't know just how easy on him the twins went and 3-we don't know what are the limits of a human being in claymoreverse.
No, the reason why I think Raki is no longer human is because of the way his wounds healed. No normal human being can sustain those wounds and recover in such short time.
Dae could have healed Raki up, after removing Priscilla's arm and the small Projctiles from him. he'd certainly have some fascination with this human/non-human... with all of the circumstances surrounding Raki... they need to keep Raki alive to interrogate him, about how he got this uber powerful arm impaled fully into his back and who the arm belongs to as well, lol.
so, unfortunately Raki's recovery isn't conclusive either way, to whether he's still human or no longer human.
I think we do know that the TATs were going very easy on Raki:
Raki performed equally in ability against the TATs as he did against the NY.
there's two possiblities from this:
1. Raki is superior to both the NY and the TATs, allowing him the same performance against both of them (NY and the TATs).
the problem: this means that Raki is more powerful than Miria, who's close to being a rank 1 Claymore in power. while that might be fine as a power up for DBZ, Bleach, and Naruto, it's not fine for Claymore, even from Priscilla, Isley, or the Destroyer. As look at Clare, she has Teresa herself, and yet Clare isn't godly powerful, so Raki certainly wouldn't be either.
2. the TATs greatly lowered their power level to fight against Raki at the level of a NY.
The reason: otherwise that would mean that the TATs are as powerful as a NY, which they clearly are FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR more powerful than a NY, lol - need this be even said?, lol.
you voted for "other (non-human)", so what do you think Raki is, could you describe what you think he is?
if I had to guess:
from reading your post you seem to think he's like a "superhuman", somewhere between a human and a Yoma/Claymore/Awakened/whatever
(I should have included this "superhuman" as a choice, but meh)
is this a correct assessment/understanding/guess by me or not, as to what you think Raki is?
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 07, 2011 at 05:32 PM.
I still think that Raki his human but with the seven years of training with Isley he has pushed his human limit to the max which has mde him almost non-human like. does that make sense?
Leroid mentioned in his post that we don't know the limitations of humans in this world but I think that he has been handling Claymore swords at his young age and for seven years he has trained with such an heavy weapon, his natural strength and speed has gone up due to the resistance such an heavy object will cause.
Maybe him surpassing his human limits makes him something different or advanced of a human but unless there is a name for it I'll stick with "human"
just a quick comment about my opinion on the swords:
Rabona has "broadswords" which in shape and size, look identical to the Claymores' "claymore" swords.
Galk and Raki both use Rabona's "broadswords", ch 115 is the first time in the manga that Raki has been wielding a Claymore's "claymore" sword (though a training one, with a dulled edge, lol), as opposed to carrying it or carrying it within a statue, for Clare, lol.
Also, there's not really any indications that the Claymores' "claymore" swords are any heavier due to the metal/material they are made out of having a higher density than the metal/material used for the Rabona "broadswords". And, for all we know, the metal/material of the Claymores' "claymore" swords could actually be less dense, making their swords actually lighter than the Rabona "broadswords".
the differences are:
1. the Claymores' "claymore" swords are indestructable/unbreakable (the ONLY time we ever saw a "claymore" sword break was in that strange dream-mind-illusion-genjutsu battle between Clare and "Rafaela"), whereas the Rabona "broadswords" have been seen breaking or being broken quite a few times.
2. Claymores have beyond human strength, and thus they can wield two handed swords (greatswords, like their own "claymore" swords or the Rabona "broadswords") with only one hand, whereas Humans have to use two hands.
-Though, I think this isn't accurate, as I seem to be recalling that Galk could swing his two handed (greatsword) Rabona "broadsword" with one hand. meh...
anyways, my point of commenting on this is that I am not sure if we can use sword wielding to conclude either way, whether Raki is still human or if he is now no longer human.
-Well, it's too messy/confusing for me to do so anyways, lol.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 07, 2011 at 09:06 PM.
I agree with HegemonKhan and as I said in my point earlier if you continue to wield a sword, or anything heavy for that matter, continually you will become stronger and eventually strong enough to be able to use like it is a normal weighted sword.
Until it is stated that he is not human or half human I'll assume he is an expetionally skilled human.
I've vote for Other beacouse I' think that in his body there are a part of:
- Fusion raffaella Luisella
Certainly he is not human anymore.
And it was training claymore, not real one ! Which one even not full transformed Clare was able to carry one as little 14 years old girl. And as Keino wrote, Raki carried full claymore sword once with stone ballast, and He practiced 7 years with heavy other one so it was really no problem to Him to use TRAINING CLAYMORE SWORD !
Have a good day
PS. And to answers for poll: I voted other: Raki is half-human, half-claymore but yet without abilities that Yoki provides. He due extensive training gained physical boost to human abilities, but I think it was caused by being contaminated with: first Clares blood, second Destroyer piles, third Priscillas arm.
Last edited by colonywars; June 08, 2011 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Poll vote
err, I seemed to have missed a few choices in the poll, lol. well, at least I have the Other choice for you guys/girls. Sorry, for not thinking about the choices you've described in your posts.
I did try to think of all the possible things I could, but obviously I missed quite a few.
(P.S. where's all the people who think Raki is a "DOD", Descendent of a Dragon, a Dragon? hehe)
and thanks colony wars for the documentation about the swords, I just wanted to briefly adress them as to repsond to them as a possible factor in whether Raki is human or not, to the other member's post. I somewhat remembered those links' discussions, but didn't want to get into that level of detail here.
-maybe I'm mistaken, but aren't we all agreeing about the swords? that being able to wield them doesn't make one non-human ??
the Humans in Rabona should be superhuman from being around the SNY (hiding as a corpse), and then there's Agatha who was in Rabona who knows how long (or not long), and lastly there's Galatea herself too.
the BCs more than anyone should be uber powerful, as no one is around more Yoma/Claymore than the BCs, hehe.
human Clare should have been super human, as she was with Teresa herself for quite a bit of time!
etc etc etc
If Raki's "Radiated" than EVERYONE is "Radiated", thus this argument fails as clearly everyone is NOT "Radiated".
thus this argument point has zero validity, as is based on all of this, in my understanding and common sense.
Last edited by HegemonKhan; June 08, 2011 at 04:18 PM.
One of the reasons I don't think Raki is human is because if this:
So either MiB aren't humans or he's not human. I think that Priscilla's arm and Destroyer's rod enhanced his abilities a bit at least. Otherwise his stunt wouldn't make sense IMO. I'm sure though he's not a Claymore (MiB wouldn't make him one for various of reasons).Originally Posted by gernot's translation
I'm thinking he's still human. He hasn't really shown anything that would make him not human - he didn't really own the twins any better than that Yoma he fought with Priscilla (they did hold back). They said as long as his opponent is human, he'll defeat them - to me that indicates he's still human. He may have gotten a small and most likely temporary boost from Priscilla's Yoki but I think that's it at most.