Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/25/15 - 5/31/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
- Urushibara, Yuki
- Fantasy, Historical
- Plot Summary: The “Mushi” is neither a plant nor an animal; also, it isn’t a microbe or fungus. It is more like primitive life forms. Their figures and existence are very vague. We don’t notice their existence until we meet Mushi and they’ll show us mysterious phenomena. They do not exist to scare others; they just exist there as they are. (source: ANN)
- Why I Recommend It: When you think of great manga this should be one of the few that come to mind. Everything about this work of art is marvelous from; art, plot and character development which I guarantee will not disappoint.
- Obaka-chan, Koigatariki
- Sato, Zakuri
- Romance, School
- Plot Summary: Since childhood, Neiro has been known for being good at fighting, making people fear her and giving her the title of Kansai's strongest woman. Wanting to find romance, she decides to transfer to a highschool in Kantou. Instead, what faced her was a specially assembled class of delinquents. (source: MAL)
- Why I Recommend It: A cute story with lots of comedic scenes that will grow on the reader. Neiro, the main character is one of few characters I've felt compelled to cheer on as she faced the many obstacles on her path.
- Takahashi, Tsutomu
- Action, Drama, Historical, Samurai
- Plot summary: During the political upheavals and social strife at the end of the Tokugawa Shogunate in Japan (1855), two parent-less brothers Yukimura Shoutarou and Yukimura Gentarou struggles to survive in these turbulent times. With their only possession being their deceased father's sword and clinging onto the wisdom of their mother's final words, the brothers seek to embark on the Path of the Warrior: Sidooh (source: MAL)
- Why I Recommend It: The Characters are the main reason I fell in love with this manga especially the two protagonists as they progress in a world where life and death situations are a daily occurrence. This manga isn’t for those who aren’t ready to see limbs, blood, and heads flying all over the place or rape happening very often.
- Higashimura, Akiko
- Comedy, Gender Bender
- Plot Summary: The story centers around Tsukimi Kurashita, a huge fan of jellyfish (kurage, a wordplay on the "kura/mi" and "tsuki/ge" in her name) and a girl who moves to Tokyo to become an illustrator. She moves into "Amamizukan," an apartment complex that is full of fujoshi (diehard female otaku) with a no-men-allowed rule. However, one day, Tsukimi invites a stylishly fashionable woman to stay at her room at Amamizukan — only to discover that the guest is not who "she" seems to be. (source: ANN)
- Why I Recommend It: A truly beautiful story with unique characters that go about their lives in a comical way. Tthis manga will take you on a roller coaster of emotions that you won’t see coming.
- Demons, Mystery, Fantasy, Horror, Supernatural
- Plot Summary: Mononoke is a spin-off of the Bakeneko story arc of Ayakashi - Japanese Classic Horror. It follows the Medicine Seller as he deals with various spirits or "Mononoke" in feudal Japan. Just like in the Bakeneko story, he combats with a series of tools and his vast knowledge of the supernatural on his side, but can only slay the Mononoke when he uncovers its form (Katachi), the truth behind its appearance (Makoto) and the reason for its unusual behavior (Kotowari). (Source: MAL)
- Why I Recommend It: One of my all-time favorite anime that caught me by total surprise. At first I was taken aback by how different the artwork looked but I grew to appreciate it and eventually see how magnificent it truly was. Kusuriuri the "simple medicine seller" is a total bad ass when battling spirits.
- Toei Animation
- 12 Episodes
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Romance, School, Shoujo
- Plot Summary: Kuronuma Sawako is completely misunderstood by her classmates. Her timid and sweet demeanor is often mistaken for malicious behavior. This is due to her resemblance to the ghost girl from "The Ring", which has led her peers to give her the nickname Sadako. Longing to make friends and live a normal life, she is naturally drawn to Kazehaya Shouta, the most popular guy in class, whose "100% refreshing" personality earns him great admiration from Sawako. So when Kazehaya starts talking to her, maybe there is hope for the friendships Sawako has always longed for. Maybe...there is even a little hope for some romance in her future. (Source: MAL)
- Why I Recommend It: It is what every shoujo manga/anime should strive to be. Sawako makes you fall for her without really realizing it. A journey in which we see the main character illuminate the lives of those around her and on the way illuminate herself.
- Production I.G
- 25 Episodes
- Samurai Champloo
- Adventure, Comedy, Samurai, Shounen
- Plot Summary: Mugen is a fierce animal-like warrior with a unique Bboying (break-dance) inspired fighting style. Jin has a more traditional style but don’t think of this as a weakness because his skills are amazing. The two contrasting samurai warriors are far from friends, yet their separate paths seem to cross anyways. Mugen is wandering aimlessly through the city when he stumbles upon a teahouse where he meets Jin and Fuu (A ditzy waitress, but don‘t think she doesn‘t have anything hidden up her sleeves). Fuu convinces them both to come with her in search of a mysterious samurai that smells like sunflowers and their journey begins. This modernized hip-hop tale breaks the barriers of the common, historical, samurai anime. (Source: ANN)
- Why I Recommend It: A samurai anime that mixes hip-hop, graffiti, and vibrant colors all into something extraordinary. Of course the fight scenes and interaction of characters are always enticing.
- Manglobe, FUNimation EntertainmentL, Fuji TV
- 26 Episodes
- Mystery, Romance, Supernatural
- Plot Summary: The story centers on Koyomi Araragi, a third year high school student who has recently survived a vampire attack, and finds himself mixed up with all kinds of apparitions: gods, ghosts, myths, and spirits. (Source: MAL)
- Why I Recommend It: A true masterpiece that deserves the hype it gets. Everything about it especially the attention to detail and dialog between characters makes it stand out amongst other anime.
- Aniplex, Shaft
- 15 Episodes
- Personal Taste
- Country : Korea
- Episodes : 16
- Broadcast Period : Mar 31 2010 to May 20 2010
- Broadcast Network : MBC
- Series Description: Personal Taste is a drama, which is based on a novel "Gaeinui Chwihyang" by Lee Sae In. The story is about a man pretending to be homosexual in order to become roommates with a woman who wants to live with a gay male friend. Jeon Jin Ho (Lee Min Ho) is a straight guy who pretends to be gay in order to become a roommate to his female friend, Park Kae In (Son Ye Jin). His hobbies include organization and ironing, and he’s known for his stoic poker face.
- Why I Recommend It: Simply because I’ve never laughed so much while watching a drama before. It was refreshing to see a plot that was like nothing I have seen before and didn’t fit the cookie-cutter dramas mold. The cast did an amazing job portraying the characters they were to the point where I felt great anger towards the antagonist and found myself cheering for the protagonist of the drama.
I concuredly recommend Mushishi and Samurai Champloo, they're both awesome!
But, I've only seen some episodes of Mushishi on TV and of these I've seen, they all seen to be a bit random, miscellenous, and individual as episodes... with no main plot connecting them.
does a main plot develop in it or no ??