Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
New Reply

Thread: Toriko Wikia

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zangetsukakashi's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

Toriko Wikia

Sups to ya all food gobblers....

Just made this thread for posting major updates regarding the wiki, and for anyone having any question for us to ask here. We may post polls or questions to get feedback about some decisions we may do.

Thanks

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Toriko Wikia

New thread? Good idea for a Toriki Wikia.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member zangetsukakashi's Avatar
    Country
    Egypt
    Post Thanks / Like

cause we always post stuff about the wiki in the weirdest places (hangout thread, etc...), so i thought 'why not just 1 thread about it?'.

i guess the first thing i wanted to say was, that after discussions, months after months of confusion, we decided we'll use Viz's names in the wiki.

- Most people who read online know that there's Viz, and there are fan-translations, while probably not all who get the english volumes, are subscribed to the digital mag online, or watch the english dubs know of the fan-translation's translations. Thus it wouldn't matter much to those of us who read the scanlations online, but would be very confusing for the other guys.

Of course, that doesn't mean in any way or form that i'm disrespecting or ignoring Hiwamatanoboru's work here, and we are really thankful for everything they did and do... and we still use their scanlations with almost all of our pictures, so again, sorry, Hiwamata... we just had to take that decision.

We finally finalized the decision, but I still wanted to hear u all's opinion of it. Which aspects in Viz do u see bad, and which do u see good, and why?
    oh and btw, that means we'll need a lotta help to correct the names on wikia, so if anyone's interested, pls help :)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Brunch's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Take into account that some japanese romanized names have an exact translation in english, like Dores/Doresu -> Dress
    “Never forget that you have a family in your life” ~Froese

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Forgotten Beast's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been adding more references around the wiki, although the numbers are starting to tick me off, but it should be more informative. Anyway, anyone care to judge this article of the Toriko's planet I've written: http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Earth

---------- Post added at 04:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotten Beast View Post
    I've been adding more references around the wiki, although the numbers are starting to tick me off, but it should be more informative. Anyway, anyone care to judge this article of the Toriko's planet I've written: http://toriko.wikia.com/wiki/Earth
    Anybody?
    Last edited by Forgotten Beast; April 12, 2015 at 02:01 PM.
    Neutraility is the first step to achieving compromise, compromise is the essence of diplomacy, and diplomacy is the cornerstone of love... Sweet love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyj8uKiSX6E

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member nyamonyamo's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

info looks good, theres some stuff that i miss while reading the manga and its there. Feels like i gotta re read it to pick up certain clues. Nice work. Altho i prefer kewl's trans since i'm used to it and he sticks with the jap meaning, sometimes viz came out with pretty nice term for english. (eg chow lin temple lol)

New Reply