Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Commander In Chief Kong: What Is He Worth ?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The Red Dog's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Commander In Chief Kong: What Is He Worth ?

Bonsoir/Hello/Buenos dias

I guess it's a bit bothering to discusse about a matter with such undisclosed details surrounded him but I'd like to have your opinion guys,after all some predictions made by the fans were proved true

To summons things up,that man is the true supreme commander of the Marine,above the Fleet Admiral and only second to the Gorosei,physicaly he looks tough(scar&Muscles) and very tall

The marine is one of OP's main antagonists,thus its ruler ought to be as strong as a yonku(in my opinion) and I'm always curious about a character above Akainu's rank I was'nt disappointed with Sengoku the Buddha with his Mythical Zoan DF Ability though there were'nt any true opportunities to gauge his power,as happy as I am about Sakazuki's promotion,I sincerely hope that he comes back one way or another

so,as an opponent what do you think is this guy Worth ? is he King Kong or the king of his desk ? lol ^^

any DF suggestion for him too pls!

Many Thanks for reading!
    Zettai-Teki Seigi/Absolute Justice

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Oni Giri's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Commander In Chief Kong:What Is He Worth ?

surely he isn't an office boy. he was the fleet admiral before sengoku and if old age didn't wear him down like whitebeard, he may be one of the strongest people out there. as for his df first thing came to my mind was mythical zoan king kong but it'd be lame. what would his bonus as a mythical zoan? climbing towers? nah i dont think so. but he seems like a melee figther so i believe zoan would suit him or maybe like garp he doesn't have any df

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I would disagree on him not being an office guy. Certainly at some point he was indeed a man of the field however at the moment, as the leader of all the military assets of the world government he is without a shred of a doubt a man belonging behind a desk, he is by all intents and purposes solely a decision maker. He was not even at the war.... This is not to say he is not in the same league as garp or sengoku as this guy would likely be from the same generation as those two (perhaps he is older but I would still think he is from the same generation). Kong at his prime was in all likelyhood a beast and considering he was fleet admiral at rogers time it is very likely he had his own little fights with whitebeard and roger.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i agree, this guy most definitely kicked some ass back in his day. The scars pretty much proove this. But what i disagree with is your mention of a Zoen type: king kong. That type a animal DF would be a beast ability to have. Not only would it increase his overall power, but it would also give him the ability to be faster and also fight in any type of environment. Could you imagine fighting this guy in a forest? you wouldn't stand a chance. And also he would be able to punch you with his feet. it's like have four arms. I for one hope that's exactly the type of DF he has. lol

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

since he was the previous fleet admiral,and now he is above sengoku,who seats at the top of the Marine,and since he was called Mega-admiral,I guess he is like the Minister of Defence,that is the representetive of the Marine among the World Government

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member bisha16's Avatar
    Country
    Albania
    Post Thanks / Like

He sure has some real awsome powers since he was a fleet admiral in rogers and has some scares that show us that he was e real beast in his prime but now he is too old to fight thats why he didnt participate in the war but only gave orders.and i hope his DF is not a zoen type it would make him to lame.the only awsome zoen type DF was markos fenix

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ledoke's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't imagine Kong having any other Devil Fruit than a Gorilla zoan(it's probably because he already looks like he partially transformed into a gorilla XD), after his introduction I immediately imagined him bitch slapping hight tier pirates one after another stopping for a few times to perform an epic chest-beating + roar combo xD

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback guys

@ Oni Giri/Demon Slash:King Kong DF ?! ,I was sure it would be proposed lol it'd lame as hell,Whitebeard's age and health issues did'nt prevent him from Kicking asses ^^ so Far Oda taught us that in the OP universe,experience prevails over the rest,so Kong definitly should'nt be underrated because of his age,Rayleigh,Garp despite their advanced age are among the strongest characters....

@ kkck:Same reasons I gave to demon slash above ^^ the likely explaination for his absence at the war is that he could'nt leave Mariejoie defenseless...

@ tret16o you opt for a zoan type ? basically it's safe to think that he posseses superhuman strenght/speed in the first place,a zoan could add further more physical strenght and agility...A logia would be more useful,A mythical zoan more awesome lol it's not like he had any choice lol he could have ended up the with rabbit fruit ^^

@ mattiaildivino:he was called Pan Fleet Admiral...which was a bad translation ^^ Kong's true rank is Zengun Sōsui,Commander In Chief

@ bisha16:as I stated the fact that he's an oldtimer serves him well

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member tret16's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

i would imagine that a King Kong zoen fruit would be a mythical one. And that's exactly my point on his orinal strength. He would already be strong as hell and fast as can be. Add in the King Kong abilities and we will see why he would be in the position that he was in back in rogers age and why he is even higher rank now and STILL in that position. We both saw how strong Sengoku is, and we haven't even seen Sengoku's true strength but yet even he couldn't last long enough to take over Kongs position. That must say a lot about him. And also i can't see any other reason why Oda would use the name Kong if he wasn't hinting on what type of fighter and DF user he was.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Sakazuki's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

In another forum, in another site, some guy have predicted that X Drake was Kong son because of his hair (it’s identical if you see Drake in the 2 years after time skip Supernovas). Another Marine related to a Supernova that wants the attention of one of the yonkous?

All admiral marines have an Devil Frit ability, and I would like to see him with a Mythical Zoa too, like a Dragon (what would relate him even more with Drake)
    "If you're a man, do things with a DON."

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner MMolch's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

i guess there won't be a "king kong" devil fruit (what would be next? godzilla? )
    if he really has a zoan df -> mythical zoan type: sun wukong (monkey king)

but i cannot imagine him being part of a fight anymore ... maybe he stepped back like sengoku and garp, he will be quite old now ..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hoeru's Avatar
    Country
    Mauritius
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Kong is still an extremely strong guy if he tolerated Aokiji and Akainu fight for the position of the Fleet Admiral.

But I can't imagine to see him in a fight outside of a flashback showing him in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by bisha16 View Post
    the only awsome zoen type DF was markos fenix
    I was actually disappointed by the phoenix abilities. Marco's able to fly and regenerate though blue fire - but beyond this there was no fighting capabilities. the giant golden buddha punching luffy out of gear 3 balloon was more awesome imo.

As for kong's possible df... i'd say a mythic zoan gorilla type would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakazuki View Post
    In another forum, in another site, some guy have predicted that X Drake was Kong son because of his hair (it’s identical if you see Drake in the 2 years after time skip Supernovas).
    Yeah, but Luffy's hair never looked like that of neither Dragon nor Garp. So they aren't related?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hoeru View Post
    Yeah, but Luffy's hair never looked like that of neither Dragon nor Garp. So they aren't related?
    It's no rule. Some children may have similar facial characteristics and some don't need to have. He never claimed that fathers and sons have the same hair. Although, if Luffy cut his hair more, it would look exactly like Garp's, and if he let it grow, it could turn out to be just like Dragon's.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kong probably has a normal zoan... Gorilla type...

That doesn't mean he can't be beasty with it...

besides the devil fruits already make you into a giant version of the animal you gain... Gorrilas are king of the jungle... They can uproot medium size trees with their body strength and that's real world badassery... now add that to Oda on a man second only to Goresei.. we can expect destruction from him...
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I did'nt expect that so much of you would stick with that King Kong DF theory lol ^^

I don't believe that Oda named him after king kong but I believe Kong is a chinese name,Confucius literaly "Master Kong"....I guess we should dig up that way.....

BTW Happy new year

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast