Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/25/15 - 5/31/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Starting Wednesday, October 30, Crunchyroll will begin digital distribution of twelve (12) Kodansha manga titles via a new service called "Crunchyroll Manga", including Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, and Space Brothers, offering content to 170 counties, including the USA and UK, on the same day as release in Japan.
All simulpub chapters will be available to both free and paid users. Free users will only be able to read the latest chapters with ads until the next chapter is simulpubbed. Paid users will have access to all manga including catalog titles.
- “Attack on Titan” by Hajime Isayama
- “Fairy Tail” by Hiro Mashima + March (2014) Special Chapters
- “Space Brothers” by Chuya Koyama
- UQ Holder!” by Ken Akamatsu
- “Mysterious Girlfriend X” by Riichi Ueshiba
- “A Town Where You Live” by Kouji Seo
- “Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches” by Miki Yoshikawa
- “As the Gods Will - The Second Series” by Muneyuki Kaneshiro (story) & Akeji Fujimura (art)
- “My Wife is Wagatsuma-san” by Yuu Kuraishi (story) & Keishi Nishikida (art)
- “Fort of Apocalypse” by Yuu Kuraishi (story) and Kazu Inabe (art)
- “COPPELION” by Tomonori Inoue
- “The Seven Deadly Sins” by Nakaba Suzuki
- Love Theory (Love Riron) by Masaki Satou (art) and Keiya Mizuno (story)
- Silver Nina (Shirogane no Nina) by Itokatsu
- Inside Mari (Boku wa Mari no Naka) by Shuzu Oshimi
- Soredemo Machi Wa Mawatteiru by Masakazu Ishiguro
- Orange by Ichigo Takano
- Star Light Woman by Rie Kanou
- Is This Girl For Real by Tsutomu Mutsuki
- Okitenemuru by Renda Hitori
- King's Game: Origin by Nobuaki Kanazawa and J-Ta Yamada
- ReCollection by Ichigo Takano
- Action Mask by Dat Nishiwaki
- Apreggio of Blue Steel by Ark Performance
- Spirit Circle by Satoshi Mizukami
- Sun-Ken Rock by Boichi
- Shindo by Sasou Akira
- Buffalo 5 Girls by Moyoco Anno
- Memoirs of Amorous Gentlemen by Moyoco Anno
- The Diary of Ochibi-san by Moyoco Anno
- Investor Z by Norifusa Mita
- Ajin : Demi-Human by Gamon Sakurai
- A Silent Voice -Koe no Katachi by Yoshitoki Oima
- The Heroic Legend of Arslan by Yoshiki Tanaka (story) & Hiromu Arakawa (art)
- Fuuka! by Kouji Seo
- The Tenth Prism by Masahito Soda & Kanaka Mizuki
- Present for Me by Masakazu Ishiguro
- Crayon Shin-chan by Usui Yoshito
- Barom One by Takao Saito (golgo 13)
- Doll: The Hotel Detective! by Takao Saito
- The Shadowman! by Takao Saito
- GTO Paradise Lost by Toru Fujisawa
- Murder Incarnation by Sugawara Keita and Inamitsu Shinji (Art)
- Girl May Kill by Itakura Azusa
- Joshi Kausei by Wakai Ken
- Chronos Haze by Takano Masayuki
- Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou (Kawai Complex)! by Miyahara Ruri
- The Legend of Onikirimaru by Kei Kusunoki!
- Watashi ga Motete Dousunda by Junko
- Maga-Tsuki by Hoshino Taguchi!
Seems like a good move! I wonder why Viz Media and Shuiesha can't do the same for Weekly Shonen Jump and other imprints of affiliated manga.
Last edited by SharkBait; November 26, 2014 at 10:30 PM. Reason: 11.26 update
Among 170 countries Brazil must be there, I guess.
Waiting for more informations, like cost. If it have in Brazil, I really would like to pay for this.
With these titles it is already "must subscribe".
I don't know if all of them will be there, but at least some of them will be.
Cheering for Brazil of course, but good luck for everyone. XD
Looks like Japan, China, France, Germany, and Italy aren't in the list.
Shit, if I can get a thing for this along with Crunchyroll's anime service in one then I honestly might start considering paying for Crunchyroll.
I wish it had included at least one sports title, Area no Kishi, Oofuri, ace of diamond...Since its not really targeting print, what would they have to lose?
You will not be able to keep the manga online so this a little bad
Mayhe he wants an option to be able to buy the individual volumes digitally, which would be nice. I guess we just have to wait until Wednesday for more details.
I kinda liked this since if this works out well and I think with this many countries it will; this maybe the gateway for the other magazines to follow suit and although it may end fansub tradition it might at least give managaka's more of a cushion to create and publish. Moreover we will also have more of a say in the industry even thou most of us are outside of japan. No1 will want to cancel something if it makes money..... (this last part will probably take some time.)