So I am apparently not as world-weary (*forum-weary) as I thought I was.
Anyway, these threads are "about me"'s? Well here goes:
0) BTW, I'm an MH for the One Piece. It's the BEST SECTION EVER! And it's not just my bias speaking.
1) Manga. Got into it in middle school via US's Shonen Jump, slowly branched out. I really don't have a preference, I like all types as long as they're good writing or AWESOMELY EPIC (and vice versa). Favorites include Death Note and Bakuman from the non-mainstream, Eyeshield 21 from sports, Naruto and Bleach for good old action, One Piece for the adventure, and last but not least Detective Conan -- which I actually started off watching the anime as a kid that my dad brought from Taiwan.
2) American Comics! I like them too, and compare the two a lot. Mostly a DC fan, but you can quiz me anything and everything about X-Men too -- if I fail either a DCU or X-Men question I will be ashamed. Deeply. Favorite writer is Gail Simone, hands down. I recommend you check out her Secret Six run and Birds of Prey. Favorite series is DC's 52, which was a team-up of FOUR of the company's best/most famous writers at the time -- imagine if Kishi, Oda, and Kubo teamed up to do a series. Yeah, it was sort of like that.
Oh, it's getting too long? Okay just a bit more on this, I promise. Favorite characters...well it changes a lot but my favorite at the moment are King Shark and Misfit. The latter is a girl who dresses up in homemade costumes and runs around shouting "Daaaaarrrkk Vengeeeaaanncee" as her battle cry. Kid cracks me up every time.
3) Hmm...Real life. Well, let's see. I'm a sophomore in college, double majoring in Mechanical Engineering and Biomedical Engineering at Carnegie Mellon in Pittsburgh. Considering whether to add a CS minor. Trying to get a part-time job, hoping for an internship next summer.
4) I like watching AWESOME movies. It can be any genre (even horror!) as long as it's AWESOME. It has to be in all caps, that's important.
5) I used to swim. Don't do it anymore, I'd probably die from atrophy if I tried it now. I like archery (no chance to do it now unfortunately), and biking. Used to be in the Boy Scouts (Eagle!) where I got a chance to do all of that, plus hiking, rapelling, everything except spelunking (well, there were a few caves, but they were hardly hardcore ones).
6) Ooh I just thought of this! Community! Favorite mod is *drumroll please* Uriel!!! Cause he's AWESOME!!!
That's it for now, folks!
P.S. Philly Cheesecake = the logical conclusion-fusion to two of my favorite things, Philly Cheese Steak and Cheesecake.
Last edited by Aikidoka; November 04, 2011 at 02:28 AM.
Do you do drugs?
There's no drugs like the natural kind I always say. Sleep Deprivation, Chocolate Chip Cookies, or Triscuits. Hummus optional.
(But no I don't.)
Do you like PA?
Do I ever! Can't beat Cali though. But we do get a lot of famous people passing through. I haven't been lucky enough to meet any of them yet. Someday...
(Also c_k and vintage are disappointed in your sudden disappearance from chat. I believe the exact wording was "what a butt")
what might your favorite tv series be? if you watch any that is ^_^;
Not a lot. I watch House on occasion and that new Spielberg show, Terra Nova looks good so I'm trying to get into that. But shows I watch regularly would be South Park and Young Justice. The latter's a Cartoon Network show based on DC Comics's teenage hero teams, and the story always surprises me with how good and coherent it is (unlike some of the comics, sadly). I'd recommend to anyone with too much spare time to check that out.
Actually I guess I mostly watch comedy shows. Tosh.0, Colbert Report, the Daily Show...and, a bit embarrassing, I am a fan of the show The OC (Orange County). Some girls from my floor last year had the DVDs for the first Season and I got hooked. Still haven't had a chance to finish it though.