Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/22/15 - 6/28/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
New Reply
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Who is stronger than Luffy?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member David Rose's Avatar
    Too far from sea to swim. Still inconsistent weather
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than Luffy?

I actually think that the 50% are some good value. Since Luffy always gets a huge power up during importan fights and he still got a lot fighting to do, before even facing the first Yonkou, his current strengh would still be huge, but leave a comfortable place for improvement.

Quote Quote:
    But I still think that Rubber + Pure Strenght is the key to deliver the strongest fists here.
    I really like that concept of Devil Fruits. It shows the power balance throughout the storyline. At first Logias are the most powerful fruits in any possible case. Now, further into the story the balance shifts.
    In the end i would bet on parameica fruits, that alter your physical attacks, to be the strongest. Excluding Earthquakes in this matter, Luffy, Bellamy, even Miss Doublefinger have some pretty potent abilities. In a 1v1 match-up everything that boosts your raw physical strengh counts most, if you have a strong Haki.

Zoans are pretty good to, but i would rather consider them midclass, since they do increase your power, but not in an unnatural way like parameicas do. The possible multiplier is not that high in my opinion.

>>David rose to beat the Philistines, with five smooth stones and a sling.<<

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

Quote Originally Posted by Jirachier View Post
    Characters who are still stronger than Luffy: the admirals, the emperors, the emperors's lieutenants, garp, mihawk, rayleigh, marco, kong, sengoku, dragon.

I also do not think that the other supernovas are on par with Luffy, even before the timeskip Luffy was already stronger than all of them and the only reason why Kidd
    had a slightly higher bounty than him was because he was hurting civilians, and while they were splitting their time between training and exploring the new world
    luffy was focusing all of his attention on training so the obvious conclusion is that luffy is stronger than the supernovas by quite a margin, not that they are weak.
    The same thing is valid for Smoker, he was only beating Luffy because the later was unable to land a hit on his logia body, but now not only did he gain the ability
    to hit logia users he also improved his devil fruits powers and gained haki of observation, luffy is definitely stronger than Smoker.
    Lucci and Luffy were almost on par before the timeskip but now it's clear that Luffy is much stronger than him, you can't except every person that luffy has fought
    in the past to have the same growth rate as he does otherwise everyone will become admiral-level by the end of the serie
    Ivankov is also not stronger than luffy, we've seen his fight with Magellan and he didn't really have more luck than luffy did, they were probably on the same level back then, now luffy is stronger.
    Also the emperors are do not hold that title just because they have large territories and soldiers, it's also because they are exceedinly powerful, look at Shanks, Whitebeard, Blackbeard
    you can't expect the soldiers, especially pirates to follow someone who is weaker than the are, and we all know that in OP massive numbers of fighters isn't what determines
    the outcome of a battle, it's the strength of the top fighters, the strawhats vs the fishermen is a good example of how 10 people defeated an entire army and it wasn't that hard for them to do so,
    and the argument that in the NW the pirates are stronger than the ones in the first part of the grand line isn't valid, we've all seen these pirates fight in the war of the best, besides their captains who were
    probably each on par with a vice admiral(remember that before the timeskip luffy could defeat multiple vice admirals by himself) they weren't that strong, and i know that the pirates that were present
    were only a few crews of all the ones in the NW but it was explicitly said that they were veterans of the NW, they still lost consciousness to Luffy's haki even before
    he gained control over it so my guess is, in the NW there is more top tiers pirates but the foot soldiers level is still not high enough to pose a threat.
    The admirals are not stronger than luffy. Luffy can probably beat them if he goes all out. Otherwise they are probably equal. The proof for that is from the movie "Z" In this movie he figthts an guy stronger than the admirals, or at least equal with them. He does not beat the guy, but does not lose to the guy. and that is because he got a lot of his power drained when destroying the guys weapon that contains sea stone. Meaning if he fought that guy and won, he can beat admirals, but not the fleet admiral.
    Now, the emperors are unknown. We have not seen any of them fight except for whitebeard, but he was called the strongest man in the world. So this is unknown. But from the looks of it now, in this saga he is going to fight "Big mama" and from how we know one piece he will probably win, but will be at the verge of death.
    The emperors lieutendants are not as strong as luffy. It would not make sense for the saga to be about defeating big mam, if he even cant defeat her lieutendants. but the other emperors are probably stronger than luffy.
    Mihawk is kinda unknown, but from the battle vs the navy, when you see him fighting luffy, so luffy was could fight bak, and hurt him. When you look at pre-timeskip strawhats, it took all of them to damage the pacifista a bit. After the timeskip, luffy defeated one with one punch. If you look at that, luffy can probably defeat mihawk, but it would be a close call.
    The rest of the people you listed are stronger than luffy.

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Uriel's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Movies are not canon and older guys tend to drop in power so comparison if it's not actual can't be measurable and reliable.

IMHO.
    The Sky is pouring
    The wind is blowing
    The sea looks red,
    a surging sea of flames
    looks like the entrance to hell
    'Perfect', the captain said.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member desin24's Avatar
    Country
    Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is stronger than LuffY?

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjayes1 View Post
    The admirals are not stronger than luffy. Luffy can probably beat them if he goes all out. Otherwise they are probably equal. The proof for that is from the movie "Z" In this movie he figthts an guy stronger than the admirals, or at least equal with them. He does not beat the guy, but does not lose to the guy. and that is because he got a lot of his power drained when destroying the guys weapon that contains sea stone. Meaning if he fought that guy and won, he can beat admirals, but not the fleet admiral.
    Now, the emperors are unknown. We have not seen any of them fight except for whitebeard, but he was called the strongest man in the world. So this is unknown. But from the looks of it now, in this saga he is going to fight "Big mama" and from how we know one piece he will probably win, but will be at the verge of death.
    The emperors lieutendants are not as strong as luffy. It would not make sense for the saga to be about defeating big mam, if he even cant defeat her lieutendants. but the other emperors are probably stronger than luffy.
    Mihawk is kinda unknown, but from the battle vs the navy, when you see him fighting luffy, so luffy was could fight bak, and hurt him. When you look at pre-timeskip strawhats, it took all of them to damage the pacifista a bit. After the timeskip, luffy defeated one with one punch. If you look at that, luffy can probably defeat mihawk, but it would be a close call.
    The rest of the people you listed are stronger than luffy.
    The current admirals would wreck a Zephyr far past his prime. He wasn't just old but sick too. Not even to mention that the movie isn't even canon.
    Luffy defeating Mihawk? Best swordsman+Sharpest Sword vs A rubber man whose Haki couldn't protect him from Hody's bite?
    Luffy currently facing a more powerful enemy than himself for the first time since the timeskip. The time-skip would have killed most of his growth, powerwise,if Luffy was on Admiral tier already(which in my eyes is the highest tier)
    "Let me teach you the Hungry Dog Eat Shit Kick" Wu Geng

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oathencrantz's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Magellan (he's about the same level as the Admirals imo, he's right up there)
    Garp and Sengoku the Funky Buddha
    ALL the Admirals obviously
    Doflamingo, Mihawk, Kuma, and I still think Crocodile is stronger (2-1 in Croco-boy's favour)
    Jozu and Marco
    Shanks and Rayleigh
    Blackbeard
    Vergo maybe?
    Pekoms seems like he would be hell to fight

2 years of SOLID ass training (excellent training at that) in preparation for the Grand Line and New World doesn't suddenly make you stronger than people who have been top tier or near enough, since before you were born imho.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

^Definitely not Vergo or Crocodile
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is stronger than luffy?
    I think...

Zoro, mihawk, shiryuu (or swordmaster on the same level)
    Probably sengoku.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    ^Definitely not Vergo or Crocodile
    Maybe not Vergo, but it's 2-1 to Crocodile and the first two bouts were stomps.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post
    Maybe not Vergo, but it's 2-1 to Crocodile and the first two bouts were stomps.
    Luffy beat Crocodile even before he learns haki. And i do believe that his last punch (gatling vs sand blades), Luffy unconsciously uses haki. He does not have enough blood to materialize Crocodile's sand, and i call it bull if its pure his will to fight.

(Well haki is a form of will to fight too, but you see my point)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member RedBerserk's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Crocodile is one of those characters with hax powers, sure now Luffy can hit him even without water, but if Crocodile grabs him he is done for.

It's about many ifs with Crocodile, would he be fast enough to grab Luffy? would Luffy's haki protects him against sand attacks or be effective in hitting Crocodile (like with WB and Aokiji)?

So I'm not that sure Luffy is so superior to Crocodile now, he had decent endurance back then too, Luffy pounded him left and right but it took a lot to put him down.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedBerserk View Post
    Crocodile is one of those characters with hax powers, sure now Luffy can hit him even without water, but if Crocodile grabs him he is done for.

It's about many ifs with Crocodile, would he be fast enough to grab Luffy? would Luffy's haki protects him against sand attacks or be effective in hitting Crocodile (like with WB and Aokiji)?

So I'm not that sure Luffy is so superior to Crocodile now, he had decent endurance back then too, Luffy pounded him left and right but it took a lot to put him down.
    He can block any logia attack with armament Haki - ex: Rayleigh vs Kizaru
    Last edited by tony p; January 21, 2015 at 07:35 PM.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tony p View Post
    He can block any logia attack with armament khaki - ex: Rayleigh vs Kizaru
    So in effect, what you are saying is that Luffy wouldn't get scorched by Akainu's magma, frostbitten by Aokiji's ice, blindsided by Kizaru's light, etc etc, because of Armament Haki?

MH Senpai 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

The admirals
    Yonkou
    Fleet admiral/vice fleet admiral (Sengoku, Akainu, whatnot)
    Mihawk
    Dunno if Crocodile still has a chance

Likely more, but that's it for now.

Same

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oathencrantz View Post
    So in effect, what you are saying is that Luffy wouldn't get scorched by Akainu's magma, frostbitten by Aokiji's ice, blindsided by Kizaru's light, etc etc, because of Armament Haki?
    I'd say haki can provide a level of protection from such things. We actually saw WB resisting the magma and ice the admirals threw at him without turning into a giant ice cube or into a charred corpse. I don't think haki would work as sunglasses but it would perhaps work in blocking some of the damage from a laser although it does seem like to a lesser extent than blocking other stuff considering the laser is followed by an explosion and heat which melts even iron.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TheLuffySmile's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The Admirals.
    The Yonko.
    Marco.
    Vista(?)
    Akainu.
    Kuma(?)
    Doflamingo(?)
    Hancock(?)
    Mihawk(?)

It's hard to say really. We still haven't seen Luffy go all out. I mean for example whom on the list wouldn't take serious/ at least damage from a Gear Second Busoshoku gatling gun? Or a Busoshoku elephant gatling?

Man I mean, any armament gear second attack from Luffy would probably hurt like hell. Remember that we still haven't seen him use that on an actual opponent. Sure we've seen him use Armament, and we've seen him use gear second, but not combined. Just imagine the insane speed of Gear Second with Busoshoku.. Damn.
    Last edited by TheLuffySmile; January 21, 2015 at 05:28 PM.
    Ace is back bitches! And he's hot!

New Reply
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast