Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/23/15 - 3/29/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014

Thread: Tamura Ryuuhei Info and Interviews~

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teeba's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Tamura Ryuuhei Info and Interviews~

Tamura-sensei was spotted in Taiwan at an anime convention! Not only did he give an interview, he was even signing autographs!

Because the interview was originally published in Chinese, I am posting the script here. I would be really grateful if someone could translate it. Keep in mind this article was published in August 2011.

Spoiler show

The original article has lots of pictures as well: http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/0/56590.html
    Last edited by Teeba; June 22, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: added a bigger picture.

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tamura Ryuuhei Info and Interviews~

Fuu, those lucky........!!
    Someone plz translate it soon!
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be wonderful if someone could translate it! I tried using Google Translator just to get an idea, and all I got out of it was:

-Definitely a question about Furuichi's importance in the manga
    -Why is Oga's love life so complicated (answer: Because Tamura-sensei wants to give the shippers a hard time, I'm sure)

I saw Hilda and Aoi's names pop up as well. I think it would be cool to read Tamura-sensei's hints about the Akumano Academy raid before it actually happened...it could give us an insight if there was indeed any editorial meddling or not. >_>

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member thatguy3331's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what I got off of google translate, If anyone feels like making sense of this though, be my guest, cause I ain't doin it (Too lazy)

Spoiler show
    for anyone who likes my HxH mots, find em all here! and here too! My blog

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all, thank you for posting the Google Translator version. It was a very amusing read! And shockingly....some of it was readable!

Again, this is the farthest thing from a translation, but I'll post what I got out of it anyway.

-The first part of the interview is just talking about who Tamura-sensei is, and how publishing manga in Japan works.
    -Tamura-sensei's editor was also present (he's named "Zebian" in the translation), and he has been working with the mangaka since the beginning.
    -Apparently the editor thought the concept was "genius" when it was first presented to him.
    -Tamura-sensei is extremely punctual with his names and deadlines. (I knew it, the man is a workaholic!)
    -Whenever he gets a writers block he either takes a nap or goes for a walk outside.
    -Tamura-sensei says the serious battles are a good complement to the comedy, and he likes to switch it up to prevent monotony.

Interview (since this is not a translation, I am not sticking to a Q&A format):

Spoiler show

Again, I maybe understood like, 40% or 50% of the translation. But for the gist of it, I think the interview was pretty straightforward. Though Tamura is totally trolling the shippers!
    Last edited by Teeba; February 08, 2012 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Sorted out my grammar.

8. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

When Tamura was in Taiwan, he draw a picture of Oga and Beel for the audience. Akiyama posted it on vimeo, so I hope the embed works.

---------- Post added May 29, 2012 at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was May 27, 2012 at 09:30 PM ----------

Tamura's comments from the volumes, as translated from German to English by Black Hawk. Thank you!

Quote Quote:
    From Volume 3: During my working time, i dream often the Chapter is already been done. But when i woke up, i recognise the Paper is still empty.

From Volume 4: I get messgaes from my Fans, about some mistakes i am done. Its start from false Finger, Item them a disappear too fals placed Earrings.
    Stop it, it´s enough!!!! Ohh By that i mean me.

From Volume 5: I´m reluctant to go to the denitst. Only if i have some toothache, i run to the dentist. If the pain goes away, i doesnt care about it. Maybe if i can exchange my points for some great stuff ..... No, not even then i will haunt the dentist

From Volume 6: How fast time flies. The Series is already going on one Year and this is my six Volume. This number is nothing in comparison to the weight that I gained, in the past time. I think i have a problem.

From Volume 9: I need music while im painting. If i let then hang down my earphone careless, while im watching around. Sometimes this could happen. (picture above, You see one headphone dip into the inkpot)

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Black Hawk's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Extras from Manga Volumes

From Volume 7: It´s Summer. I don´t get summer feeling, i only sit here and draw day in day out. Onyl the drinks are summery.

From Volume 8: Beelzebub was implemented as an anime TV series. Of course I owe you, the loyal fans and my team that I always offer advice and assistance. So again a very big thank you! I will continue to give everything.
    Last edited by Teeba; June 26, 2012 at 03:16 AM.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread needs more memes

14. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post