Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 93

Thread: How strong is...

  1. #1
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Itamachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere you aren't.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    How strong is...

    Just a discussion thread about the strength of various characters in HxH universe. Since we can't really tell accurately (looking at you Togashi) because the story hasn't gone out far enough, i just wanted people's takes on the strength level of alot of their favorite chars.

    My first go will be Ant-Kite!

    I think Ant-kite has the potential to be as strong as pre-nuke Meruem. Not sure if he could grow stronger, because we learned that the Ant king grows indefinitely, as long as he devours other organisms, he gains their aura and some of their characteristics in the long run.

    However, Ant-Kite is a 'King' in her own right? (Not to get into specifics about her ant rank, because i believe an Ant born right after the King is a royal guard in preparation for the next King?) But i mean she shared a womb with the King, unlike the other royal guards, and got access to the Better Bits of DNA the queen collected, and the better nutrients. Making her, as far and physical traits go, on PAR with Meruem (unless the queen could somehow choose who got what in her womb...) And even tho she didn't get a chance to develop Nearly as much as Meruem, the base for her strength is still there.

    And if she is an off-spring of the Queen, she might have gotten the ability to grow indefinitely in aura from her mother (Devouring of others) to mirror the strength of her twin-brother. That and in the episode between Ant-Kite and the Koala ant, i got major Meruem vibes. The facial expression, the sheer domination of the will of someone of the Chimera-ant race. She might've been born technically a royal guard, but It's safe to say that Ant-kite is right now, a Chimera ant King.

  2. #2
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Country
    Chile
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    I really like the idea of Kite being as strong as her twin. I see her going to explore the dark continent like nothing and helping with her knowledge as a biodiversity hunter (?). But it seems unlikely to me. I don't think togashi will make that move, at least not in the early stages of dc arc, but i really like the idea.

  3. #3
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    If the DC is like we are supposed to imagine it, not even Meruem would explore it like nothing.
    Takes more than strength alone.



    I think 'how strong is' is a very vague question in HxH.

    Most of the time, utility goes over raw strength, and a lot of fights are about bluffing.
    for example, you cannot say hisoka was stronger than kastro. He won because Kastro made mistakes and hisoka bluffed him and scared him into making those mistakes.

    Tho, for the heck of it, i think that ant kite is , or has the potential, to be very strong, at least as strong as a royal guard.

    He is a royal chimera ant and thus, as mentioned, he has to have had the same nutritients as meruem had, and meruem was already insaley strong after being born.

    It is an interesting question where a second born would have fit in the hirachy of chimera ants.

    Mb there would have been two kings who would go to different territories, or even fight for the crown?

    Anyway, there is no reason for ant kite to not be insanely powerful or be able to become insanely powerful.
    We may not forget that kite was an experienced hunter all of his own and now he has a stronger body, more stamina and is generally less fragile than before.

  4. #4
    Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    Considering how powerful Palm who was not even a fighter became after becoming a Chimera it should be the same for Kite, she should be much stronger now, I think she is at Chrollo's level or stronger than that. He was a Conjurer and with what happened to him I would not be surprised if she had become a Specialist with some hax ability coupled with his Conjurer type.

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    Palm was more of an experiment, Kite died and was reborn as a Chimera.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  6. #6
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    306
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    Alternatively, he got all of meryem's leftovers. Remember how tiny he was? Dude didn't even look like he was ready to be born.

  7. #7
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Itamachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere you aren't.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    True facts. She did in fact get all of Meruem's leftovers, so she didn't grow at the same rate beforehand (but she grew hella quick once she was actually fed after her 'birth') I'm just basing the possibility that she'll be as strong as Meruem on the fact that they are Twins.

    They are definitely related, and not in the same way all the ants are 'related' to Meruem. The animation is a great place to see what I'm talking about, when she was talking to the Koala-ant to join her, the way she spoke, even the way her eyes widened like crazy when imposing her will on someone of the Ant race. Her subtle jesters and even the eye color and facial structure is very Akin to Meruem. They are siblings to the truest extent, same DNA pool.

  8. #8
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    19,907
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    Well, I would argue that the potential of any ant should be insanely high.Ant kite would perhaps be a special case if she remembers how to use her nen. In that case her knowledge, potential and newfound aptitude to nen should make kite a potential force to be reckoned with. As it is ants have insanely high aptitude towards nen, kite as he is now should be able to take things a tad further. Reaching the strength of a royal guard or even the king with enough time would not be weird in the least IMO.

  9. #9
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Itamachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere you aren't.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    All good points... Ant-Kite has a bright future ahead of him for sure, only time (and Togashi) will tell.

    What about Hisoka? How strong is he actually? He doesn't exactly seem overwhelming (very few people in Hxh do) but conniving. In terms of raw strength i don't think he's exactly anything special, it's just the unpredictable manner of his ability and his underhanded methods that truely make him 'fearsome' but from what i gather, Illumi is stronger than Hisoka. I think Hisoka's greatest strength is his emotional detachment to danger so he thinks clearly in combat and his flair for dramatic distractions coupled with the bungie gum.

    And also, honestly was looking forward to the eventual Ilumi vs Killua fight which would probably happen after a time skip or something.

  10. #10
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    In terms of raw power, Hisoka ultimate technique against Gotoh could finish any other character without a great endurance (like Youpi or Meruem) or something to keep him at distance (like a force field or Netero 100-Hands technique). On the other hand, that ability has the same weakness as spider-man's, it becomes very limited in a small closed room or in open field. His cards throwing is nothing special, his endurance and physical strengh are the same.

    Illumi seems stronger than Hisoka in terms of physical abilities but Hisoka turns stronger when it comes to special techniques.

    Killua's power after adulthood tends to be broken, overwhelming speed is something that is so OP that in fiction is usually underused. Well, just imagine a Lighting Tiger from Veritas with super speed.

  11. #11
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    220
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    hisoka's main strength lies in his bluffing and smart use of abilitys, physically, he is at a very high level tho.
    He has nothing on characters like razor, uvogin, the other fighting spiders or silva and zeno tho, strength wise

    The fights he had so far usually coulda gone either way, but hisoka's strength is turning the odds into his favor by giving off this aura of invincibility.

    Even if he got a severe blow like in the kastro fight he does not seem even close to being defeated, and this is pretty scary.

    If someone knew his ability tho he wouldnt be that strong in a fight tho.

    I also think he tends to overestimate himself. I do not think he can beat the zodiac with fighting skills, at least he would be in disadvantage.

  12. #12
    Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    Hisoka can't be that feared only because of his intellect and versatility of Bungee Gum alone. He certainly masters his Aura very well and it should be very powerful, at the very least he is comparable to Illumi who was rated above some Zodiacs.

    Quote Originally Posted by shionoro View Post

    If someone knew his ability tho he wouldnt be that strong in a fight tho.
    If you are a Nen fighter and that you are screwed if someone know about your abilities then you are a pretty bad fighter IMO, unless there are strict conditions like Kkurapika's. Nobunaga knows about it and still think he is difficult to fight, what is more important would be to keep using Gyo to not be killed by an attack hidden with In. As he said against Gon he doesn't have to hide it when attacking directly and only one hit is enough to trap his opponent.

  13. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Brazil
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,159
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Hisoka can't be that feared only because of his intellect and versatility of Bungee Gum alone. He certainly masters his Aura very well and it should be very powerful, at the very least he is comparable to Illumi who was rated above some Zodiacs.
    The Zodiacs aren't necessarily strong, as Leorio became one only because of his influence. I guess powerfull contacts, knowledge, specialization or even a Nen ability of no use in combat would be enough for someone to be a Zodiac.

    I have no idea how strong Hisoka is compared to Illumi, but the rest of the Ryodan recognized him as one of the strongest among them.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

    did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

  14. #14
    Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox666 View Post
    The Zodiacs aren't necessarily strong, as Leorio became one only because of his influence. I guess powerfull contacts, knowledge, specialization or even a Nen ability of no use in combat would be enough for someone to be a Zodiac.

    I have no idea how strong Hisoka is compared to Illumi, but the rest of the Ryodan recognized him as one of the strongest among them.
    Even if we consider that all the original Zodiacs are no powerful Kanzai was rated too, not that I think that these numbers are enough to know the outcome of a fight but they have their importance.

  15. #15
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Itamachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere you aren't.
    Country
    United States
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: How strong is...

    I compared Illumi as being 'stronger' than Hisoka on the fact that even in a fight where hisoka lost his own arm to a skilled opponent, he deemed the enemy (A person skilled enough to severe his arm) somewhat of a broken toy. He only takes interest in Opponents that seem to have the potential to grow much stronger than he is, a true masochist. His interest in Gon particularly. We all saw what Gon in his Prime ability is capable of. If he had the experience that years of hunting would've given him Adult Gon would easily be one of the best Enhancers and maybe even be a specialist (since Specialist is the only nen class that seems to appear with training and nen mastery).

    And honestly, Gon's power he displayed vs Pitou... + A powerful adult Hunter's instincts and abilities? Current Hisoka stands zero chance in my humble opinion, but Hisoka is interested in Gon because of this very fact.

    Chrollo is no different. He fought two Zoldycks and survived. Assuming that Silva and the old man are the same power levels as Illumi, Chrollo is definitely more skilled than your average joe.

    Hisoka seems to be attracted to enemies that could almost mean his certain death (surprised he didn't go after Meruem or find out about the Ants).

  16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts