Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/29/15 - 7/5/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pitou vs Netero

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Itamachi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Pitou vs Netero

Mkay, so basically my question is had the king turned down netero's challenge and sent pitou to fight on his behalf, what do you think would happen? (I refer to pitou as a female, so sorry for my political incorrectness, i know the jury is out on the actual sex of Pitou, if she even has one)

Judging from Pitou getting hit by Netero's attack in the beginning and sustaining no damage (Aside from her inability to stop mid-air) and the fact that she took a direct blow from meruem to the face with the intent to kill from the young king and all she got was a bruise and bloodied lip, I'd say her physical defense (or exoskeleton if you're counting the fact that she's part bug) is nearly on par with the King's (Leaving aura out of the factor). This is also cemented by the fact that when Netero felt pitou's aura he wasn't even sure if he would be able to defeat her.

And for the ending when Netero kills himself to set off the Rose, the King realized what was happening when he sensed the emotional change in his aura and tried to gtfo, but was screwed. However, if pitou was in that situation it wouldn't take long for the puppeteer to activate, and 'possibly' impose itself on a weakened netero to keep his heart going (or at least the muscle moving to trick the bomb into not going off). So she'd be able to control the situation and avoid the poison all together.

In short i think pitou would've won in the end. And maybe gotten away with it and joined up with everyone else, Gon probably would've not killed her since the King would be there. And Ants win GG (Good game, for you non interwebbers)

Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pitou vs Netero

Piyou would win 8/10 IMO. She is less durable and has less aura than Meruem but the difference is still abysmal, if she is injured she can heal herself and continue just fine. I don't see how she could have stopped the Rose though, even assuming that she would be fast enough to reach him and control him, it won't make his heart beat, the puppets have no vital functions, her ability makes them unable to rot.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Rezard's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Pitou , that's mostly depend on netero endurance , pitou is a tank (peole seem to forget this point) and can endure mostly anything. Direct hit from netero are indeed stong but he will run out Before he could severely damage pito.
    Also not counting the regen ability (not blythe , the natural regen). The bigest flaw of pitou is the lack of ranged attacks. So hiting netero is yeah.. hard
    Now if netero have unlimted aura, then the battle will be a tie.

About the rose . pito may be able to run away from the shockwave , since pitou can surpass the speed of sound at full speed. But only if there's a very fast anticipation.
    Last edited by Rezard; October 03, 2014 at 06:33 AM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Piyou would win 8/10 IMO. She is less durable and has less aura than Meruem but the difference is still abysmal, if she is injured she can heal herself and continue just fine. I don't see how she could have stopped the Rose though, even assuming that she would be fast enough to reach him and control him, it won't make his heart beat, the puppets have no vital functions, her ability makes them unable to rot.
    Not trying to say that she could recreate actual vital signs (life) like a working heartbeat and brain, I was implying that just like she can make normal muscle move, maybe she could impose her nen on his heart to make it 'beat' (muscular contraction) even if it was just a fabrication and he was still headed for death. Giving her enough time to either get the hell outta dodge before releasing the hatsu and letting it go up. I'm not saying she could keep him alive, even tho that might be a side effect of forcing the muscular movement of the heart with the puppet master targeting that particular muscle. It'd just a ploy to give her time to floor it before letting him go up in flames by himself. As far as i gather from her puppeteer it is at least capable of making muscles contract right? So that's where I'm drawing the logic from, maybe she could trick the bomb into not going off yet.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

She would've never figured out Netero's attackl patterns and end up being ground to dust over time. Her durability relative to Meryem's is also a question mark.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, we know that she has questionably close physical endurance, (minus the aura) since the guards and king were made from the 'best of the best' genetic material. And she took a direct 'kill' blow from Meruem and escaped with her face intact. Netero took two attacks from the king and was ready to tap out, and the blow to pitou might've be arguably more intense since it was from his tail (which is one long muscle) rather than an sharp jap that took off a limb from netero (relatively smaller muscle, force of movement). This ofc not factoring in aura shielding/enhancements and combat experience. I think Netero would've ran outta steam before grinding pitou to dust, and as far as figuring out attack patterns Pitou (minus the king) seems to be the 'smartest' Royal Guard, it would've taken her longer to figure out the pattern, for sure but to the point where she would be destroyed trying to? I doubt.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Itamachi View Post
    Not trying to say that she could recreate actual vital signs (life) like a working heartbeat and brain, I was implying that just like she can make normal muscle move, maybe she could impose her nen on his heart to make it 'beat' (muscular contraction) even if it was just a fabrication and he was still headed for death. Giving her enough time to either get the hell outta dodge before releasing the hatsu and letting it go up. I'm not saying she could keep him alive, even tho that might be a side effect of forcing the muscular movement of the heart with the puppet master targeting that particular muscle. It'd just a ploy to give her time to floor it before letting him go up in flames by himself. As far as i gather from her puppeteer it is at least capable of making muscles contract right? So that's where I'm drawing the logic from, maybe she could trick the bomb into not going off yet.
    Pitou would have no way to know that a nuclear bomb would detonate if Netero's heart stopped.

And, while Pitou is very durable, something that pratically killed Meruem would kill him for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Captain Sicarius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Imo she would never figure Netero's attacks even though she would take tons of hits she would lose eventually.

Meruem only got in because he became an absurd strategist by playing gungi.
    Sorry, no matter how much you try you can not ignore yourself.
    Spoiler show

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I don't see pitou winning. Netero is clearly and overwhelmingly outmatched in the nen volume department but from what we saw there is very little pitou could actually do to netero at all. Pitou does not have meruem's intellect nor strategic foresight... Meruem himself only got a hit on netero solely because of his fights with komugi and he was ultimately much stronger than pitou on every regard. What meruem did to netero would be a physical impossibility for pitou. It might even be a long fight but there is ultimately nothing pitou showed that would seem capable of actually getting to netero. Pitou cannot defend and no attack will ever reach netero. Even the king got to feel a bit of pain just from netero's attacks. Heck, just to compare, killua actually landed hits on yupi that seemed to cause pain and killua probably has neither the speed or attack power that netero has. Pitou at best would be a punching bag but he will still loose, he can barely perceive netero's attacks. If it was yupi it might be more interesting considering he has better range and nen blasts, it would be interesting to see netero defending from those.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Meruem only got through the barrage of attacks because of his learning with Komugi.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this a joke? Pitou couldn't even see the bodhisattva with all her sense heightened to the max with terpsichora. She gets destroyed by the 99th hand, he doesn't even need the zero hand to beat her.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, this seems like a mismatch. Pitou wouldn't stand a chance of manoeuvring through Netero's Bodhisattva. And he isn't a threat at range. He might survive quite a few blows. Pitou would simply find himself battered until his eventual demise. Even if one believes that Pitou could withstand his palm attacks, Zero Hand would leave nothing.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

^Zero is a suicide attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Sicarius View Post
    Imo she would never figure Netero's attacks even though she would take tons of hits she would lose eventually.

Meruem only got in because he became an absurd strategist by playing gungi.
    Trying to find a mistake with observation skills alone was a choice Meruem made, it's not like Netero was untouchable. He was able to recklessly charge only because he was durable enough to do so, even if Pitou is extremely durable too, it's unliekly that she will fight like him. What is even more important is that she can heal herself, it would take a lot of time for Netero to give her fatal injuries, if she is not charging recklessly like Meruem it will be even more difficult for him. Even if he miraculously succeeds to hit her so much without giving her the chance to retreat to heal herself and kill her Terpischora will still work after this and become even more powerful.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again.. Pitou would've never predicted the attack patterns like Meruem did via gungi practice. Why the fuck do you guys think the game board with all of the pieces were displayed for like, half of the Meruem vs Netero fight?

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Riyuki View Post
    Once again.. Pitou would've never predicted the attack patterns like Meruem did via gungi practice. Why the fuck do you guys think the game board with all of the pieces were displayed for like, half of the Meruem vs Netero fight?
    I did say in my post that predicting the attacks is not the only option to attack Netero, Meruem did this because he wanted it and that the palm attacks were not enough powerful to harm him. You think an human like Zeno for example would fight against Netero like that?

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast