This is where you can post and discuss the spoilers for the next chapter of Toriko!
---------- Post added February 29, 2012 at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was February 23, 2012 at 02:32 PM ----------
Last edited by Jorge D. Dragon; March 29, 2012 at 11:26 AM.
So, spoilers are out at MS. (Thanks for that, J-Preview team)
Looks like Toriko will learn a new technique in this arc, which makes me very excited: "SPOOOOOOOON"
I wonder why Spoon wasn´t one of Torikos standard techniques at the beginning of the manga.
I hope we will get an interesting fight in this arc again, the last time this manga used its full potential as a fighter-Shounen was way back in the Gourmet pyramid.
By the way, I think Toriko will also learn to become faster in this arc since hes hanging out with lightning-fast Ninja cooks now.
Last edited by Lyn685; March 28, 2012 at 08:45 AM.
So we just saw a female chef ranked #15, and her predecessor to the hidden restaurant is ranked #5. That is pretty impressive.
http://animeprodestiny.forumcommunity.net/?t=50324313 --- last post
toriko 181 ch scan
Chapter 181 English Scan, via HWMN
Pretty damn excited for this new arc. Seems like interesting and intense training, and some very powerful figures. We can probably expect to see big power level boosts/power-up's from Toriko and Komatsu.
* Komatsu and Toriko temporarily undergo training as disciples in the temple;
* Both Komatsu and Toriko undergo a food eating ettiquette course;
* Komatsu also undergos the food preperation and cooking course and learns to use his Derous knife properly;
* Toriko also undergos a combat course in an attempt to learn to use "Spoon", and maybe even another technique, like "Chopsticks";
* Komatsu finishes his course before Toriko and goes back to the dissapearance cuisine restaurant;
* Komatsu discovers that Chiru is a woman and has confidence issues of her own, just like Melk II, and helps her get over them;
* Toriko finally captures the Bubble Fruit.
* The three chefs that heard the voice of Ichiryuu's Full Course in chapter 158 becomes a combo with the other three Heavenly Kings:
** Chiru with Sunny (because she's cool, or as Sunny would say "beautiful");
** The one-eyed guy with Zebra (because they both look battle hardened);
** The old lady with Coco (just cause she's the only one left and they seem to suit each other).;
* The Capture Level 100 beast mentioned in chapter 173 is Toriko's last challenge in the Human World;
* Komatsu will participate in the "Cooking Fest" mentioned by Mansam in chapter 173 and make a name for himself.
Good chapter. I think we're gonna learn more about the kidnappings soon. We may even get to see a chef battle for his/her life when a GT Robo comes to kidnap them.
As Shadoguardian predicted above...I like the idea of Toriko learning Spoon or at least his own original version of it. And I LOVE the idea of Komatsu learning how to use the Derous knife more gently, and with manners...at least to the point where he could defeat a low level beast by himself. I really hope those 2 things happen.
The chapter was briliant.
I liked the introduction of Chinchin. He looks really strong and he used such an interesting tech that will definetly benefit Toriko and he also showed interest in it. I do hope that Toriko will learn it during his training in the Temple. It will be useful for him not only in the Human World, but also in Gourmet World.
That cook-woman who was mentioned to be Chinchin's partner... she seems to not only be great cook, but also pretty strong. So was she really kidnapped by Bishokukai or maybe she had her own agenda or even went to 0 Biotope? I can see tons of posibilities.
I also like the idea of Komatsu having some interesting training that will benefit him a chef, but also it would be great if he managed to level up in terms of fighting power, cause now he can't posibly enter Gourmet World.
Spoon looks like a technique in which you can control some attack being launched to you. I already imagine a spoon on Grinpatch's breath gun and breath bazooka.
Anyway, I agree that we might get more information on the kidnapping. I wouldn't be surprised if a kidnapping would happen in this arc. One which fails because Chiyo disappeared and wasn't kidnapped I think. Don't forget that disappearance doesn't equal kidnapping
It looks like Komatsu and Toriko will be staying here for a while. I wonder how long. A couple of weeks? One month? Possibly even a few months? Komatsu's cooking skills are bound to improve and Toriko will learn a few new fancy tricks with preexisting attacks.
I was pretty excited about Toriko learning Spoon, then I pictured him trying to evolve it by doing Leg Spoon and haven't been able to stop laughing.