Not a member? Register now!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (11/16/15 - 11/22/15).
Manhwa & Manhua News: Check out the new Manhwa and Manhua shout-out (December 2015).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Event News: MH Secret Santa has begun! Sign up now!
A new Anime Showdown has started. Nominate the most badass female now!
Translations: Gintama 566 by kewl0210 , One Piece 807 by cnet128 , Bleach 652 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: The Willeke4439 Thread

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Willeke4439's Avatar
    The Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

The Willeke4439 Thread

Hi, my name is Willeke, I'm from the Netherlands and recently graduated university with an MA degree in Asian studies, majoring in Japanese language. I'm really into manga, so I'd like to use this website to gain some experience in translating manga while I search for an actual job. I currently do not have any specific projects that I would like to work on right now (hence I haven't posted many translations here yet, I don't know where to start: ^^; ) , but I hope that you people here will be able to make requests and tell me what they would like to see translated. Especially if I'd get paid, I'm willing to translate just about anything there is demand for.

I have been translating various things from Japanese to English on my livejournal ( since 2011, so you may know me from that. I've mostly been specializing in doujinshi, drama CDs, and song lyrics but I have occassionaly also done things such as interviews, magazine or news articles and light novel exerpts and summaries. I also have experience as a professional translator at a Japanese company, and I have recently passed the N1 level of the Japanese Language Proficiency exam with a score of 180/180, so I am confident in my Japanese to English translating skills. I will provide complete (including sfx) and accurate translations to the best of my abilities.

Feel free to reply here or send me an e-mail or PM if you have any projects you'd like to work on with me. ^-^
    Last edited by Willeke4439; February 20, 2015 at 01:55 PM.

New Reply