I feel that that just ONE stat difference in Power can make a huge difference in the impact of a Power shot.
Kawamura has a 5 in Power, Date had a 6 in Power iirc, yet Date can effortlessly send Kawamura flying and Kawamura can't make Ban's feet leave the ground.
Duke has a 7 so for the logic I explained in Kawamura/Date, it makes sense that Duke can send Gin to the "shadow realm" with just one shot.
I think it would be important to discuss how Black Hole's time limit actually works in regards to the technique. I have a few Questions about it.
1) Is it 30 minutes of Unlimited Black Holes?
2) Does it only expect one for tally?
3) Is black hole hard to return, I.e. is the Returned shot Special?
4) Can you hit a special shot out of a Black Hole?
5) How long does a Black Hole last?
and 6) Is there a specific spot on the Black Hole that the ball has to hit, or is the whole trail viable?
Well, we haven't gotten that many specifics yet, but I'd think that:
- The number of black holes you open doesn't affect the time limit. Oni made no mention of it when he said that Tokugawa should've still had a lot of time left.
- A black hole probably lasts for the point it is used in? We didn't see any leftover holes before the point Byoudouin used the World Techniques in, but during that point the holes from returning Bullfighting of the Spanish and Phoenix of Egypt don't disappear.
- I don't think it matters where the ball hits the black hole, it seemed to stop instantly.
- The return itself does not seem to have any special properties. I would guess that it's technically possible to use a special move on the return, I don't think we'll ever see it happen though - special moves generally don't get combined.
Unless Byoudouin's ability to defend and engage in high level rallies suddenly collapsed.
Although, with a mere 4.5 in Strength & Tech, I still expect Byoudouin to hit back whatever normal shot Tokugawa hits back.
I mean, Byoudouin must have at least 7 in Tech or something. Then again, we don't know Byoudouin's Speed stat...
Byoudouin's speed is implied to be mediocre. That said, I think Tokugawa still got a stat boost from Asura no Shindou during that time? So his power etc. were probably above 4.5.
Well, the Pirate seems to be similar to Kijin, and Oni's profile says that that one's power and mental, so I don't think it does anything for Byoudouin's speed.