Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
While only three doubles will actually appear in the Pre-WC, if you had to pair up everyone, what would you do? I'm not going to ask for a detailed explanation for every pair, but if you could drop one or two lines for each of them at least it'd be nice.
So, what would your line-up look like?
Last edited by ChinkyCandie; March 18, 2015 at 06:53 AM.
1.Duke/Fuji - Never expected this...but already set.
2.Byodouin/Yukimura - Wouldn't that be amazing if they go against Volk/Tezuka?
3.Tokugawa/Niou - Dunno why I want to see them pairing up.
4. Oni/Shiraishi - Kijin Oni+ Bible(with some upgrade)
5.Ohmagari/Oishi - Nitouryuu and Oishi's double skills will make a good combination
6.Kimijima/Akiusu - I felt like pairing him up with another Tonho like character.
7.Tonho/Kirihara - Just let Tonho play his game without his partner betraying him. I'm sure Kirihara would like to join in the bloodbath.
8.Ochi/Atobe - Hyotei captains.
9.Mouri/Kin-chan - A doubles specialist might help Kin-chan to improve his doubles play.
10.Irie/Sanada - Losing 5-0.....suddenly a triple clutch black aura. And Irie saying just kidding.
11.Hakamada/Marui - Vanish + Wonder castle. Should work fine.
12.Nakagauchi/ Kite - Kite can compensate with his amazing court coverage for Nakagauchi's speed.
13.Date/Gin - Same as Kaoz and Chinky-dono, I guess.
Hahahaha I'm pretty sure Kirihara and Tohno would get along really well in doubles.
1. Byodouin/Oishi: Can't say much of this pair, but for the reasons Kaoz and co. posted, the fact that he follows him around calling him boss and that Byodouin seems to like Oishi, is a no brainer for me.
2.Ohmagari/Sanada: Because Shuuji is still on a boat and isn't on Australia yet, I think Sanada could compliment Ohmagari really well. I don't see Sanada lending his racket to Ohmagari to perform his Nytoryuu technique, though.
3. Duke//Fuj: Already established.
4. Tohno/Shiraishi: I can't see Tohno paired with Kirihara, otherwise he might go into DM again and Akaya probably wants to avoid using it. It would be interesting to see how Shiraishi has to work to control Tohno, which is a way harder task than controlling Akaya.
5. Kimijima/Marui: Marui seems to like Kimijima a lot, and we have yet to see Kimijima play at his fullest, so Marui might be able to motivate him enough to do it.
6. Mouri/Kite: Kite's ODS and Mouri at the net could be a great combination. Also, if it could work better than Marui/Kite is a mistery, but Mouri's just a better player than Marui, and it could work surprisingly well.
7. Date/Ishida: Power doubles. Date makes up for Gin's lack of speed, and creates chances for Gin to hit his Hadoukyuus.
8. Irie/Niou: Irie's acting plus Niou's illusions. Just awesome
9. Ochi/Atobe: Hyoutei's former captains, a deadly combination.
10. Yuki/Tokugawa: This would be the strongest pair, without a doubt.
11. Hakamada/Akutsu: Odd pair formed by two players that, in a way, have some similarities in their personalities (both of them are violent and like violence...), and Akutsu's movements at the net could make great chances for Hakamada to hit his Vanish and score.
12. Oni/Tooyama: TnK Doubles. Or Kijin + Wild Tennis at his fullest. Also, the Hser Kintarou seems to get best along with is Oni (he is his mentor and cares for him a lot, and wants him to become even stronger), so this is a given for me.
13. Nakagauchi/Kirihara: Random pair, don't have to say much about it.
Last edited by LetalHawk; March 20, 2015 at 05:27 AM.
Well it looks like everyone who answered so far have agreed to Ochi/Atobe and Date/Gin.
Byodouin & Niou – Assuming Niou can keep up, doubling up on Byodouin’s arsenal of worldly techniques should make for an interesting match.
Tohno & Yukimura – Tohno’s aggressive style is senseless, which also describes Yip’s effect on the opponents.
Irie & Atobe - Super Insight pair, a follow up to their shuffle match, should be an over-the-top performance from both of them.
Kimijima & Kirihara – I think Kimijima could control Kirihara to bring out his potential as Shiraishi did.
Ohmagari & Kite – Ohmagari can cover a large area of the court and Kite can warp over to his blind spots, seems a good pair for their coverage potential.
Ochi & Sanada - Ochi sabotaging opponent’s mental state should throw them into despair when Sanada uses his improved Black Aura to make the ball untouchable.
Tokugawa & Shiraishi – Tokugawa can probably carry the match himself, but Shiraishi and his Bible Tennis should help negate any special techniques their opponents could muster.
Mouri & Oishi – Both are among the best Doubles players in the series, so they should work well together.
Hakamada & Fuji – Fuji needs to show off since he hasn’t had an important match in a long time, so that’s why I like pairing him with a weaker High Schooler. (Duke & Fuji is fine too, but Duke Homerun probably just kills their opponents before Fuji does much of anything).
Duke & Marui – I think this should be fine with Marui playing close to the net and Duke controlling the back of the court. A Homerun seems strong enough to score against all but the top-tier WC players.
Oni & Kintarou – Agree with LetalHawk here, an easy pairing for me to make. They have a student and mentor relationship, which could be good for Kintarou’s growth.
Nakagauchi & Akutsu – Nakagauchi’s repetitive style and Akutsu’s unorthodox nature should make it hard for the opponents to play against both.
Date & Gin – Last two to pair but they do seem fine working together as everyone else before posted.
Basing myself in... what I would like to see in the plot.
Byoudouin - Oishi
Duke - Fuji
Tokugawa - Yukimura ( I somehow can't see Tokugawa fitting in doubles with another MSer)
Oni - Kintarou (...too predictable but wtv)
Ohmagari - Akutsu (huge court coverage + unsolved Library issues )
Kimijima - Marui (what Letal said o/)
Tohno - Kirihara (development for Kirihara, to finally show him how wrong his past playstyle was and to abandon it completely. Tohno might learn a thing or 2 too)
Ochi - Atobe (predictable but wtv)
Mouri - Sanada (I want Mouri development ;-; )
Hakamada - Niou (Niou being a trickster taking advantage of a sandstorm would be cool)
Date - Gin (sorry Date but I didn't come up with anything cool)
Nakagauchi - Kite (huge court coverage, they both don't really need to talk to play together I think, megane, perfect pair)
Edit: Oh crap I forgot about Irie and Shiraishi... just pair them together...
Last edited by Hardy; April 02, 2015 at 09:11 AM.