Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
1) I know there are threads about the strength of the Straw hats but I would like a ranking (1 to 9) with 1 being the strongest. Do this for before and after time skipped.
2) I think I will edit/update this post for the average of all of your opinions.
3) If your ranking is controversial just explain why.
4) Also, for each characters that isn't Luffy, post the bosses of previous arc that you think they can beat and go toe to toe with. Eneru is a tricky one unless some of the strawhats learn haki but I am sure Zoro can cut everything
5) Meh, I post my opinions later. Back to study my exams >___< Nice to be back on this forum again.
Consensus: Pre then Post
1) Luffy 1.0 Luffy 1.0
2) Zoro 2.0 Zoro 1.9
3) Sanji 3.0 Sanji 3.1
4) Franky 4.0 Franky 4.4
5) Robin 5.5 Robin 5.1
6) Brook 6.5 Brook 6.4
7) Chopper 6.5 Chopper 6.7
8) Ussop 8.0 Ussop 7.4
9) Nami 8.5 Nami 8.6
After time skipped
1) Luffy- I would like to think he is at the strength or stronger than quite a few shikibukai. He ranked number one here because his haiki and gomu fruit give him quite a defense and he would beat zoro based on speed alone.
2) Zoro- Zoro had showed us how much physical injuries he could withstand. He could just come back and back again. But he can't take the position as number one because during the fight against Lucci, luffy had showed that through gear 2 gattling gun, he could just hit and hit and hit and hit and hit until his opponent down for the count.
3) Sanji- although Zoro is a monster, I would think Sanji can beat Zoro in unarmed combat on speed. Sanji is really fast before the timeskipped and had improve his speed plus mobility afterward. But since Zoro had his sword, at best it would be a tie if Sanji avoid a direct battle. Sanji has more brain than Zoro. He is an expert tactician but thus far I don't see he used too much brain in combat.
The middle trio
4) Robin- physically, robin should not be in the fourth place. It is hard to place her because thus far we had not seen a proper battle of Robin where she goes all out. She is intelligent and can exposed her opponent's weakness. Her ability is among the fastest and very much suited her assassin style. In defense, she can keep a distance from her enemies and create clones. Also, she is patient enough to go in hiding and fight dirty/attack opponents in the dark.
5) Franky- in his arc, he went toe to toe with Luffy. Franky's physical power is on spa with Zoro and Sanji but he lack the speed. Though the lack of speed make me put him lower. However in make up, he had quite a lot of range attack. Like Sanji and Robin, he can fight really dirty. All in all, he could place as high as 2 but for now I gonna keep him here.
6) Chopper- should chopper be in the weak trios, I am not quite sure. In his strongest form, his physical power would overwhelmed the like of zoro, franky, and sanji. His mobility is quite impressive. Speed wise, he isn't on the level of Sanji or Luffy. In his brain mode, he could exposed his enemies' weakness. Quite a great resume actually, the only reason why he is so low is because his mentality isn't really good for a fight to the death.
Weak Trio but not so weak
7) Ussop- if he combine the skill he had pre and post timeskipped together, he is quite an opponent that people rank above him may have trouble of beating. Though he is stronger physically, and mentally, he isn't as weak and cowardly as he once was. But his biggest asset is range combat. He had not have a proper fight that he could go all out since the battle of mister 4 (discounting perona since that battle is way too funny). The battle against luffy is cool but that is during the time he didn't even have the skill set that he acquire after cp9 arc.
8) Nami- Everybody ranked Nami as the weakest but is she? Another person that fight really dirty. Physically she is the weakest but she make up for that in intelligent and capable with her unique weapon which included many mid range attack and hiding techniques. One on one against Brook, I can see she come out winning 6 times out of 10.
9) Brook- Possibly one of the fastest strawhat only below that of luffy. Even after the timeskipped, I don't see much improved in his strength. But combine with his speed, agility, and other talent, he is tough.
Last edited by weixiaobao; April 25, 2012 at 03:24 PM.
1. luffy 2. zoro 3. sanji 4. franky 5. robin 6. brook 7. ussop 8. chopper 9. nami.
1. luffy 2. zoro 3. sanji 4. franky 5. brook 6. robin 7. chopper 8. ussop 9. nami.
I would agree in that the proportions of strength and positions in the crew remain largely the same except for perhaps ussop. As his dream and position involve purely fighting, I think it is viable he would eventually be a main fighter in the crew. Not necessarily among the monster trio but more along the lines of brook and franky (as the weakest of them though). Not sure how exactly ussop would have compared to nami and chopper in the first or second part of the manga though. Ussop eventually becoming stronger than robin should not be strange IMO.
Hmm my personal ranking would be something like this:
1. Luffy (obviously )
2. Zoro (obviously since he's the vice-capt.)
3. Sanji ( 'cause Zoro is stronger than him IMO and will always be )
4. Franky( with his new upgrades he surpassed Robin)
5. Robin (with her new developed abilities of her DF she maintans her position as one of the strongest of the SH's )
6. Brook (also 'cause he managed to better use his DF ability)
7. Usopp ( still in the weak trio IMO)
8. Chopper ( as for Chopper i might dare to say he could be stronger than Usopp if he weren't so childish )
9. Nami ( the weakest of the crew IMO)
Well, about monster point.... You have to consider two things:
1.- Chopper was hurt when he initially went to monster point and to boot merely being in that form caused him physical harm.
2.- Chopper's strength, speed and stamina would be much greater now than what they used to be and he learned a proper martial art to go with those.
Chopper's monster point not having that drawback of hurting him now should make the boost itself greater. The fact that base chopper is all the much stronger should also contribute to monster point being much greater now than what it was.
I do agree in that brook is massively underrated. I can't honestly imagine him losing to robin, specially with his speed and ice powers in a serious fight. The cold alone should be enough to prevent a few of robin's moves and if he so much as cuts a limb robin takes a decent bit of damage herself.
Zoro - Sanji - Jinbe on land
Franky - Robin - Brook
Chopper - Usopp - Nami
How the 3 trios would fare against an opponent in their respective trio is hard to determine. For example, kkck´s opinion that Brook would defeat Robin with his ice sword could easily be countered, Robin could just lock Brook´s arm and cover his mouth so that he can´t hum his music.
1)Luffy ; 2)zoro ; 3)sanji ; 4)franky ; 5)chopper(yeti form) ; 6) robin ; 7)brook ; 8) nami ; 9)usop
1)luffy ; 2)Jinbe ; 3)zoro ; 4)franky(his beam is stronger than sanji's kicks,it was explained when he broke the jail some chapters ago) ; 5) sanji ; 6) chooper (yeti form) ; 7)Robin ; 8)brook ; 9)Nami ; 10)usop.
Before I post my rankings I want to mention one thing. Remember when Usopp fought Luffy? Of course Luffy wasnt going all out, but still, Usopp knew enough about him, and was crafty enough to put up a good fight considering his actual lack of strength. (Its a shame we havent seen the multi ninja star shot again!)
Anyway, my rankings are: 1 Zoro >/= Luffy. Ive had this feeling for a long time that Zoro could win, and not JUST because he uses luffy's weakness. In all recent fights I feel like Zoro has really shown out and not fought NEARLY as hard as Luffy has had to to win.
3) Sanji in terms of pure strength. 4)Robin 5)Brook 6)Chopper 7)Franky (im not hopping on the laser bandwagon. It didnt work bigtime against the shs with Kuma) 8)Nami = Usopp (this is a tough call for me. I feel like they both have gotten so much more power in store than what we've seen, and they can out wit their opponents, probably most effectively among the shs)
The best differences with my list is Ussop i ranked him 5 but soon he will be 4 strongest in the crew... Why i ranked him 5 and soon 4 because of Sokeking...before the timeskip he relied on sokeking to beat weak opponents because of his overall physical strength (example persona's bear pet) but after the timeskip he grew much stronger physically now he can beat weak opponents without sokeking..but when he becomes sokeking he should beat much stronger opponents (heres hoping ) As a main fighter he should be one of the strongest members of the crew.....His more like Gohan from DBZ he needs to be push to awake more strength..beside ussopp always known to get the worsted beating lool he can take a beating lol..Sniper king !
I think its just too early to make rankings....But here i go
sorry, I am too busy with exams to post an update. I probably gonna do an average of the numbers pretty soon (or someone could do it in excel instead). So is it in every one consensus that all straw hats can destroyed opponents like Arlong and Bellamy? And can the weak trio teamed up to defeat a shikibukai at this point in time?
Edit: nevermind, every posts before this post are taken in average.
This could easily change. We honestly haven't seen the Strawhats face much of a challenge since the timeskip, at least not one that pushed them to their limits. Luffy had a tough time against Hody in the ocean, but the others seemed rather casual in all of their battles.