Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/6/15 - 4/12/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
yes you're right I tried to say that acid reflux not gastric acid probably is related to her ability which is maybe linked to her devil fruit ability and not drugs, but CC could after all be important because his candies create dependence, and make BM be dependent to you is an advantage, sorry my english is poor XDQuote:
Last edited by Vespa; May 25, 2012 at 05:34 PM.
Why would CC need to report to Joker if he is just an unimportant subordinat and why would Law know about him and want his activities on the island be kept secret from him. It does not make sense.Quote:
And generally people who are named before they are formally introduced are always important.
Atmost jokers rank in WG/marine(IF he is one) can be from CP division head/VA/a new Admiral.
Besides I think one has to be a Noble by birth to be one of gorousie.
too early for Shanks or Blackbeard.. and i doubt the first meeting of usop and his dad will be in a fight to beat him.. (tho im still in doubts that BB is one of the yonkou unless its been confirmed.. i kno his been called the black force etc etc..) anyway..
could it be that law has the same ability as bb in terms of consuming 2 df he's a surgeon after all..
i dont get why they need to kidnap cc for confusion.. one thing is for sure.. he got me confused..
- 1. It's not clear, we may see indications for either one:
- Luffy approving of taking down BM his own current enemy.
- Luffy smiling because he will get to meet Shanks.
- Why would he smile after Kaidou is mentioned, when he hasn't even had contact to him? Luffy could have learned from Silvers that it was him that hindered Shanks from coming to the war for a bit, but that's unlikely IMO.
- BB is out of the equation for me
- 2. see above + Given Smokers comment that there are corrupt marines, and considering him to be one of that people, he shouldn't be part of CP, as that's a WG division, nor a marine admiral, as those have their offices at the Marine HQ, as seen with Aokiji right after the war and them being stationed there enables fast retribution or attack because of the Tenrybito at Mary Joa.
- 3. see above
- 4. I hope it's just information, not Kuzan as some have mentioned, nor some kind of weapon, as that's what the ancient weapons are for in the story.
- 5. To enjoy every single benefit a Shichibukai has? Because he held back right after the war and Akainu's new orders, it would have been wise to be in good terms with the marines near the Redline. He was free to move around in marine held territory and got respect for both the title and the way he got it.
- 6. While Smoker will have a reason to strip Law of his title, he was going against Marine policies too, so that might be a reason to keep their meeting a secret too. And if Law tries to start a inter-pirate war to take down a Yonkou, this could even be favored/endorsed by Akainu, enabling the Marines to take over parts of the ex-Yonkou held territory.
Last edited by Schabrak; May 26, 2012 at 05:45 AM.
Also he was probably thinking about taking CC on from the beginning, for his Yonkou plan, Luffy being there just made him act sooner.
But it's not like CC was reporting, the thing is Smoker and the SH Pirates showed up at PH, and he decided all on himself (CC) that he had to eliminate or capture them for the sake of his researchs there. But to eliminate people like that is troublesome, he needs to keep PH out of the map, so to say, therefore he contacted Joker so that Joker would cover up those deaths.Quote:
Still you have a point there with the naming thing, but Law knowing about him doesn't surprise me, as he said himself, he is no ignorant fool, he is a shishibukai which means he has connections with the WG, he is a very cautious and inteligent man, which means imo that before getting to PH he would try to find out as much as possible about what's going on there, for example he might have got suspicious about PH in a similar way to Smoker, ie through the kidnappings.
Last edited by Daniel; May 26, 2012 at 05:53 AM.
important key, sleeping on Punk Hazard, that could make possible the overthrow of one of the Four Emperors. To find this "important key", Law needed unfettered access to the government research notes left behind when Punk Hazard was abandoned. Becoming a Shichibukai gave Law the freedom of movement needed to find Punk Hazard. Finding an unlogged island is incredibly difficult. As a Shichibukai he is no longer a wanted man, Marine interference was no longer a concern. By the time Law arrived, Caesar had already reoccupied Punk Hazard's remaining facility. Cutting a deal with Caesar allowed him freedom of movement around the facility without having to waste time fighting before conducting his research.
We can only speculate about why Law wants to kidnap Caesar. Based on what we know so far the most logical conclusion is that former government researcher Caesar knows information critical to developing the "important key" and awakening the "sleeping power" on Punk Hazard. Caesar probably has some knowledge about whatever Law hopes to find on the island, but it is not information Caesar would volunteer.
---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------
kidnapped children. When Smoker and the Strawhats appeared, Joker promised that he would similarly cover up there deaths, if Caesar kills them. He did not receive "permission to kill" in the sense that he sought a superior officers consent to carry out an action. He received "permission" in the sense that his co-conspirator had the ability to hide high profile deaths from prying eyes, avoiding unwanted attention.
2. Joker is obviously not someone so high ranking. Why would someone as powerful as an Admiral or Cipher Pol member do something as mundane as alter press releases? That is all Joker is doing, changing Marine reports that are sent to the press from "kidnapped" to "missing or killed at sea". Joker is probably an underling, part of a larger conspiracy within the Marine.
3. As stated above, Caesar did not get permission from a higher authority. Joker confirmed that the death of the Strawhats and Smoker could be covered up, avoiding unwanted attention. This permitted Caesar to kill his enemies. Context is the key to reading.
4. Most likely something developed or researched by Vegapunk.
5. That should be obvious: freedom of movement. As a Shichibukai he is no longer a wanted criminal, he can openly travel the New World without Marine interference. All but the most daring Pirates would avoid attacking an ally of the World Government. Shichibukai status provided increased freedom of movement during his search for Punk Hazard.
6. It remains to be seen if he resigns his position after defeating a Yonkou. It would not be the first time a Shichibukai resigned after accomplishing their goal. Law will not be stripped of his title for something as trifling as infiltrating an off limit island. The Gorosei have made it very clear that the reputation of the Shichibukai as a fighting force is above something as petty as obeying the law. Crocodile was stripped of his title because he was defeated, and his defeat made the Shichibukai look weak. In order to avoid having this embarrassment repeated the Gorosei ordered Kuma to slaughter everyone who witnessed the defeat of Gecko Moria at Thriller Bark. His position in the Shichibukai was maintained, despite building a zombie army, only later was he secretly attacked at Marineford, where they could claim he died a hero. The Marine has no authority over the Shichibukai, they report directly to Kong and the Gorosei. Smoker's report on Law's presence at Punk Hazard can be ignored, there is no reason to believe that is enough of a transgression to discharge Law and further embarrass the Shichibukai.
Now about Law having the same gift as BB , i don't know for all we know he might have it but i'm reserved to this . IMO BB will be the only one capable of doing that or if we were to encounter another one then i can't think of anyone other than Luffy
As for why the need to kidnap CC just as Kaiten said i can't think of any other reason beside his knowledge of the island . He's been there for 4y already , or actually more then 4y if we were to take into account that there used to be a laboratory of Vegapunk's so he should know about every corner of that island . He's a scientist and these type of people are curious about everything .I'm sure he wanted to know everything there is on PH since he decided to stay here even after that big disaster . My personal opinion here is that this island must have some kind of mystery that makes it a perfect place for him beside it not having a magnetic field ...
I'm thinking that using CC for Confusion is potentially a short term goal. Maybe what Law is planning is to Use CC's capture, to secure whatever secrets lurk on the island. So while Smoker and the WG are all worried about CC and capturing him, the SH and Law crew can operate freely on the island and make a getaway.
I'm just guessing this is a scheme Law has devised since he realized the SH were on the island, seeing how he probably had a more sneaky way to garner the same results.
And I wonder is Joker just a corrupt marine working for CC or if Joker lends his services out for a fee, and perhaps has many "clients"....
Last edited by Poneglyph420; May 26, 2012 at 02:23 PM.
don't forget how luffy defeated the kraken. I bet that creature will have the same fate
---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------
hum i see a lot of people saying law and luffy wanna take on Shank based on nami reaction. I believe Nami would make a shocked face no matter the yonkou.
Also Oda gave us many hint that Big Mom would be the first villain of the Saga:
-luffy got an argument with her, and some members of his crew were introduced
-Jimbei will be the next SH, generally after every big saga there is a new member. Jimbei will join when they'll be against Big mom.
- Kidd is also fighting Big mom atm, remember when Kid, Law and luffy fought together on the S.I. and side to side. That alone made those 3 the outstanding rookies. And maybe it was a hint that they will fight together again. I think at some moment Kidd will join Law and luffy and they will take down Big mom together
-When luffy entered in the grand line, the first thing he did was to go after a shichibukai (crocodile). Oda like to make parallelism. So it's only logical to think that the first thing luffy will do in the NW is to go after a Yonkou and Oda already introduced Big mom.
-it's too early for luffy and shank to meet each other.
-I believe the first big thing luffy will do in the NW world will be to place an Island under his protection. He wanna do it with the F.I, so the first thing will be to take down Big Mom.
and no things aren't heated up, it could take 100 chapters or more. Remember Crocodile saga.
Last edited by scav; May 27, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
I wonder if the slime can destroy tissue or matter (e.g. Human flesh and buildings) with it's poisonous body (? Is it actually poisonous? I see people being enveloped by the creature but that's it, Did Oda mention anything about the slime?)
Well if it does most people would be screwed >_> I agree with the Armament Haki idea.
I think that Law discovered that the Yonkou in question has some connection in the World government(Joker) and that he(she) is also affiliated with Ceasar and his program.I wouldn't be suprise if Big mom(if she is the one Law wants to get ride of) has some disease due to the acid in her stomach or some other bad side effect of her Devil fruit.If that is the case it would means that Big mom is really dependant of Ceasar and that his capture it would be a big hit her.
Also i would be surprise if after Ceasar's capture more serious enemies start showing up.Exciting
If whoever law and luffy is going to take down is really so obvious, why do Oda bother covering it up? It's certain that he'll save the revelation for later but why?
Why not just say it now and be done with, unless he is planning a twist? I mean, he can just skip that scene with law talking to luffy and give it back to us as a flashback later on but he didn't do that, he showed us that scene but mute law's words.
The obvious is big mum, but why go out of the way to mute law when it's that obvious.
I'm on the Shanks train here.
It's not too early for luffy and shanks to meet one another if this one arc is just part of a bigger saga, and that saga is part of another big saga.
Remember how ace's search for bb was a few hundred chapters before marineford?
It could be the same case here where law and luffy's alliance leads to something huge hundred of chapters later.
For people who are saying that there is no way luffy will want to take down shanks, just remember this is the world of pirates we are living in.
Law didn't specifically said "kill" so he could be saying something like
"to surpass shanks" to luffy. Luffy has always seen Shanks as someone he has to surpass someday, as a rival he had to beat someday. There's nothing wrong with him wanting to beat him and show him that he's finally grown up.
Look at that wide smile on his face.
If it is Big Mom, I'm pretty sure luffy's reaction will be rage...same goes for BB and he'll even question who the heck is Kaidou.
Also, back then in Amazon Lily, I'm sure we all noticed panels of Law staring at the straw-hat, as if he is in some deep thought. I believe that to be a form of foreshadowing.
I just want to say that any possibility of the person being shanks should not be discounted and it's true that it can actually make sense if it is Shanks.