Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
yeah i also have a feeling Ichigo's about to show us something new, even if its not necessarily a power up, now i really hope he cant bankai, he might be holding on to some techniques we havent seen yet
but even if his bankai gets taken away i wonder if he still can't jus access his hollow powers we've only seen him do it with bankai but technically should he be able to put the mask on without it (if he still needs it at all)
Last edited by SaitoSpike; May 30, 2012 at 09:41 PM.
Well this chapter was epic imo.
Its interesting to note that the 2nd to last page where the last Star Knight says that the Quincy will purify the Shinigami, there is a split panel showing a mixture of characters. I wonder if that has something to do with who lives and dies soon.
Anyways here is how I figure things will go like in SS.
Yama-ji will die in a epic way fighting Buckbeard and injuring him severely. Probably using a forbidden Kido #100 after his Bankai fails which will blow up part of SS and help in its destruction. The Star Knights will struggle to save their leader as the Shinigami take the chance to escape.
From then on its Royal Squad and some new training/techniques to fight the Quincy. For the Lieutenants their enemies will be someone of Quilge's power, the Captains of the hunting party in Quicy army as there should be more than just Quilge.
The Captains will rematch then Star Knights of course, whatever is left of them at least.
My Captain Death list Captains I believe has a high chance of dying in this war.
1. Yama-ji: His death would be epic and pave the way for a new Captain Commander.
2. Komamura: Very loyal to Yama-ji, would follow him to death even.
3. Love: Not too popular and will likely die
4. Rose: Same as Love
5. Ukitake: Already sick and would help push Kyoraku over the edge into Bankai
Captains not likely to die list
1. Hitsugaya: Umm fanpolls and yaoi fangirl response/backlash/nuclear warfare?
2. Byakuya: ^
3. Shinji: Too cool to die
4. Kenpachi: One of the ones I'm not sure will survive because dying while battling would be an amazing way for Kenpachi to go out.
5. Kyoraku: Likely to be the next Captain Commander
6. Mayuri: Not too sure as he could easily die due to the Quincy hunting him down.
7. Sui-Feng: Unsure as she might lose an arm permanently this time around and retire or die.
8. Kensei: Don't see him dying to anything really.
Lieutenants death list:
1. Kira: If he is dead then I would feel sad but at least he died attempting to fight.
2. Hinamore:....... As cruel as it sounds, I would be happy if she died. Hopefully taking out someone on her way to die.
3. Nemu: Creation of Mayuri and considered expendable by him, also the Quincy might simply want to kill all of Mayuri's creations.
4. Sasakibe: Already confirmed dead.
5. Omeda: Would be happy if he bit the dust and a more competent Lieutenant is put in his place but he might survive.
6. Iba: Wears sunglasses and is Komamura's partner, a recipe for death.
Lieutenants unlikely to die
1. Renji: Too important to the plot.
2. Rukia: ^ and the backlash of her death.
3. Nanao: Unlikely to die.
4. Hisagi: He needs to show his Bankai and pawn some Quincy.
5. Matsumoto: Fanservice girl and a competent if lazy Lieutenant, want to see her Bankai as well.
6. Yachru: Kenpachi would kill anyone trying to hurt Yachiru.
This is just the 13 squads I'm mentioning, if I went into Vizards, Hollow/Arrancar, Human, and Ichigo's group then this post would become way too huge.
One note though, I believe that Orihime or Rukia will be severely injured enough to make Ichigo go ballistic. I'm leaning more to Orihime getting injured. It would be insane if one of Ichigo's friend bit the dust though like Tatsuki.
Last edited by crimsonlink310; May 30, 2012 at 09:47 PM.
Last edited by BaddAzzKenpachi74; May 30, 2012 at 09:52 PM.
This list is just speculation of course and there is no sure answer as to who will live or die. It could only be 1 person out of my list or even longer than the death list I put up.
Iba's death reason is a bit of inside joke between my friends and me. As for Hinamori, she won the most annoying/useless Bleach character award for a reason. But I added Hinamori because she almost died in Deicide and 2nd times a charm.
"Hitsugaya: Umm fanpolls and yaoi fangirl response/backlash/nuclear warfare?" <-- too true!! lolol!
Last edited by SaitoSpike; May 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM.
OMG.........This chapter was fan-fuqin-tastic....It was short but awesome as well...Best chapter of the arc so far and thats saying alot because this entire arc is being wonderfully constructed thus far....I hope Kira makes it...I really like him as a character...Hope he pulls through
I believe you are mistaken by Omeda granted he acts like an oaf but it's pretty much a ruse to lull his enemies in lowering their guard in which he uses said opportunity to strike. So I doubt he'll really go down that easily. I can't really give my own opinion on who would die but judging from the current situation it looks like a total genocide with the shoe on the other foot. This time the Quincy have the power to overwhelm the shinigami and it's most like due to their ability to manipulate reiatsu which pretty much means they can do whatever they want. It's quite possible that the true reason for the Quincy genocide was fear of the potential of how strong they could become which is why the higher ups feared the Vizards and also wanted the Fullbrings eliminated. They both possessed abilities which had the potential to overwhelm a regular shinigami's potential so they wanted to get rid of them before they reached said potential.
The vibe and name of this chapter though feels very ominous as if the manga will end within a few weeks, though it's most likely leading to the fact that Soul Society's Gotei 13 will be eliminated after all is said and done. I feel like the survival rate will be even lower and it may even come down to Aizen saving the day. He may be an evil bastard but the situation they are in now is pretty bad, maybe Yamamoto is actually going to bargain with Aizen and ask for his help, since he pretty much single handily pwned the entire Gotei 13 through his shikai alone.
Kira's death is definitely off guard it's surprising he took sucha huge wound and he didn't even see it coming for the most part, he didn't even have a sense of imminent death he just got blasted away by a strike more powerful then Ayon, that blase compared to what Ayon did to Rangiku is nothing. Yet when Ayon appeared the shinigami in the area sensed how viscous and deadly the creature was, even in HM when orhime and chad see the creature for the first time they to are stricken with fear over how viscous and deadly the creature's vibe gives off. Yet the Quincy that inflicted damage to nearly 1/4 of Kira's body didn't give off the slightest vibe of something to fear which makes them even more viscous. With power like that you think Kira would have been terrified over the power he was feeling from his foe and fell back to regroup the troops since he is smart like that as shown in his battle with the flying creature. Yet he just goes in guns a blazing as if he truly didn't know the danger he was putting himself in.
Hopefully the next chpt continues with SS to see how much more dmg takes place their since it is the first part, it would be odd if it focused on ichigo next chpt unless the name of the chpt actually refers to everyone.
Ukitake looks like one of the few captains who is unlikely to be affected by quincy absorption since his shikai just redirects attacks. I am a bit surprised Kubo only has 7 stern ritters and the king as villains though. 13 captains + squad 0 = a lot of good guys. Maybe more villains will arise? I wonder what'll happen with aizen. He's still alive. Would the quincy rescue him? Maybe accidentally release him with the intent to kill him and then he goes to town on them? Would love to see an Aizen vs Quincy fight.
I just joined the forum to throw out something I don't see a lot of people talking about. Notice the language of the nazis. Like purging holy avenger, etc. I am convinced these are either squad 0 or at least were sent by the soul king to purge the shinigami for a reason to later be told. It has already been alluded that the king may be even be evil in the exchange between Aizen and Urahara. We will see Urahara's bankai for sure. Aizen may be released from prison to help(doubtful) or inadventantly released by the nazis. This is going to be intense.
Some things to think about:
1. Remember how much Renji has advanced as shown in the last arc. he insinuated he would be strong enough to face aizen(though he is cocky). Everyone might have an ace up there sleeve.
2. Ishida is out of the picture right now. He is not sitting idly by. The remark from the nazi(sorry i keep saying nazi its just funny and easier than learning the real name) about how it would be impossible for Ishidas arrows to be weaker. Meaning he may be one of the more powerful quincy, but he has not released it properly. And he is going to be capable of all these crazy tricks they are doing. We might see him evolve. (I would love to see an Ishida spin off after he gets crazy powers)
3. Ishida's father probably knows a lot about these people, and maybe even Ichigo's dad and Urahara since they have a little secretive thing going between them. He may be training Ishida in some of the more advanced techniques. The father may even fight on the other side, but Ishida will not and that would be a good dramatic moment.
4. We don't know the extent of Ichigo's powers right now. I am not even sure if he can go hollow. But maybe so, and maybe a new form which could be cool
5. Where the fuck is the Hogyoku? It's going to be a factor in this fight.
Also, I literaly gasped out loud when I saw that hole through Kira. Was not expecting that. He is suck an awesome character, I love when he killed that winged asshole. Almost artful. "Promise me you will never forgive me"
Last edited by unbornmind; May 30, 2012 at 11:48 PM.
Wow...normally I don't make comments since most of the time this manga has gone at a slow pace. But I must say Kubo's putting a good pace so far with this new story arc. I like the way his setting up the invasion of Soul Society! Looking forward to reading the next chapter.