Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Why the hell is there a piece of steak on Wergo's face ? Does he have some of devil fruit power which would both explain Law's suffering and this steak piece holding "by itself" on his face ? Please notice his coat is not full crossed, look at the bottom, and that the "half-steak" happens to be a crossed thing : there may be some connection. That weirdness reminds me of Big Mom's crew by the way even if I don't want to draw any conclusion.
I find Wergo and Law's talk very interesting. The fact he told ironically Law that he is famous now and should adress him as Royal Shichibukai likely means Law was part of that organization and also that Wergo himself is not world famous the same way Law is. It problaby confirms that this is an hidden organization like Baroque Works was because I'm sure Wergo's strenght would have given him the chance to get famous if he wanted to.
The adults is also an interesting term to talk about the other members of the organization before Law. Based on the arc, I guess it is this organization which kidnaps kids to train and then recruit them. That's probably what happened to Law, hence the "Wergo-san" and past story between the two - Wergo may have been his mentor before he became a pirate. Also, this organization has probably gotten an interest in turning "their kids" into berserk giants, that's why they had a deal with Ceasar in the first time. They also care a lot about "their kids" so that they sent Monet to be sure Ceasar wouldn't kill them in his experiments.
Dress Rosa is either a New World island or a place controlled by the organization. Since he said "I just happened", I would go for an island he was on for the organization's business. Don't forget its name because I'm sure we're going to have it back in the story in the near future. The fact it was him who was asked to come and deal with the Straw Hats and G-5 incident means it is really near Punk Hazard.
Also the fact he said the organization will always find out about Law's doing means it is a very powerful organization. It probably has infiltrated the World Government the same way it infiltrated the Marine. I think that man Doflamingo was talking to in Mariejoa is part of this organization just like Joker is.
Wow that Welgo dude looks strong . I can't believe how useless Law was in front of him , he was like a little baby in front of him . I wonder who that "he" Welgo refers to is ? I can think of only 2 options .: Joker or Vegapunk .
On the other hand i'm disappointed in all the SH's . What the hell was that pathetic side that developed in front of my eyes? I can't believe they were all wiped out by CC . No matter how i look at it , CC is weak , the only thing that makes me believe the SH and Smoker were taken out is by the Slime's power . It could be that the Slime has some sort of special ability . But nonetheless i'm so pissed by the fact that they were all defeated and now the DF users will be chained with seastones. The situation can't get worse than that dammit *sigh*
My only hope now is for a fast recovery of Luffy or maybe Zoro &co will get there . Btw i didn't expect that from Kinemon . I was pleasantly surprised seeing he even made Zoro curious with his sword abilities . Maybe he indeed is the only one who can get rid of the Slime
Lol and is it me or Zoro is starting to resemble Luffy more and more . Like that pose with him staying cool with the finger sticking his nose
---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 PM ----------
The Latin word "rosa" is a noun and stands for "rose(s)" though.
Rosa or roso (depends on the gender that is described by the adjective roso or rosa) should be pink also in spanish, italian and maybe even french. so it's obviously not german, but derived from latin and latin languages in german. In russian it's also the same.
Here pink is called "Розева", romanized as Rozeva, indeed it has Latin roots. Side issue.
The pose that Welgo does reminds me of the way CP9 used to stand. Totally badass in every possible way. I am guessing he was somehow allied with the government and that is how he knows Law, it could be shaped in many other ways, for example they both knew each other in a different organization and then joined the government. This whole arc is about former government allies like Caesar and current ones. It would not surprise me if Welgo was a revolutionary of some sort.
just dropping by, not much interested in participating in back and forth anymore. just wanted to post some points.
1. ive been posting long time about the "parallels" of oda eversince the strawhats entered the new world like they entered the grandline....the capturement of smoker and luffy and the baroque works arc and now people mentioning when they said its stupid when i said it before. :/
2. welgo is a part of joker's organization (doflamingo) in my opinion...law is a part of the organization before and joker knew he was there eventhough he is trying to hide it. (well, its obvious, because as it turns out...monet is the spy of joker)
i would rank welgo something like the mister 5 of this arc (i mean the weakest of the strongest officials)
.....and law is acting like the vivi in this arc now (a part of organization with inner motives that got caught and would get helped by luffy)
3. im thinking kinemon wont join the crew now, maybe he would be the key for tashigi and zoro to get new swords, new techniques and for strawhats (and smoker) to enter wano-kuni.
4. dress rosa = whiskey peak (or another stop island before the havana of doflamingo)
5. wano-kuni = little garden (the island which would inspire a strawhat, before it was ussop, in this case for zoro.)...and i think it has been foreshadowed that zoro will use fire in his attacks back in the litte garden arc.
6. welgo = niku niku fruit? meat meat fruit ( i dont know how it would help him though) but he seems to control law's body..
7. chopper will be the hero in this latest predicament of strawhats, thats my guess.
****and with lots of enemies appearing, im guessing luffy,strawhats, law, kinemon and smoker will all join forces in the final battles of this arc/saga.
again, these are my opinions....or maybe im again stupid that i would get banned again for giving my piece.
Last edited by beck26; June 27, 2012 at 05:23 AM.
Loved how Oda cut the defeat of Robin and Co. Seems like you can even beat strong CoA users with enough luck and will to train your ability, yes this is a concession to Caesar. Funny how even Oda used "Mysterious Man" to describe Welgo, we already knew that much. haha At least every little theory of him being Vegapunk, Joker or Kuzan has become nothing but smoke and mirrors. Will he have meat based attacks? Luffy and/or Sanji would be the perfect match-ups with both using CoA.
- People do always disagree or try to denounce theories. Another similarity, both Monet and Robin betrayed their direct masters, CC & Crocodile, so the letter "C" might have been an reference :P.
- That could become an awesome and freaky arc/saga, revealing Doflamingo's secrets with a massive hidden organisation at his command. Maybe Trafalgar's pirate symbol was always a reference to that.
- In relation to your similarity thesis, Kinemon could easily become the Vivi of the New World, especially since Zoro seems quiet interested in the fire cutting technique. Wouldn't it be funny if his reason for learning it was to be able to extinguish Sanji's fire based attacks?
- Sanji's element is fire, Zorro also using it would be ... lame. Roronoa's element had been darkness all along Imo.
How does Rosa having a latin origin stop it from being the german word for pink?
Last edited by Schabrak; June 27, 2012 at 06:10 AM.
The point is that there is probably no reference to German in this case contrary to some other names like the Joue of Sanji attack which is clearly from French.
The chapter was amazing, so much information just dropped. The first time (in a long time) a post-break chapter didn't disappoint! It didn't make sense, Caesar saying something strange is falling from the sky when he's pretty much screamed the slime is his already.
Seems like he also knew Law had betrayed him as well. Zoros interest in Kinemon is great too, he was really amazed when the smoke had cleared. Could this be where all the 'I'd like a fire sword' foreshadowing was leading up to? But teaching his signature technique would cancel him as a potential nakama.
There's definitely some sort of physical thing Wergo has over Law. Law was preparing an attack but dropped his sword and screamed in pain with no movement on Wergos end. I'm slowly leaning more and more towards the Conquerors Haki playing a part
Peace & welcome back to Beck26 fight the power!
Oh and i almost forgot i'm glad to see that Sanji could use Blue Walk while being in Nami's body . He was a little concerned of course but a little use of Blue Walk can be done .
This is exactly why if Zoro would have been the one to go in the lake to get Kinemon't torso he would have failed big time . If Sanji didn't take the risks and use Blue Walk then he would have died .
Since Rosa means Pink in some european languages, and the one known for dressing pink is Doflamingo, I guess we will see him soon as the one behind this. I've always wondered about the similarity between Doflamingos and Laws Flags, now we might get the answer for that.
Kinemon of Foxfire can cut fire. So does that mean that Shiryu of the Rain was educated in Wa no Kuni too, and can cut, as the name suggests Rain (or Water, in general). And Jigoroh of the Wind could cut Wind when he was alive? I am pretty sure that Zorro is going to learn how to cut an element in Wa no Kuni.
Last edited by McNuss; June 27, 2012 at 06:04 AM.
Doesn't anyone find Wergo has exactly this Mr. 5's way of being ?
I don't this "organization" is Doflamingo's even if Dress Rosa echoes to Doflamingo. Dress Rosa could be Doflamingo's island and Wergo simply being there to deal with him for the organization. I think it is a Yonko's because Law said once Ceasar is captured, there is no going back to fight the Yonko they target. Since once Ceasar is captured, this organisation is involved since it deals with him, it would mean this organization itself is involved with a Yonko's. Otherwise, they wouldn't be a going back for the organization but still for the Yonko. Or Doflamingo's organization works for Big Mom for business.
Plus, add the facts this "organization" :
- kidnaps kids - Charlotte Linlin is called Big Mom
- to turn them into large giants - Charlotte Linlin is called Big Mom and is large
- who get berserk - Big Mom gets berserk
- if they don't have their drug candies - if she hasn't got her candies (I guess she is not addicted to drug
Plus, the facts :
- Luffy accepted while smiling Law's Yonko target - he had already declared war on Big Mom
- Wergo is a weirdo with a two-thirds striped bandage on his face and wearing a two-thirds striped coat, and Joker is a weirdo's name - Big Mom Pirates are a bunch of weirdos : Tamago is a surrealist with a cup of tea as a hat, Bobbin has a paper on his face so as to look two-face, Peckoms is a lion-turtle who looks cute when threatening, there is a one three-eyed girl etc...
All that leads and converges to BIG MOM PIRATES !
Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; June 27, 2012 at 06:30 AM.