Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/23/15 - 3/29/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Aizen's Bankai

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs Up Aizen's Bankai

By Far...I Had read.....A LOT of Forums about Aizen's Bankai, but I think there are too much imagination...

My simple theory is there is no bankai.....I remember Urahara's interview to becoming Captain.....so, he has to show it......I think Aizen releases Kioka Suigetsu and fool everybody in room! He was really strong without his sword (Stops Ichigo's Bankai with one finger)!!

So that's it...

I think this forum has the most logical users of all.....so please give your thoughts!

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIZEN'S BANKAI!!!!

Truly I had a similar thought as well. Its plausible and logical for him to have done that. On the other hand, its precisely because he is so strong that he most likely has one.
    Its an upgrade and the strongest fighters have it. For someone so strong (and who has been that way for a considerable amount of time), it wouldn't make sense that he never achieved bankai.
    The thing is, we might never get to see it.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna think this too.....but its very obvious that Aizen despites all the Shinigami means....So, sure! He can really achieve Bankai...but he is too much Arrogant for not too show.....

I had read so many post with ridiculous comments about this particular topic so thanks for not be one of them!!!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen's whole game is based around "surpassing the limits of Shingami". He needed the hougoyoku because he has reached the pinnacle of his Shinigami powers and could progress no further using conventional means. If he doesn't have a bankai, it would mean that he's nowhere close to mastering his shinigami powers. It would make no logical sense for him to be talking about "surpassing limit" in that case.

So no, I think Aizen most definitely has a bankai, and it could be something that is 10x more broken than his shikai, but requires far tougher conditions to activate. Maybe that's why he's refrained from using it for now.
    我是馬甲我怕誰?

7. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All I gotta say is that if my shikai was as OP as Aizen's I would not even bother with using a bankai, what would be the point?

He was pwning Captains with his base power level and shikai alone, no need in using a bankai, especially after his fusion with the Hougkyou.

But I'm 100% sure he has one, its just that he never had a need to use it.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen's Bankai

Exactly he's never had to and maybe would never need to. Probably.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I think he may only be able to use his bankai once in a while like one of the former kenpachis

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I said this before. Aizen make it clear: He has reached the limit of his shinigami self and he was AT SHIKAI only.

So Aizen does not have a bankai.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd think Aizen has a Bankai. Given the way he excelled in every Shinigami skill, it would be strange if he was somehow unable to master Bankai. It seems to me that unlocking Bankai is the prerequisite for a Shinigami to achieve a certain level of power. Bankai is the representation of a Shinigami's mastery over their powers, and mastering their powers is the only way they can become strong. Zaraki is the only exception, but he's a freak. Aizen's more conventional in that he knows Shinigami skills like Shunpo, Kido, etc. And like I said, for him to be that good at everything except mastering his own Zanpakuto wouldn't really make sense.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    I said this before. Aizen make it clear: He has reached the limit of his shinigami self and he was AT SHIKAI only.

So Aizen does not have a bankai.

That's what he said but he was just a little exhausted/worn out. He's too lazy to try as he's used to pawning everyone.

IIRC he was beginning to slow down a little and Isshin taunted him before he retorted saying he was at the limit as a shinigami, then he evolved. Its not everyones bankai that makes them stronger. His shikai for example adds nothing to his own strength/fighting ability. Ichibei's bankai is completely useless if he hasn't sprayed ink on the opponent from his shikai (atleast that's what was shown).
    Using that as an example, if ichibei is fighting with shikai and failed to get ink on the opponent, by the time he gets exhausted or starts slowing down, its logical for him to say that's his limit because activating bankai would mean nothing.

That said, Aizen wasn't using shikai then (against the kurosaki's). If his bankai requires the one to have fallen under KS hypnosis, then it would have been useless.

Another example is soi fon, if she's fighting against a fast opponent, activating bankai would not only slow her down but present a massive handicap. Thus if her shikai doesn't suffice (although she has shunko), she would also say its her limit.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what his Bankai would be? Supposedly a Bankai powers must be of the same nature as a Shikai, but we have seen some interesting differences with some Shianigamis. Gremmy's power (turning imagination into reality) would fits Aizen perfectly, but that has already been used.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    That said, Aizen wasn't using shikai then (against the kurosaki's). If his bankai requires the one to have fallen under KS hypnosis, then it would have been useless.
    I am tempted to believe that's the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

17. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what he said but he was just a little exhausted/worn out. He's too lazy to try as he's used to pawning everyone.
    No. It is what it is. He was at the limit of his shinigami self. Didn't even use Bankai. If your limit is without bankai, then you are without bankai.

Another example is soi fon, if she's fighting against a fast opponent, activating bankai would not only slow her down but present a massive handicap. Thus if her shikai doesn't suffice (although she has shunko), she would also say its her limit.
    Wrong. She used bankai against Barragan. She didn't give up just because her shikai was ineffective.

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    I'd think Aizen has a Bankai. Given the way he excelled in every Shinigami skill, it would be strange if he was somehow unable to master Bankai. It seems to me that unlocking Bankai is the prerequisite for a Shinigami to achieve a certain level of power. Bankai is the representation of a Shinigami's mastery over their powers, and mastering their powers is the only way they can become strong. Zaraki is the only exception, but he's a freak. Aizen's more conventional in that he knows Shinigami skills like Shunpo, Kido, etc. And like I said, for him to be that good at everything except mastering his own Zanpakuto wouldn't really make sense.
    It doesn't have to make sense. What you are doing is just plain denial on what Aizen already admitted. He was at his limit as a shinigami. That includes all the things he learned, including his zan. No bankai. Already at the limit. Still no bankai.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

^ You're ignoring the context of that statement though. Isshin asked if Aizen had hit his limit as a taunt, and Aizen replied that he had hit his limit as a Shinigami to indicate that he was about to become something else. It was nothing but clever double talk, along the lines of "you already died 100 years ago" and "reason exists for those who can't go on without it". Not everything is meant to be taken literally.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toby_Temple View Post
    No. It is what it is. He was at the limit of his shinigami self. Didn't even use Bankai. If your limit is without bankai, then you are without bankai.

Wrong. She used bankai against Barragan. She didn't give up just because her shikai was ineffective.
    I said if she was going up against a fast person for example, using bankai would put her at a greater disadvantage.

There's also yoruichi who never even uses a zan despite the fact that she has achieved bankai. There's the issue of both isshin, urahara and the other gotei captains/vizards that achieved bankai but didn't use them even after they were beaten.

And I gave example of how Ichibei's bankai.

Also aizen wasn't even at his limit. The fight had simply degraded to a point where his opponent was trading equal blows with him and not aizen overwhelming everyone as usual.

You already know how aizen talks. Against komamura, he stated how his definition of power differs from theirs and went on to demonstrate by pawning them.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

It makes no sense whatsoever for Aizen to claim that he has reached his limits as a Shinigami without even mastering Bankai. That'd mean he would be light years away from mastering Shinigami arts at that time, as well. Not denying the possibility, but it makes no sense, regardless. However conceited he might be, Aizen never skipped his calculative approach till he was transcended and he fell into a false sense of security, after all.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast