Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/16/15 - 2/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014

View Poll Results: Who is better?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yhwach

14 28.57%
  • Aizen

28 57.14%
  • Can't decide, both have their own merits

7 14.29%
New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's the better villain, Yhwach or Aizen?

Cosmic Inflation 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Who's the better villain, Yhwach or Aizen?

Well, Yhwach is in Royal Dimension and on his way to dethrone the Soul King, something which Aizen couldn't come close. His army also did considerable damage in SS, Yamamoto being one of the chief casualties. He also has historical significance as far as we know, he even seems to be acquainted with the Royal Guards. On the other hand, arguably Yhwach lacks the charisma Aizen had, and I guess Aizen's arrancars such as Grimmjow or Ulquiorra made a stronger impact on the readers.

So what do you think? Who is the better villain overall?

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who's the better villain, Yhwach or Aizen?

Aizen. Although he messed up due to his arrogance, his initial planning was much more intricate, whereas Bach has been pretty much brute forcing his way through since the very beginning.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Yhwach is pretty boring as an antagonist. I can't say I'm particularly invested in him as a villain. Aizen....Aizen was a master manipulator. He was annoying at times. However, he could always evoke a reaction. The same can't be said for Yhwach, I'm just not that into him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Ywach is super boring. The only thing interesting about him is his part in the history of the spirit world. Everything else about him is lacking. Aizen actually had a personality and he was just so damn cool. I'd believe Aizen was a god before Ywach.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zimbardo's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen's first reveal was epic - almost a Klark Kent glasses removal style entrance, but slightly more sinister...

The only really annoying thing about Aizen was his Mystic Meg style "I knew you would do that, so I did this", followed closely by "AHA! I knew you knew I would do that, to counter what I had just done, so I did this instead!"
    "You countered that as well?!? Well, no matter, it was all an illusion - you didn't stab me at all - FUCK YOU HINAMORI"

It gets a bit repetitive when repeated over and over...

That said, I still feel he is superior to Bach.
    Bach just seems a bit plain to me. He is just a powerhouse, an Aizen 2.0 almost.
    Isn't it beautiful?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course aizen unless kubo shows more to ywach than what we already know... I also think they are at the same strength if not aizen being stronger.... This being a more arbitrary.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Yhwach is an ok villain. Aizen was just annoying.
    Last edited by Fox666; November 15, 2014 at 07:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zimbardo View Post
    Aizen's first reveal was epic - almost a Klark Kent glasses removal style entrance, but slightly more sinister...

The only really annoying thing about Aizen was his Mystic Meg style "I knew you would do that, so I did this", followed closely by "AHA! I knew you knew I would do that, to counter what I had just done, so I did this instead!"
    "You countered that as well?!? Well, no matter, it was all an illusion - you didn't stab me at all - FUCK YOU HINAMORI"

It gets a bit repetitive when repeated over and over...

That said, I still feel he is superior to Bach.
    Bach just seems a bit plain to me. He is just a powerhouse, an Aizen 2.0 almost.
    I actually didn't mind it, because, aside from giving us a great meme, Aizen did it with such personality and swarmyness, it was funny. Ywach has done it a few times already and it really isn't entertaining. For Ywach to really be an Aizen 2.0, he'd need to be incredibly entertaining.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Ywhach has style, I like him. As far as which one I like better, I would say Aizen, by just enough. Even though Aizen get's annoying sometimes.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't decide, both have their merits...

Aizen got a great introduction and then the mystery behind him added to his character. Yhwach is kind of the opposite, he basically came out of nowhere without even a hint of his existence in previous arcs, but the key thing seems to be his apparent history with SS.

Personality-wise, Aizen was great at the time, but honestly I like Yhwach partly for how different he is in certain ways. Still a little bit manipulative, but more straightforward and brutal. Kind of rude too. Even the rough-looking lumberjack-'tached look is a nice change of pace from the suave guy look Aizen had and every single filler villain + Tsukishima copied. I'm liking Yhwach, don't find myself missing Aizen at all. Honestly I think we got exactly enough Aizen for a while, much as I always liked him I feel like he'd have gotten stale by now if we didn't get a good break from him.

But Yhwach needs to do more and show more. History with SS isn't really enough to put him over Aizen yet.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Seirei57's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been here for a bit..but in my opinion it will always be Aizen. Aizen had everything planned up until he lost his focus at the end of Decide. Even though Ywach is in the RR now and has manage to out do Aizen in that regards; he is in no way any comparison to Aizen. Ywach is ruthless and psychotic; he trample on others to get what he need...not to say that Aizen isn't with blame either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll put it simply.

Aizen is more interesting and actually keeps the readers interested.

and

Bach is a lot more boring and less interesting than Aizen, but unlike Aizen he actually got a lot done during his war with SS and is succeeding in ways Aizen failed.

So it would depend on what your definition of "better villain" is.

If its a villain that is more interesting and cool and has a good storyline surrounding him than Aizen would obviously be the best bet.

But if its the villain that is more sinister and is getting the job done with taking out the good guys left and right and is actually succeeding in all his goals than Bach seems the best.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Bach's better if you compare the results of his attack vs Aizen's.

Aizen relied on the hogyokou, which betrayed him in the end.

Bach is relying on his own power and his return made him through the Royal Realm, something Aizen also tried to do but failed.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

The only reason why Bach could make it that far is because he didn't have to face a powered-up protagonist yet, so, not enough of a reason to put Bach ahead of Aizen in that sense.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toby_Temple's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    The only reason why Bach could make it that far is because he didn't have to face a powered-up protagonist yet, so, not enough of a reason to put Bach ahead of Aizen in that sense.
    That is completely wrong.

Aizen wasting his time in Korakura town testing out his new powers and not making a way to break into the RR versus Bach using Ichigo as some kind of can opener.

Bach took his time, a thousand years, to really prepare. Aizen was so effing arrogant he thought like a few years of prep is enough.
    NO to KUROSAKI ICHIGO USING a BOW!!!

New Reply
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast