Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/22/15 - 6/28/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
New Reply

Thread: The man other than the soul king that resides inside the soul king palace

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member henhead's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The man other than the soul king that resides inside the soul king palace

I can't help but ponder about the identity of the guy that asked, "Are you awake, Soul King Sama?" I can't find any linking between this man and anyone else within this manga. Could this man be the only man strong enough to directly address the soul king sama like a royal servant? Or is he simply an insignificant servant that sweeps the floors and delivers wine to Soul king like Sternritter B's personal lady servant (the one that asked Stern. B about his feelings towards Uryuu being the next successor of Bach)? I hope it's not the latter. But based off what happened already in the manga so far, SK got stabbed. Of course there is the possiblity that it wasn't actually the real SK that got stabbed, etc etc.

But just in case there is a detail I failed to notice, could it be there is someone stronger than even Ichibei that is guarding the SK? I'm leaning more towards the answer "no" because Ichibei stated to Ichigo that Ichigo is the only person left to stop bach. But there is something about this statement that brings up a question to me. The soul king (possibly fake, etc) got stabbed before Ichigo and company arrived. It didn't happen at the same time because otherwise Ichigo and friends would've been alarmed by the massive explosion that was making it's way towards the SK palace. What this could possibly imply is that the SK we see getting stabbed isn't the real one. Either the Kamikake has something to do with protecting the real SK, or maybe the servant we saw when we Kubo revealed the SK for the first time has something to do with it. Or maybe the SK evaded death with his own powers. Maybe this unknown servant might be the strongest despite not being he leader of the shinigami, yet Ichibei knows that even this servants power is not enough to stop Bach. I dunno. Just a thought.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The man other than the soul king that resides inside the soul king palace

Well, it kinda seems like the royal palace does have a population of people that are neither the soul king or the royals. It makes sense, having 5 entire cities for 6 people would be kinda ridiculous and unbearably boring for the ones unfortunate enough to live there. Also, remember kirinji's training. There were two other dudes alongside kirnji. They are probably variations of the nobles that live at sereitei except with an overall higher standing since they live in the same realm as the soul king.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member NoOneInParticular's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that guy was a guard of any sort, just an attendant. After all it's kind of beneath the RG to be working as butlers as well. The palace itself looks pretty big, so I wonder what else is actually in there, if anything.

I also wonder about all the other people living in the RR. There are 5 towns just floating there, so who lives in them? Just servants of the RG? Nobles? Just citizens who happen to live there? Also I wonder about the strength of people living in the RR, like the guards Shutara brought with her to confront Yhwach. Although those guys didn't seem human (or Shinigami) at all.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I completely overlooked that. So far the towns of the RG's seem like ghost towns. Theres not even a single drawing of any other life other than the Rg's and their helpers. It makes sense that the most noble/holy? folks would end up residing near the SK. But than again, the towns that were shown up close (when Sternritter X destroyed the 5 towns) were fakes that Sternritter X shot down. What I wonder now is whatever happened to those soldats Bach released to raze the SK's towns/palace when he first stepped foot into SK's domain. Maybe those soldats are battling other special non-rg soldiers within those 5 towns.

I have a feeling we might see the Rg's up and running with their own "Auschwalen" as Ichibei calls out their name. Hopefully this and the whereabouts of the SK district citizen's and Bach's soldats are reveiled soon.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the towns are just filled with the RG's helpers - farmers in Hikifune's town, healers in Kirinji, Asauchi and Zanpakuto ladies in Nimaiya's, those soldier in Shutara's, and maybe a whole order of monks in Ichibei's. I wonder why those towns would even be there to begin with? It's funny that there are 5 towns, one for each RG, when as far as we know there haven't always been 5 RG. Before Hikifune was promoted, was there just no one ruling the 5th town? And if anyone else ever got promoted, where would they go?
    Maybe each town was created specifically for each RG when they moved into the realm. It's possible each town exists as nothing but a personalised palace for each member, built specifically to house people and things that help with each RG's duties.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NoOneInParticular View Post
    Maybe the towns are just filled with the RG's helpers - farmers in Hikifune's town, healers in Kirinji, Asauchi and Zanpakuto ladies in Nimaiya's, those soldier in Shutara's, and maybe a whole order of monks in Ichibei's. I wonder why those towns would even be there to begin with? It's funny that there are 5 towns, one for each RG, when as far as we know there haven't always been 5 RG. Before Hikifune was promoted, was there just no one ruling the 5th town? And if anyone else ever got promoted, where would they go?
    Maybe each town was created specifically for each RG when they moved into the realm. It's possible each town exists as nothing but a personalised palace for each member, built specifically to house people and things that help with each RG's duties.
    I'd argue that it is more like that kirio simply replaced some other royal guard. It wouldn't be weird if they could make a town each time a royal guard gets there though.

Towns filled with helpers seems a tad much though. A town full of farmers makes sense although not a town full of healers. A town exclusively for zampakuto would seem to serve little purpose... I guess ichibei could have a town filled by monks. A town filled by people doing whatever it is shutara does seems unnecessary too.

Did we even see nimaiya's city? It kinda looked like they were someplace else. I guess it could be the case that the towns are even larger than they appear. The royals have some undisclosed duties as far as we know and it was said somewhere (either the manga or databook IIRC) that the royals have the duty to take care of menos.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kid Chameleone's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I'd argue that it is more like that kirio simply replaced some other royal guard. It wouldn't be weird if they could make a town each time a royal guard gets there though.

Towns filled with helpers seems a tad much though. A town full of farmers makes sense although not a town full of healers. A town exclusively for zampakuto would seem to serve little purpose... I guess ichibei could have a town filled by monks. A town filled by people doing whatever it is shutara does seems unnecessary too.

Did we even see nimaiya's city? It kinda looked like they were someplace else. I guess it could be the case that the towns are even larger than they appear. The royals have some undisclosed duties as far as we know and it was said somewhere (either the manga or databook IIRC) that the royals have the duty to take care of menos.
    friends and family? nah, probably more noble clans that reached such a high social standing they could live next to the king

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post

I don't know, I'd think given the requirements for RG promotion (assuming they've always been the same) a member of the RG isn't someone who can just be replaced. Their inventions and skills are supposed to be something indispensable. Of course they might just age and die, but I guess that depends on how far back the Soul King's establishment goes.

You're right that none of the RG seem to even need more than a few people to help them in their duties, if any. Nimaiya's Zanpakuto ladies don't seem to fulfil any purpose besides making the place look nice, except for those 5 who help him forge. They might not be helpers as such, just subordinates of the RG who keep them busy and entertained and do odd jobs for them. People who aren't necessary, they just make the place nicer for the RG to live in. Nimaiya had that extravagant palace that was a complete facade, his real palace was a hovel on a cliff and the forge beneath the waterfall. Similarly the towns might be nothing but decoration for the RG.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Welp! It looks like that attendant I was talking about is....dead! Moderator, please close this thread please thank you ^_^

New Reply