March 07, 2012 06:35 PM
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Seeking screentoner and artist for manga parody webcomic! [unpaid online collab]
Hey! Like the sound of the synopsis above? Would you be interested in helping to make this comic a reality? Then read on
Domino Disaster is a manga parody created by Catalytic Productions, a group of assorted individuals working together to create webcomics for fun and experience. We are in need of a screentoner and an artist to help us continue the project. Here are the particulars:
• We are not offering paid work. We don’t make any money from what we do, so we can’t offer a wage to any of our members. This may put some people off, but it’s important to make it clear now so that there are no misunderstandings later :3
• The script is all done and dusted, although we welcome any additional artistic input, and you’re free to make the pages look however you want. The more creative, the better!
• We have designs for the main characters for you to work from; inking and lettering is also taken care of, so all that’s needed are pencils and tones.
• We originally had an artist working on the project who drew 11 pages before she left, the first two of which you can see above (the cover was drawn by a separate artist). These are all inked, but they need toning. If you’d like to take a look at them, we’ll gladly send them on request.
• The comic is in three parts of roughly 20 pages each, so all in all it runs to about 60 pages. Yes, it is a long project, and we’d really like whoever applies to be prepared to stick with us for the long haul.
• The up-side is that we have a deal with an online magazine called My Gaia to serialise the comic, which will also be featured on our site (above). My Gaia prints every three months and they expect about three pages per issue, which really isn’t a tough deadline at all. Of course, if you’d rather do the comic faster, we have no complaints about that
• They also have a readership of around 1000 people, and we will gladly arrange for them to plug whatever personal projects or sites you would like in their ‘zine, as well as featuring the links on our website.
It’s also worth adding that we are a friendly, easy-going bunch of people, and if real life gets in the way of studio work then we are prepared to be flexible. All we ask of our members is just a reasonable amount of activity and the ability to keep to some not-so-strenuous deadlines (see above).
If you’re interested in working with us or have any other questions, please reply here, PM us or send an email to email@example.com
Thanks for reading!
Last edited by CatalyticProd; March 07, 2012 at 06:40 PM.
July 21, 2012 03:40 PM
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Re: Seeking screentoner and artist for manga parody webcomic! [unpaid online collab]