Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/6/15 - 4/12/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
■TV Show: Faith
■Revised romanization: Shinui
■Director: Kim Jong-Hak
■Writer: Song Ji-Na
■Episodes: 16? 24?
■Release Date: August 13, 2012 --
■Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 20:55
■Country: South Korea
"Faith" shows the love between a warrior from the Goryeo Period and a female doctor from the present day, their love transcending time and space.
---------- Post added August 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was July 29, 2012 at 03:04 PM ----------
What do I think about the first episode of Faith? It was good.
- The intro of the episode was pretty cool. It was a nice way to introduce us to the series and to let us know from the very beginning that this is a fantasy drama.
- Choi Yeong ~ LMH was awesome!! It was very funny seeing CY dealing with the stuff from modern life, he definitely gave a new meaning to crossing a street. The part that kind of shocked me was when he cut the neck of that security guard… I wasn’t expecting that at all!
- The fights in this episode were pretty cool! Although quite bloody, I must admit that the scene when the queen got hurt was very good.
- About the female lead…I don’t love her…but I don’t hate her either…hopefully my fondness of her will grow as I watch the next episodes.
Random Note: The part where the female lead is stitching the guard’s neck made me feel kind of queasy.
---------- Post added August 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was August 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM ----------
Episode 2 was waaaaaaay better than episode 1; it was a very good episode.
- The queen’s operation made me a bit queasy but the scene that let me open-mouthed was the scene in which CY allowed himself to be stabbed by ES because he wasn’t able to return her to her world, and most importantly, he wasn’t able to keep his promise.
- The action in this series is great! Sometimes I feel as if I’m watching a live-action version of Naruto or some kind of ninja series.
- ES…this episode made me like her. She was funny and I liked her attitude during the scenes after CY got stabbed by her.
- I still don’t quite get the whole deal with the king and the queen, the only thing that I have clear is that she married him by force for the sake of her kingdom and his.
- I don’t like the king very much; I like the queen better so I’m glad she is alive and that she is better now.
- The king’s advisor is despicable; I don’t like him at all!!
- I don’t remember his name but I like the young ninja who brought all of the stuff ES needed to perform CY’s surgery. I think his loyalty and devotion to CY is cute. He is like a cute younger brother.
Random Note: The doctor, JB, also has cool magic powers! His way of fighting was cool!
---------- Post added August 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was August 25, 2012 at 10:55 PM ----------
I’m pretty much all caught up with all the six episodes that have aired so far and after watching them …I’m now completely sold on this K-drama.
- Faith gets better and better with each new episode.
- ES…I like her a bit more now.
- CY…he is awesome!! I felt so sad when learning about how he became a royal guard, that part of episode 5 (or was it 4?) was very hard to watch.
- Even though they are not the main protagonists, the characters I have grown fond of in this series and that I find myself looking forward to their appearances in the episodes and to the interactions between them are the King and the Queen. I really like the Queen and I like the King way more than when I began watching this series (I understand his character better now). I this couple!! I know this series is supposed to be all about ES and CY, but I can’t help but root for the King and the Queen. As of right now they are my favorite couple in this K-drama.
- Random Note: Maybe I’m totally wrong but sometimes I get the feeling that there could be a potential love triangle…CY – ES - Doctor …or CY – ES – the villain of the story.
---------- Post added September 15, 2012 at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was August 29, 2012 at 10:59 PM ----------
- This drama gets better and better with every episode.
- I must admit that I wasn’t expecting for ES’s name to be written in that journal…I’m utterly curious about the connection between ES and Hwata…moreover, what do those numbers of the journal mean?
- The King and the Queen are so cute! It is obvious that they both love each other, so I’m happy that the misunderstandings and fights between them have diminished and that they both are now realizing how much they care for each other, especially the King.
- ES and CY…this pairing didn’t win me over from the start but my fondness of it has gradually increased with each ep, so much that now I find myself rooting for ES x CY.
- KC is despicable!! He is an awesome villain, but he is so, so, so cruel and mean.
- White-haired boy seems to like Fire Girl, but I don’t think she feels the same way. Btw, wow…that is loyalty, pleasing your pledged brother even if it makes your ear bleed.
Looking forward to the next ep!!
Fangirl Note: I CY’s new look! He looks great!
---------- Post added September 23, 2012 at 08:38 PM ---------- Previous post was September 15, 2012 at 07:58 PM ----------
- The King and the Queen, they are so, so incredibly cute! I like how they are getting closer and closer with each episode. I really love this couple.
- Just like I can’t really pinpoint when CY fell in love with ES and ES with CY, I can’t say when I began liking this pairing so much. I in every one of the CY x ES moments we had during this episode.
- KC is very, very powerful and strong. He was butchering CY with such an ease. But it is a good thing that despite being so strong he has one weakness and ironically his weakness is his own power, using his freezing power debilitates him greatly.
- It is really sad that this series doesn’t get the support and love it deserves. It is such a good series, I enjoy watching every episode of it and I’m always looking forward to the next.
Last edited by destiny4ever; August 29, 2012 at 11:06 PM.
Episode 13 and 14
- Even though this drama is based on actual characters and facts, I love how you never know what to expect with each new ep. There’s always a new surprise/development/cliffhanger with each new episode that rolls our way.
- I so love the main couples of this K-drama, I love how these two relationships have developed during these 14 episodes. They both started from zero but now they are .
- As KC said, “he summoned the tiger to catch the fox”. The king’s uncle is a very interesting character and I get the feeling he is more cunning and lethal than KC himself.
- I’m so looking forward to the next episode!
---------- Post added October 08, 2012 at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was September 28, 2012 at 08:55 PM ----------
Episode 15 and episode 16
- This drama gets better and better with each episode.
- DH is way more dangerous, despicable and cunning than KC. It was very interesting to see, even if it was for a brief moment, DH vs. KC.
- So it seems ES is the ancient doctor?
- The ES x CY and N x G moments in ep 15 and 16 were awesome, especially in episode 16!
- I seriously believe that if Faith was a manga/manhwa or an anime, I really believe it would be a very popular series but since it is a K-drama not a lot of people give it the attention it deserves, and the sad part is that those people are missing out on an awesome series.
- BTW, I found some very cool images of how the characters of Faith would look like if it was a manga/manhwa, here are the pics:
I don’t know who the artist behind those fanarts is but they sure are great!
des just quick question I dont like when doramas go toooo much into history, like is it hardcore history dorama or you kinda dont notice it that much? Was about to watch it but that history aspect always stops me
While the history aspect is part of the series, it is not the core of the series. History meeting fantasy, that is how I would describe “Faith”.
I totally recommend you this K-drama lawlett-kun! It is my current favorite drama. It is a fantasy drama that has action, romance, suspense, drama, comedy. It is about love, friendship, politics, human nature; it has all the right components of an awesome drama.
The acting is awesome and the OST is fantastic! The story gets better and better with every single episode, every episode has a new development, a new surprise; I have enjoyed all of the episodes of this K-drama and I have become a huge fan of it.
So don’t let the history aspect of this series turn you away and do give this K-drama a try.
Ah. I have just realized that this is Min Ho's new sageuk drama I read about when I finished watching City Hunter. I'm such a fail. At that point I truly thought that I wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately my mood of watching Korean drama died out and I'm switching to anime and Japanese drama lately, LOL~ Also I'm not a huge fan of sageuk drama, not sure if I can finish it out properly. But since it's Min Ho, and since I quite like his character in City Hunter as lawlett said, I suppose I can give it a try too. After my mood of anime and J-drama died out, of course, hahaha~
How long is it exactly, des-chan? Is it the usual 24 episodes?
I remember when they were still filming it,LMH said that its xtremely hard to act in these clothes~
---------- Post added October 13, 2012 at 06:32 PM ---------- Previous post was October 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM ----------
One of my favorite episodes!! The CY x ES moments in this episode were wonderful~ I don’t know when, I have a vague idea as the how, but one thing is sure CY is deeply in love with ES and ES is deeply in love with CY. When I began watching this drama I wasn’t a huge fan of CY x ES but during this episode I realized that I have become a big fan of this pairing, that’s why I had a big fangirly smile on my face when I saw the kiss that happened at the end of this ep. That kiss reminded of the kiss in Personal Taste, and that is another one of my favorite kisses in the dramaverse.
This drama just keeps getting better and better, I can’t wait to watch the next episode!
Just catching up with this new k-drama also.
Just saw this cute caricature of the characters of faith.
Until what episode have you watched so far?
So cute! ^_^ That pic reminded me of some pics I posted some weeks ago:Quote:
I don’t know if it is like that with all the K-dramas but Faith does have a lot of fanarts.
---------- Post added October 22, 2012 at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was October 18, 2012 at 08:59 PM ----------
Episodes 19 and 20
- While I was very happy about all the sweet and wonderful moments that our main couples (CY x ES and G x N) had in episode 19, my heart broke into little pieces watching all the painful moments that G x N had to go through in episode 20. The only relief that came from watching those heartbreaking moments was the fact that G showed us the deepness and greatness of his love for N.
- G’s uncle is despicable, he is so evil!! I’m worried about the KC-DH alliance that has been renewed, that pair is up to no good I’m sure, especially now that KC thinks ES lied to him about the heavenly world.
- On a brighter note, ES looked so cute in her wooldachi outfit.
---------- Post added October 24, 2012 at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was October 22, 2012 at 09:28 PM ----------
With only three more episode left ( I need to watch ep 22) and with things not getting brighter (in fact thing are only getting darker and darker with each new ep) I do wonder if a happy ending is still possible for this series. I know the G x N pairing won’t have a happy ending but…what about ES and CY…will they have a happy ending?
- Episode 21 was just as sad (maybe a bit more) as episode 20. I wasn’t expecting for the doctor to die in this episode so I was very sad with that development ( I read that the actor who played the part of the doctor had to leave the drama because of an eye injury, I hope it wasn’t something very serious and that he is okay now).
- The scene of ES and the wooldachi was the only funny thing in this episode, she was so cute during that scene. ^_^
- Amidst all the sad and tension-filled moments that we had in this episode, the G x N and ES x CY scenes were very sweet. They were like a ray of hope among all the problems that our main characters are going through.
- KC and DH that duo is very dangerous, evil and I hope they get what they deserve before this drama ends.
oh my godddddd~Just cought up....
CY and ES are great! The story is great as well.Quote:
I didn’t like the King very much at the beginning but it grew on me and now I like him. The queen and king couple if my OTP in this K-drama.Quote:
The post you read…I was actually referring to another K-drama I’m also watching. Maybe it is wishful thinking but I still have hope of a happy ending for ES and CY. NG and G won’t have a happy ending so I couple that at least one of the couple do get the happy ending it deserves.Quote:
It is not very clear yet, but I think she time-traveled before but she doesn’t remember.Quote:
---------- Post added November 04, 2012 at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was October 29, 2012 at 08:32 PM ----------
Episode 24 – Final Episode
I’m really going to miss this K-drama. I’m not exaggerating when I’m saying this is one of the best K-dramas of 2012.
The last episode was great! The way in which the writers tied all the loose ends was very clever, it didn’t leave you feeling puzzled, rather everything made sense and after watching it I was wondering why I hadn’t thought about it, well at least I did guess that ES had done some time-traveling before.
DB’s death was a very sad moment, I didn’t want for another good guy to die in this episode.
CY was wonderful and this episode made me like him even more , this episode also made me fonder of the CY and ES couple, their love really transcended time, it was that strong.
KC, a great villain, extremely cruel and crazy but a great villain nonetheless; it was his greed what killed him and his friend in the end.
Noguk, loved her, she was wonderful. N x G couple was my OTP, but after episode 24, I love N x G and E x C in the same way so I can’t pick a favorite anymore.
I enjoyed watching this K-drama a lot and I completely recommend it to all my fellow drama fans.
Last edited by destiny4ever; October 29, 2012 at 08:36 PM.
Finally managed to watch Faith, ohoho~
Honestly, I didn't really like the fantasy point. I said it in the Asian Drama thread that I think it would've been better if the only fantasy part is the time travel. Other than that I love the cast. LMH did a great job portraying a soldier (seen that since his play in City Hunter). Kim Eun Hee (if I remember correctly, is the actress of Eun Sung) also did a good job in being a funny and strange doctor. Their chemistry worked, in my opinion, despite being 10 years age apart. The king and queen also became my favorite despite their annoying relationship in the beginning. It always makes me happy how a character can grow stronger and better as the plot grows, and both showed that part well. Now their theme song is one of my current favorite songs, LOL~
Special thumbs up for actor of Ki Cheol. He did it brilliantly, IMO. When I searched about him, turns out his background was from theater or musical or something like that. He is clearly experienced. Well done. I totally loved that scene where he and Choi Young went to see the king's uncle and 'worked together'. That was very lovely.
The ending.. well, I had expected something happier, but I didn't mind it to end that way, as long as they can still be together.
All in all, it was quite a fun journey. The series deepened my love for Min Ho, and since it has something related to medicine, I feel rather touched as well to look at Eun Sung like that. ^^