Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/23/15 - 3/1/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: Bleach 617 by BadKarma , One Piece 777 by cnet128 , Gintama 531 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Yuri Kuma Arashi

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Yuri Kuma Arashi

Episodes: 12
    Airing Date: Jan 6, 2015
    Producers: FUNimation Entertainment, Silver Link
    Genres: Shoujo Ai

Synopsis

Some time ago, the asteroid Kumaria exploded in the depths of space.

The resulting fragments became a meteor shower that rained down on Earth, and for some reason, bears all over the world rose up and attacked humanity! In "Man vs. Bear," the bears ate the humans and the humans shot the bears, resulting in a seemingly unending battle and a cycle of hatred. In the end, a giant "Wall of Extinction" was erected between the humans and bears and a state of mutual nonaggression came to pass...

The human world.

One morning, Arashigaoka Academy students Kureha Tsubaki and Sumika Izumino were by themselves and saw the "Yuri Flower" that bloomed in a flower bed. The two are friends as well as lovers. The flower bed is an important place to the two. At that moment, the Bear Alarms ring out! The bears are invading the human world, and humans are being attacked! Are they really those bears? One mystery invokes yet another mystery, one after another. The curtain rises magnificently on Yuri Kuma Arashi!

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yuri Kuma Arashi

...It was odd but pretty good. Lot of things are incomprehensible for now, especially the Life trio, the bears are cute.

After watching this episode I realized how good the tittle of the anime is .

---------- Post added January 20, 2015 at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was January 06, 2015 at 05:52 PM ----------

Bears are everywhere.

Episode is enjoyable but I don't understand what they are trying to do...Especially the last minutes.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

A fascinating episode. I wonder how the bears can be this patient, though.
    I wouldn't actually be surprised if the number of girls in bear disguise kept going up at this point.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hakuteiken View Post
    A fascinating episode. I wonder how the bears can be this patient, though.
    I wouldn't actually be surprised if the number of girls in bear disguise kept going up at this point.
    Do you understand the calls, transformations and stuff? Because I am really confused.

Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    Do you understand the calls, transformations and stuff? Because I am really confused.
    Basically, it's the same style of repetitive symbolism used in Mawaru Penguindrum.
    I don't think there is much to look for in calls and whatnot, but bear to girl transformation is quite possibly linked to the opening talk from the bears at the beginning of each episode, about how they wanted to overcome the walls and become friends with humans.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

That said, as in Penguindrum, if we are to get anything concrete out of this symbolism, it's likely to be down the road, near the end.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The prince was such a badass, how did he get killed by a bee?

It's still hard to understand and crazy but it was good forLulu and Ginko's characters. It means that Ginko and Kureha met before the erection of the wall.

Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

It almost looked like Ginko and Kureha's mother had some sort of connection, since they happen to have the same necklace. Could she possibly be the one who killed the mother?
    I doubt it's the case since she seems to be holding onto the item as if it's precious.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Just watched Episodes 5-6. I thought that what Ginko wanted was to eat Kureha because she smells good but she was simply in love, and they need the permission of the Life Trio to eat her enemies. I think I have a vague idea of what is the Invisible Storm now. She let Sumika dies but it won't be a problem if nobody learns the truth, of course things can't be that simple.

Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, the rest of the girls simply label one as "evil", ostracize her from their circle, and leave her doomed at the hands of the Invisible Storm. This is pretty much the same as how things progressed in Mawaru Penguindrum.
    Ginko is here to meet Kureha, for the "Promise Kiss". Lulu can no longer get one herself or she considers, for what she had done to her brother in the past, so, she wants to help Ginko get hers. I feel like it's just her repentance in the end, and Ginko's pursuit of love.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Now Kureha is the one with weird dreams . The series is getting better, of all things I certainly didn't expect Lulu(she is adorable BTW ) to learn about Ginko's sin thanks to a letter.

How could Kureha appear during a war with bears like that, is she a Goddesss? The biggest mystery is how she lost her memories, her mother was alive back then.

Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think she learned about the sin with the letter. She probably already knows about it, but there is someone else who is aware of this sin and is after Ginko, and from her reaction, I think Lulu also knows this person (bear).

It was the aftermath of the war. She basically wandered around the battlefield once everything was done. Kureha's forgotten memories are indeed a mystery at this point. Maybe it was the Invisible Storm's doing or maybe it has something to do with why Ginko couldn't just explain everything to Kureha from the get go.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Ginko's love is so pure!

An episode more serious than the other ones. It was obvious that Yurika was a bear but she is also a Yandere. She hates Kureha but shouldn't she hate Reia's husband more? Or maybe she had killed him already?

Reia's body must be in a box somewhere... Not sure if the one who rescued Yurika was male...
    Last edited by Demonspeed; February 26, 2015 at 05:11 PM.

Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Reia got eaten by Yurika, so, I don't think her body still remains somewhere. What Yurika "boxed" there was Reia's love towards her.

This was to protect her love all to herself, since she felt betrayed by Reia's words.

New Reply