Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (3/9/15 - 3/22/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Check out the results for the Anime Awards 2014
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Durarara!!x2 Shou

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kindredxiuxiu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Durarara!!x2 Shou

Durarara!!x2 Shou

MAL
    Genre: Action, Mystery, Supernatural
    Production: Studio Shuka
    Director: Omori Takahiro
    Starring: Daisuke Ono, Mamoru Miyano, Jun Fukuyama, Kamiya Hiroshi, Kana Hanazawa, Miyuki Sawashiro, among others

Sequel to Durarara!! that aired in 2010.
    Last edited by kindredxiuxiu; January 07, 2015 at 01:44 PM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Lord Howe Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Durarara!!x2 Shou

Episode 1 is okay.

Emilia is my favorite among the new characters so far.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a lackluster episode. The most underwhelming I've watched this week, actually. It felt like this could have been made into a special that didn't air on TV, since it was mostly like a roll call for the entire cast.

Custom Title MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I see, so it indeed is gonna be the LN adaptation.

I predict the first few episodes may seem "lackluster", same as with season 1.
    Well for me, since I read the LNs, the episode was awesome..! It was a setup of many plot lines (still haven't even introduced all of the characters that were shown, but figures it's gonna take time since there's just a lot), and I don't doubt the many-plotlines-connecting-into-one thing will be done masterfully, same as season 1. I'm so very excited

Love the opening (although I'm so-so about the song). Carries similar style to season 1's OP2 with the character shots as well as the "speaking/recap" during the OP thing (always loved that so much). A very nice ending as well~~

Tbh this ep got me waaay more excited for this season than I was before (and I was already excited before).

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Good for Nothing 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Darjaille View Post
    Well for me, since I read the LNs, the episode was awesome..! It was a setup of many plot lines (still haven't even introduced all of the characters that were shown, but figures it's gonna take time since there's just a lot), and I don't doubt the many-plotlines-connecting-into-one thing will be done masterfully, same as season 1. I'm so very excited

Love the opening (although I'm so-so about the song). Carries similar style to season 1's OP2 with the character shots as well as the "speaking/recap" during the OP thing (always loved that so much). A very nice ending as well~~

Tbh this ep got me waaay more excited for this season than I was before (and I was already excited before).
    To me the episode didn't feel lackluster at all, it was the perfect Durarara vibe we got during the beginning of first season too Granted things started a bit slow but like you said there are MANY people to cover + let's not forget that the anime is over 4 years old by now and they had to remember people about some of the events from past season, to get them back into the story. An overly rushed story would've served nothing here, they can't expect everyone knowing the LN or having rewatched the first season (which I did some days ago, very good choice. You really forget some stuff after all those years xD). In that sense I feel like they did a really good job, so many nostalgic tracks too

Yeah, the song isn't that great but it's okay. I don't like the OP and ED as much as I did the ones from the first season (song-wise) but they still feel pretty Durarara'ish, so that's good for me =)

---------- Post added at 01:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

I remember last season used the first 6 or so episodes to introduce us to the different people too and I actually enjoyed that quite a bit, so I won't have any problems if the plot progress is a bit slow. A strong plot needs well-established characters, so I don't really mind that at all, considering a huge part of the fun of Durarara (to me) are all the different crazy and likeable characters.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It seemed about the same as I remember season 1 so far to me. Durarara was pretty chaotic at first, like a bunch of short stories with a common setting rather than one story with a lot of different points of view, it wasn't until about halfway through that things started to come together. Which was the point, I think. Creating a sense of community among peculiar and seemingly unrelated people; then having them rise up together. Although, I remember it being apparent pretty early that Mikado was in center of things. This episode didn't seem as clear on who this story is going to be about.

So I wonder if this is going to be the same as before or something a little different.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

10. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    4 H E A D B O Y Z 最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode was good. Only exists to build the hype honestly, so it mirrors a lot about the first season. Looking forward to more.

Fallen 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike Nuno's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Me and BAE (xi0) watched this on the couch now.

... > xi0

Episode was OK/Good IMO. I kind of echo Jammin here, feels extremely much like S1. Made me smile when I heard the old OST start playing when Mikado was shown. He looks older than S1 even if it's only half a year. I know nothing of this plot, like with S1, so really clueless after this episode. It could've been faster on some scenes IMO, but overall a strong episode with a very DRRR feel. The only thing lacking was even more old OST, and especially the chatting. Missed that a lot.

Actually fuck it, the episode was garbage, barely any Shizu in it!! CMON!!!!!!!!!!!

Kind of "rehash" op/ed tbh. S1 2nd part had a very different OP. Almost feels like they want to "reproduce" the awesomeness by using old formula, not something I'm automatically against. I actually liked it a lot (the OP). Very different, yet very similar. The ED was copy pasta basically, made me smirk in both cases, but especially at the ED. None of the songs really captured me at first listen though. DRRR OP1 made me kreygasm instantly, same with ED1. Maybe these will with time.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    I remember last season used the first 6 or so episodes to introduce us to the different people too and I actually enjoyed that quite a bit, so I won't have any problems if the plot progress is a bit slow. A strong plot needs well-established characters, so I don't really mind that at all, considering a huge part of the fun of Durarara (to me) are all the different crazy and likeable characters.
    Same.

However I actually didn't like the first episodes much the first time around. I liked the first, partly second and then 3-5 I was like "what's going on...?" It was difficult to get captured by the story then, so I can relate to people with less knowledge/hype around the series getting these opinions. However DRRR is one of those series you need patience with.

And yeah you should remember since you watched it some days ago like you said in the same post
    Last edited by xi0; January 12, 2015 at 07:14 PM.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Lord Howe Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I see, so it indeed is gonna be the LN adaptation.

Nice to see that someone who have read the light novels likes the adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    Episode was good. Only exists to build the hype honestly, so it mirrors a lot about the first season. Looking forward to more.
    Spoiler: Kadota A Certain Magical Index show

Dotachiin says he likes A Certain Magical Index. How about you xi0, do you like it? (Off topic)

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post

Made me smile when I heard the old OST start playing when Mikado was shown.
    Yeah!

Spoiler: Durarara!! OST - The Sought-after Extraordinary show

He looks older than S1 even if it's only half a year.

While Izaya looks younger for some reason.

Actually fuck it, the episode was garbage, barely any Shizu in it!! CMON!!!!!!!!!!!
    No Russian Sushi scene as well.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 AM ----------

I think "Hollywood" the serial killer is one of these / are these three:

Last edited by FaustXIII; January 12, 2015 at 07:49 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Custom Title MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Shizu-chan too epic.

Good for Nothing 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I think I like Izaya's sisters Have to say the new guys and girls all seem pretty great so far. From the badass guy getting owned by Shizu, to Izaya's sister taking synchronization to another level, to this blue haired boy making fun of the bullies. Quite surprised, I think I'm already sold on all of them and it looks like we're in on a fun ride for the upcoming episode. So far the second season continues to be crazy and fun, couldn't ask for more XD

Fallen 神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike Nuno's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Shizu-chan too epic.
    Make me an avatar!!!!

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Hakuteiken's Avatar
    Country
    Luxembourg
    Post Thanks / Like

Much better than what we saw in the first episode. Though Durarara won't be Durarara without Simon making his appearance first.
    No wonder Izaya is not fond of his own sisters, when they look so damn difficult to manipulate.

Make me an avatar!!!!
    I shall reply to that avatar of yours with an Izaya one.

Country
    Lord Howe Island
    Post Thanks / Like

Episode 2.

Aoba is a combination of Mikado and Masaomi while Kururi is like Anri. And together they seem to be a new generation version of Mikado and Anri. Seeing them using the chat room is nice. And it's interesting to know that Shingen was the former owner of Saika and that he let her 'slash souls of bizarre monsters overseas.'

So far so good.
    Last edited by FaustXIII; January 17, 2015 at 08:30 PM.

4 H E A D B O Y Z 最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much agree with niichan here. Completely sold on the new faces as being interesting.

Izaya's sisters though.... ....wtf

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast