Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Come make your nominations in Fairy Tail Awards.
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaders of the "Revolution"

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaders of the "Revolution"

Ok, last chapter dragon said that he would gather all of the commanders very soon.

so far of the known Revolutionary members are dragon, invonkov, and inazuma. kuma was a one a one point, but its up in the air if he is a completely under the world governments control. i dont think inazuma is a commander, so dragon, invonkov, and kuma are the only commanders we have seen so far.

i think we have seen a couple of commanders but they havent been revealed to be commanders yet, like kishiro(zoro's master). he seems like a pretty powerful guy, and dragon being on his island, i think, its not a coincedence.

i just hope they are as cool as some of the pirates we have seen. i think the RA is structured like the marines. with dragon being equal to sengoku.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS?

2. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dragon and the "Revolution"

Koshiro an RV commander? Hmm. That's interesting...considering the way in which he used particular words to teach Zoro (when he was young) about life, swordsmanship, etc.

I'm definitely excited to see the other RV commanders in the future. I have a feeling that Iva is the weirdest of them all though. We won't get another character like that within the RV's lol. I would like to know more about the history of these commanders, both individually and as a group. It would suck if all these commanders rely on df's. It would be cool if the RV had their own kind of Rokushiki-like fighting techniques...just a thought.

Don't you think this thread should be merged with the Dragon Thread!? and possibly be renamed as "Dragon & The RV's" or something like that!?

Great idea though, chess4. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bugzee; July 27, 2010 at 05:24 PM.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity chess4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

it might get merged but when more of the commanders get revealed we will need someplace to to talk about them. i agree with invonkov will be the strangest. oda has so many characters and future characters he hasnt shown. i just hope he doesnt waste all the good powers already. we havent seen most of WB's powers, and none of the other 3 yonkou crews. also there are the level 6 escaped prisoners and not to mention new world pirate crews we havent seen, plus the new world pirates that came with WB.

i just hope oda makes them great

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Dragon could be a pirate and he had a crew and each member became commander of Revolutionary Army and then gathered their own divisions like Iva. Though it's only a guess.
    I also expect his commanders to be at least at the level of Rear Admiral up to the level of Vice Admiral, because I think that RA can't only rely on number and Dragon's power.
    I would like to see them soon.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Leaders of the "Revolution"

I hope for Sabo being one of the commanders.. If he is alive his level of strenght can be between Ace and Luffy so he is pretty damn strong and. I hope that only reason why he didnt tried to help free Ace is because he was to far from Marineford to make it in time or because he is to important for revolutionaries and Dragon ordered him not to go..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I expect, because this is Oda, that someone we have already met will suddenly turn up and be like "Oh btw I'm a Revolutionary Commander. What? I never told you?"

Koshiro is a maybe. I would like for him to feature somewhere in the story's future, but if he really was a commander would it have been as simple as "Oh and the local dojo gave us food"? Then again, perhaps he had quit to raise his daughter, and with Kuina gone he may have rejoined? There are definitely possibilities as far as Koshiro is concerned.

But if not Koshiro, because it's Oda, someone we have already met will be a revolutionary. It's probably just a matter of narrowing down who. I like the Koshiro theory also, but I'd be happy to see like one of those marines we see around but don't focus on too much to suddenly show their double agent status or something (e.g. imagine Garp's right hand man suddenly being all revolutionary).

Beyond that, I wonder how many commanders there are, and what level we're talking about here? Iva was easily on par with the vice admirals, and though he seemed to be beneath the admirals and Magellan, he could at least fight on par with them for a period. So for the commanders you're probably looking at the level Marco and Jozu sat at, which is the range I would rate Iva also. They should at least have someone, or two-three someones, on par with the admirals personally though, else how do they hope to replace the WG?

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OdaForPresident's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

How about Aokiji being a commander for the RA? It would make sense that the revolutionaries have some spies in the WG. So why not in the upper echelons? And I picked Aokiji because of his moral compass which sets him aside from the other admirals.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I hope for Sabo being one of the commanders.. If he is alive his level of strenght can be between Ace and Luffy so he is pretty damn strong and. I hope that only reason why he didnt tried to help free Ace is because he was to far from Marineford to make it in time or because he is to important for revolutionaries and Dragon ordered him not to go..
    It would be interesting if Sabo is alive an is a commander of Revolutionary Army, though I don't think he is stronger than Luffy. And also I think that Luffy is now stronger than Ace. The only thing he lacks is to learn to use Haki, but after he gets how to use it it would be a victory for Luffy. Also I don't think that Sabo can be a top tier character. Only if he got a Devil Fruit. Though I can be wrong.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Fox666's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bittman View Post
    Beyond that, I wonder how many commanders there are, and what level we're talking about here? Iva was easily on par with the vice admirals, and though he seemed to be beneath the admirals and Magellan, he could at least fight on par with them for a period. So for the commanders you're probably looking at the level Marco and Jozu sat at, which is the range I would rate Iva also. They should at least have someone, or two-three someones, on par with the admirals personally though, else how do they hope to replace the WG?
    Hmm, Ivankov is the second in command of the revolutionaries, isn't him? I would rank him slight below the Shichibukai level, and I would not expect anyone stronger than him in the revolutionaries (expect for Dragon). I would rather expect weird and usefull abilities, like Ivankov does. Something like Absalom power.
    Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    TOBI IS OBITO

did you say something about timelines?! naruto ate it NOM NOM NOM IT'S GONE.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    I would rank him slight below the Shichibukai level
    You know... Shichibukai level differs and in fact I think from what was shown in manga he is stronger than the most of Shichis. He was stronger than Luffy who had bitten Croc and Moria. Also Kuma fought against Magellan and stayed alive. And after that he fought against Kuma in weaken state and showed himself superiour. And even after he put a fight against Akainu, though he couldn't logically put a real match for Akainu in his state. That's why I think he is deffinetly stronger than most of Shichis.

And I think that other commanders of Revolutionary Army should be at least on the level of Rear Admiral or it is impossible for them to be such power which opposes WG dirrectly.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BetaRuler's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

My personal hope is that there is a recurrant theme in all of the commanders, such as Ivankov freeing himself from gender, Kuma's theme seems to be the becoming a robot, the one speaking to Robin may embrace bestiality (bad choice of word i know XD)... If Sabo were there his theme might be along those lines of liberating himself from wealth.

I can't particularly name what Dragons theme of liberation might be, maybe it's tattoos! Kiddin, let'see how they turn out as more are introduced I guess.
    So I said this with a belief that my opinion actually mattered at least by 1 iota!

15. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member OdaForPresident's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I really like your ideas there BetaRuler, expect for the beastiality idea then... lol.

Maybe some leader freed himself from worldly attachment, like some really spiritual person. What did dragon free himself from? Family is the first thing that comes to mind. Though thats not really a good thing.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    It would be interesting if Sabo is alive an is a commander of Revolutionary Army, though I don't think he is stronger than Luffy. And also I think that Luffy is now stronger than Ace. The only thing he lacks is to learn to use Haki, but after he gets how to use it it would be a victory for Luffy. Also I don't think that Sabo can be a top tier character. Only if he got a Devil Fruit. Though I can be wrong.
    If sabo is alive he is bound to be much stronger than luffy IMO. I doubt luffy was even close to ace right now, he does not seem to have anything over ace at all. Speed, strength, stamina, fruit.... ace seems to have the advantage over all those things. it'd be interesting if he is a commander, he would have probably become quite strong after so many years of fighting. Sabo was roughly of the same level of strength as ace as a kid, he is definitely someone who can grow up to be extremely powerful IMO. I don't think he'd need a DF for that though.

18. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Umm al-Qaiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OdaForPresident View Post
    How about Aokiji being a commander for the RA? It would make sense that the revolutionaries have some spies in the WG. So why not in the upper echelons? And I picked Aokiji because of his moral compass which sets him aside from the other admirals.
    Except he tried to kill Robin, the treasure of the RA that they were ordered to protect with their lives. And he was at least a Vice Admiral before the RA even existed.

20. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    Quote Quote:
    If sabo is alive he is bound to be much stronger than luffy IMO. I doubt luffy was even close to ace right now, he does not seem to have anything over ace at all. Speed, strength, stamina, fruit.... ace seems to have the advantage over all those things. it'd be interesting if he is a commander, he would have probably become quite strong after so many years of fighting. Sabo was roughly of the same level of strength as ace as a kid, he is definitely someone who can grow up to be extremely powerful IMO. I don't think he'd need a DF for that though.
    When BB negated Ace's DF with his ability it was shown that Ace's combat power without DF isn't that great. So his real power isn't that great. The only problem for Luffy to defeat Ace is that Ace had logia and Luffy hadn't mastered his Haki. And about Sabo... it depends you know. He could be great or he could be not. Ace and Luffy both have great bloodline and it shouldn't be taken lightly. Though Sabo was better than Luffy at that time, but he was 3 years older than Luffy and in that time it was really important. Also Luffy didn't know how to use DF, so it was a burden for him, so it was only logically for Sabo to be way better, but through the whole manga Luffy showed the ability to negate the gap between him and his opponents very fast (as it was with CP9 or with Croc or with Moria), also he has DF which fits very much for close combat and he can withstand great damage, so I think that if Sabo is alive he is weaker than Luffy if he hasn' DF. Though I doubt that Sabo is alive, because it would spoil Luffy's drama. But I would like to see him

BetaRuler I think your theory is very plausible.

OdaForPresident
    Quote Quote:
    How about Aokiji being a commander for the RA?
    I don't think he is revolutionary. He can be, but I think he is rather devoted to the Government and he has his sense of justice to maintain peace and Revolutionary Army now is making riots and turmoils throughout the world. So I don't think that he can be part of such organization.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast