Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Ahhhh im so torn on this topic
obviously im a huge kouen fan, i just admire his personality and his badass power
but i am also a fan of his occasional childish behavior , like when he grabbed aladdin and said he was taking aladdin with him after they fought the black medium
but my first favoritr character was hakuryuu
and he is still right there with kouen as my favorite
---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------
Kougyoku is my favorite female character, however i love pisti yam and mor also
Hakuryuu has been my favorite character for a very long time and he still is. I'm a huge sucker for characters with a tragic background. I feel so much sympathy for them. I'm really looking forward to the day where he becomes relevant to the story again. I also really adore the other members of the Ren family minus Gyokuen (though I hate to admit she's an amazing villain in my opinion).
Too many characters to like...but Sinbad is just too awesome to not be my favorite even if does such awful things to Kougyoku...
I really like all the characters so I'm torn with this XD
So... in no ranking:
Hakuryuu: Oh, how I love Hakuryuu. I like how he is really cute and sweet at heart even through all that happened to him in his past. I like how he's so overprotective of Hakuei. I'll admit that Haku grew up to me pretty fast, so having him so apart from the main story lately has me suffering. I'm really curious as to what he is planing with Judal and I beg for him not to fall to depravity. I don't want another Kassim tragedy DX
Aladdin: I love how even though he's a very peaceful and happy kid, he can become a total badass if he wants to. His perversion is hilarious xD
Kouha: I really admire his leadership and how he took in everyone that was rejected by others. I love how he's a crazy killer but also is very friendly and loyal. I like his relationship with Aladdin.
Sphintus: He's hilarious XD How Aladdin ignored him and he got all riled up made me laugh every time. I like how loyal he is to his friends and my heart broke at how he couldn't stop crying after Titus died.
Judal: It's been sometime since we got some Judal action. I always liked his sadistic personality, and ever since Aladdin used Solomon Wisdom on him, the mysterious air he has now got me really curious. I feel like there is more to him that just evil.
Morgiana: She is awesome. I like how she always strives to be better and not let her past tie her. She is a super badass fighter and her girly side is just ridiculously cute.
Other characters I like are: Sharrkan, Yamu, Titus, Solomon, Masrur, Kassim, Kougyoku, Hakuei and Alibaba. Sinbad is also a very cool character, but even knowing his back story, the bad vibes he's been giving me lately refrain me from really liking him...
Time for a revive because we got lots of "new" characters
Sheba definitely is among my favourites, somewhere close to the top. I guess I really like how Ohtaka portrays females in her manga, it's just not often that you see strong women fighting/being on equal grounds to the men. Strong not just in the sense of fighting power, but a strong and firm believe/will. I think Sheba had all of that, plus she's so cute and kind In my opinion Solomon wouldn't have come that far without her, so that really shows how much of an important character she is.
I really like Solomon too, especially because he's not the flawless god people described him. He was incredibly strong and a good leader, but never supposed to be a ruler. It just doesn't fit his personality and beliefs, you can't be good at something you don't approve of yourself. As idealistic as his views might be, I actually enjoyed that. We already have enough schemers like Sinbad or Kouen.
Sheba, Arba and Solomon are among my top picks in this arc.
I liked Sheba because she kept her faith on Solomon even if she knew that Solomon isn't the same man she used to love, even if everyone has turned their backs from him. I also liked her because, like Ohtaka mentioned in her Sunday blog, she was among the "normal" characters she had made. Normal in the sense that, Sheba doesn't really have any special traits to begin with, but we can see how she changed over time: from a cute little girl, to a sweet lady, and then to a strong and loving mother. Like Nii-chan said, I think she is first female character in Magi that stood up to her beliefs and she was able to express them out and loud. I don't remember Mor, Kougyoku, Hakuei, Yamu or any female-lead that did that.
Solomon on the other hand... I like his resemblance with Aladdin. I won't be talking about whether he is a good leader or not, but I like his calm demeanor, and then his trust to his friends.
Arba...? I don't know, I just liked her when she was first introduced. I got the feeling that she will be really relevant to the story, then it turns out that she is that important.
Ugo is a cute big crybaby
The characters I love the most;
- Arba (aka Gyokuen), I love her so damn much that it is for me difficult to describe how much I love her! SHE IS MY TOP ONE FAVORITE CHARACTER IN MAGI.
She is attracive and the most beautiful character in Magi ,in my opinion. Her personality is amazing and she is incredible strong. Even if she is a crazy psycho and people hate her 'cause of her duties ,but what would Magi be without such a character like her? She is interesting and if she wasn't there to begin with than maybe Sheba and Solomon wouldn't end up together? Let's not forget she was the one who told Sheba to marry Solomon. And she also made wonderful children like Hakuei who is as beautiful as her. But I mainly love her 'cause of her personality, her tactis she use against people and..... she is my favorite villian character (from the point that we have seen her, she is a villian, but we don't know much about her, yet so.... who knows~ :3)
- Sheba, I mean who doesn't love her? She is kind, she is lovely, she is pretty and she made Aladdin together with Solomon. Without her we wouldn't even have a lovely, cutie and wonderful boy as Aladdin.
But besides that, she has a strong will and someone from her age to have such amazing powers and such a high believe and loyality, that is incredible.
- Ugo, I loved Ugo from the begin when he got shown, not 'cause he is damn handsome in all of his forms (Djinn, Magician, Magi forms) ,but he is also so loyal towards Solomon as how loyal Sheba is to him. And he is also a genius. Even if he hadn't much self confidence, this man is trying his full best and I find that wonderful.
- Aladdin, When it was revealed that he was Solomon and Sheba's son and that he had Sheba's rukh with him, I loved him even more. But besides that, he is as pure hearted as his parents, he never stops to amaze me, he is tyiing his full best to make everyone believe to believe in theirself and that they are not alone etc.. And than his wonderful his personality; He is funny, he is such a pervert and yet no one can hates him 'cause ... I MEAN LOOK AT HIM. THE MOST PRECIOUS CHARACTER I HAVE SEEN.
- Ren Kouha, LOVE HIM. YANDERE ALL THE WAY AND YET HE CAN BE CUTE AND SEXY THE SAME TIME. NOTHING ELSE TO SAY.
- Morgiana; She was my first favorite female character and she even reached the top in my favorite character list before I saw the other female characters. She is strong, she is loyal, she will do everything to protect her friends and yet she can be so dangerous as madness can tell ,but she is also a silent person that can be so lovely and so kind as long as people don't mess with her. What can I say more? Fanalis all the way. This also counts for the other fanalis like Myron, Mu, Masrur etc. (since I love all fanalis!)
- Ja'far, arghh.... I LOVE THIS MAN TOOOOOOO MUCH. ASSASSIN ALL THE WAY, GENTLE, KIND AND HANDSOME ALL THE WAY AND YET...... SNAKE OF SINDRIA. IF I DIDN'T LOVE HIM THAN I DUNNO IF I WAS CRAZY MINDED OR JUST STUPID. XD NOTHING ELSE TO SAY.
And of course there are more characters I love but it would be too much if I would describe all of them. The ones I also like are; Solomon and co., David, Scheherazade, Ren Koumei, Ren Kouen, Ren Hakuei, Titus Alexius, the whole eight generals, Alibaba, Judar, Yunan, Ren Kougyoku, Sinbad, Serendine, Rurumu.. uhm.... I probably forgot some characters but let's say that I love all the characters and I think that every character in Magi deserves love. They are the way they are and it is difficult to dislike someone in Magi 'cause they are all awesome in their own way and not forgot they look nice as well.
This mostly counts for the most awesome character in Magi; Elizabeht. Didn't ya all know that she is the one who made the beautiness and awesomeness in Magi when she appeared.
Last edited by Lovemagi; September 06, 2014 at 07:13 AM.
My favourite character is still alibaba-kun. Though honestly I like every character in the series.
As for the alma toran crew: I really dislike how falan, wahid, setta were mostly there for comedic purposes and their character really didn't come into play untill very late in the flashback. Arba and ithnan also had this problem but to a slightly less extent. This caused me to not really care about them aside from 1 or 2 chapters.
Now my favourite character in this arc was solomon. Simply because he wasn't perfect. He had many flaws, but he actually admitted them and asked others to help him. One example would be in chapter 220 when he said that he did not know about how it felt to have a family, or when he apologised to arba and the others because he replaced illah.