Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (7/6/15 - 7/26/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 636 by cnet128 , Gintama 552 (2)
New Reply

Thread: Hakuryuu Ren [theory/discussion thread]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner themagiofrukh's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hakuryuu Ren [theory/discussion thread]

Hello Everybody

I'm new in this Forum, so i don't know if there ever was a discussion/theory thread about Hakuryuu, but if this were the case, then I'll delete this thread, of course.

My English isn't so good, but I hope it's reasonably to make it understandable (especially correctly express myself)

I'm a little went through to the past chapters to Magi and found now that one page in Chapter 95, a conversation between Hakuei and Hakuryuu.
    Hakuei pointed something at "the Hakuryuu in truth ..."
    Of course I'm all gone through chapters and so far there were no allusions or references to Hakuryuu's past, what it would have therefore had to be.

I don't know if Ohtaka so anything important had in mind, or whether it could be sometime important.
    Creeps me an uneasy feeling that Hakuei seems longer to know, as we might or i think.

myself will not in the sense that there might be stuck behind a "truth", but maybe some of you have some thoughts or ideas on this?
    (My only thought would be that possibly Hakuryuu might have something to do with this legendary origin dragons, even if it may sound crazy, but when you look at it seems to have Hakuryuu in each of his Djinn Equip to do with dragons, as his trembling prosthetic arm in the Zagan Djinn Equip or skellet his Belial Djinnes ... and so slowly it could no longer be a coincidence, or does it? I would not really have any idea how Hakuryuu could have to do with this Origin dragon, but it could be a guess) XD

Picture to his Belial Djinn Equip:
    Spoiler show

Picture Pirate Arc fight with Zagan's Power:

Maybe I just what imagine. LOL
    If you have any ideas or theories to, then I would be very happy about your remarks.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hakuryuu Ren [theory/discussion thread]

I seriously doubt Hakuryuu has anythin to do with the Origin Dragon.
    The amount of Dragons he is surrounded by are probably due to his name:
    Hakuryuu:White Dragon

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hll View Post
    I seriously doubt Hakuryuu has anythin to do with the Origin Dragon.
    The amount of Dragons he is surrounded by are probably due to his name:
    Hakuryuu:White Dragon
    And that his fungel monsters have a serpentine dragon look. And since his second fight with guokuen he's changed outfits with a dragon symbol.
    And Belial has a skelatal dragon in equpt with him.
    Basically he's dragon themed.

Country
    Jamaica
    Post Thanks / Like

Well other than his name and his djinns having dragon like qualities he really hasn't had anything to do with the origin dragon. Still i shall give props for something this original i like it.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner themagiofrukh's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

well, i know this too that his name means "white dragon", but it was a crazy though of mine and i don't know that Hakuei mean in the past to Hakuryuu "in truth you are..." (Chapter 95)
    do you think that has to mean something or is somehow relevant?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GrySun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

A nice theory, it would explain why he's so awesome and majestic. But unfortunately I highly doubt it.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Hakuryuu has lots of magoi due to him being Gyokuen´s son, Hakuei got way less magoi than him so we could argue something might have been up with Hakuryuu´s whole magoi pool thing along with his dragon theme, etc... However it´s hard to say what type of species the "Haku" side of the Rens come from, the "Kou" side was already possibily hinted at, as descendants from the manticore tribe, due to some of their ways, family concept, etc... however it´s just a wild guess even for them and we actually got info on the Manticores on a completely diferent scale than the Origin Dragon, also it´s very heavily hinted that Yunan is a Origin Dragon and Solomon and co only met one back in AT and there is this reference that the OD got stuck on the great rift: http://www.mangareader.net/magi/237/13

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aonori View Post
    I think Hakuryuu has lots of magoi due to him being Gyokuen´s son, Hakuei got way less magoi than him so we could argue something might have been up with Hakuryuu´s whole magoi pool thing along with his dragon theme, etc... However it´s hard to say what type of species the "Haku" side of the Rens come from, the "Kou" side was already possibily hinted at, as descendants from the manticore tribe, due to some of their ways, family concept, etc... however it´s just a wild guess even for them and we actually got info on the Manticores on a completely diferent scale than the Origin Dragon, also it´s very heavily hinted that Yunan is a Origin Dragon and Solomon and co only met one back in AT and there is this reference that the OD got stuck on the great rift: http://www.mangareader.net/magi/237/13
    If Kouen's sibilings are from Manticore then Hakus would be, too. Hakutoku and Koutoku were brothers.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Aonori's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jan123 View Post
    If Kouen's sibilings are from Manticore then Hakus would be, too. Hakutoku and Koutoku were brothers.
    Please, the diferences between those are too big first off all of Hakutoku´s sons came from a magi with black rukh, so they should have superior magoi pools (unless Gyokuen was capable of manipulating the magoi pools of her descendants with magi powers), that said, all descendants of the species of AT, were probably mixed with other species and breed along eachother after 1000 years so there should be tons of mixed bloods, except for the clans and countries with more isolacionist ways regarding mixed breedings (Sasan, Artemyra, Yambhalas, onniyako kingdom, imuchakk tribe, etc...), in the Fanalis case I think it´s just case their species nature is by itself so powerful than even mixed bloods like Muu would have some of their fanalis characteristics intact, but become smaller and weaker Red lions in Real form.

Kou empire is a whole diferent story there was a lot of things that happened down there and you dont see their normal soldiers with purple, red, or blue hair now do you? (probably case they are mixed bloods), while the royal family clearly has more specific traits that can associate them with the said specific species.

I also had a thought that maybe Go, gai and Kou´s natural citizens might have been descendants from Astaroth, Agarres and Phenex´s tribes, which could imply the whole number 3 thing going on with the conflicts in the Hakutoku era, kouen´s number of djinns, etc... In that case Koutoku could be under a more specific one of the 3 tribes lineages mentioned while Hakutoku and his descendants could come from another one you never know right?
    Last edited by Aonori; July 23, 2015 at 09:55 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member GrySun's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

But does magoi really work in terms of inheritance? I think Sinbad's parents weren't overly special in that way, but their son definitely is, although Sinbad is probably a bad example. Unfortunately we don't know how Hakuyuu and Hakuren were with their magoi pool.

New Reply