Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Wow great chapter, I can't wait to see the fight between them. Wouldn't be surprised if we have a cut away with Wangnan and Akraptor talking about Baam next week as the two power houses go at it.
Well I'm not totally convinced it's Mazino, it's hinted at so heavily that SIU might be trolling XD If he really killed all those rankers he must be pretty damn strong though, probably someone among the top 15.
I want to believe it's Urek because I sooooo want an awesome fight between the two there's no way Baam is going to win but even then, if Baam thinks that this one flower is the only way to clear the test he will go all out. And with this I mean ALL FREAKIN OUT.
Six years ago a desperate cry to save Rachel slashed through Hwa Ryuns eye like butter, god knows what he's capable of now if he's getting really desperate
---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------
Although, the rankings are screwy to some extent. Evan's ranked around 100, but as a guide, he's not amazing at combat. He's still a High Ranker, so he can dominate Rankers, but he's weaker than Yuri, who's only around 500.
Are you sure about that, do you have a link or something?
I was thinking she should be a lot higher than that.
I doubt that Zahard would name this girl one of his princess and even offer her one of his 13 special weapons if she was only ranked 500th.
Specifically Evan's the Guide of the Royal Family, plus Yuri's companion. I still wish that we could get an estimation of his actual power level though. As he's a High Ranker, I want to say that he can dominate regular Rankers, but I can't be sure if he could beat the very best of the regular Rankers, so the 1001-1200 ranked guys.
Last edited by Jammin; September 14, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
Well its hard to argue that this guy isn't Urek. For a while I though he might just be one of the top ppl in Waiksong, but the fact that he dresses like a bit of a punk/rebel (goes with his description). And matches his description of being good looking but a dick towards woman, I think its a joke by SUI that ppl who wear backwards caps and have funky piercing tend to be womanises (I live in Newcastle UK and its def true to some extent, then again I have Urek's piercing so I'm also a little offended :P) At the end of the chapter it looked like lightning was surrounding his body, that def goes with his soquit "Ray!!! Barracuda".
ALso you have to remember SUI did say that shit was going to start hitting the fan a few afterwards before, and what way to get the series moving but with a Baam vs Urek 1 on 1.
Having said all that I never though Urek would have his own name tattooed on his back, but I suppose it fits with his "foolish"/self-obsessed description
His attitude goes against how I pictured Urek, all this talk of killing Rankers left, right and centre, but I get the feeling a lot of what he said was probably exaggeration/lies to scare the crap out of Demon, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually just recruited them to Waik and sent people off to the 77th floor without the floor admin knowing.
Either way as soon as Urek moves next chapter we'll have confirmation.
Also I think there are several things working in Baam's favour here.
1) FUG and Waik do have a tenuous relationship, there is a lot of cross over between the two factions, so the fact that Baam is FUG won't hurt Baam's chances of living
2) I'm fairly sure Urek can smell/sense that Baam is like Urek/Phant, Zahard, etc, i.e. that he is an irregular, it seems to me that all irregulars have a special relationship to one another and I think the eye comment was just Urek's way of identifying Baam as one of them
3) I'm sure Yuri will have told Urek of Baam, REMEMBER Yuri doesn't believe that Baam is dead and has that other princess looking for him (using that crazy inventory item) as we speak. So if Urek gets any background on Baam during this fight I'm sure he'll remember Yuri's talk of Baam
4) Urek will respect Baam as soon as he copies one of his moves, Urek ultimately wants to escape the tower remember, he wants powerful ppl in Waik, he won't go killing someone with so much potential, in fact, Urek might be the answer to Baam's current problems with FUG, I think if anyone could scare FUG into releases Baam its probably Urek.
5) Urek is one who loves his friends, go look at what Urek did for Backryun back on the 77th floor, once he hears that Baam will lose a friend if he looses this test, I'm sure Urek will sympathise.
I have never believed that any of the Irrregulars apart from Phataminum is actually evil, I see all of them just being loose cannons in a structured world. I'm sure Urek's reputation is a mixture of riddles too, though I do believe he is a womaniser.....could make things interesting if Yeon turns up :P
ToG is actually getting close to rivalling OP for me, if this fight is as good as it looks like it'll be.....:O
Out by the company:
Maybe it's nothing but didn't this chapter show that Urek's shinsoo perception isn't that great? He couldn't tell the difference between a 21st floor regular and a ranker. Maybe it's because he's so far above them that they're all the same to him.
Last edited by abc1233; September 14, 2012 at 06:42 AM.
Only guides are supposed to really be able to tell a person's level just by a glance (so it's not something most people do or are capable of), and even Evan, probably the best guide in the Tower, couldn't determine that Baam was anything special by looking at him.
But I too believe that Urek wont hurt Baam, and if he does Baam still has some "hidden red skeleton cards" to play.
I hate waiting 6 days to read The Company version, but I refuse to read the manga pirate one haha, so dont find weird that I comment on the chapter so late.
Maannn why Yuri dont show up soon so the awesomeness of the next chapter would be complete xD