Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
I'm only two minutes in the HxH eps and they already fucked up two things -_-
I was surprised at how well the cyclops fight was animated. This arc is just loads of fun.This page was pretty much intact as is
Good episode but it a little bit rushed.... Anime only viewer don't even know the "type" or Jennies(money) they use in GI....
The guy with the risky dice later? Who is so desperate and sad to get out of the game, and only has the one card. I LOVED that guy, sigh oh well. I hope its a great episode regardless, but that was a gem of Togashi randomness/comedy that I always liked a lot, the series is littered with that type of humor so I'm genuinely sad to see it cut. Perhaps that character will show up later when the Bomb Devils are forcing him to roll dice (they could move his pathetic story then, though joke probably wont be as funny)
Despite this Greed Island is one of my least favorite arcs (mostly because it is sandwiched between my favorite arcs) so Im glad its going by fast, I just hope nothing important is missing.
Also, not as big of a deal but Bisuke's "cuteness" trick on Gon and Killua was just glazed over here. It's bothering me because I really thought that scene was a fun way to expose watchers to a quirk about her that appears throughout the arc. But it's just there now, with no real emphasis. With the rest of the episode, I was fine with the pacing. Those first 5 minutes kinda killed me though.
- I had my friend who knows nothing about HxH watch this with me. Her first reaction was that Killua's adorable, apparently.
- Then when the sword turned into a card, she thought it was an episode of YuGiOh.
- You know, the way Bisuke's stalking them reminds me of those online RPGs I play when random people stalk you around the game because they want money.
- I can't stand this happy music playing as Shalnark's talking. Something about happy music + Shizuku seems really creepy.
- For those wondering, my friend thought Shizuku was adorable too.
- The way they animated that part with Gon and Killua running like ninjas, I loved how it showed just how fast they were moving.
- Funny banter between Killua and Bisuke never gets old.
- That fight with the cyclops/troll things was amazingly animated. But pretty much every fight in this anime now is amazingly animated, not complaining here!
- Then in that part when Bisuke punched Killua and the screen panned from Gon to Bisuke and the (romantic?) ending started playing, my friend thought GonxBisuke was canon.....
- Preview: Killua abuse.
Last edited by Riruru; January 13, 2013 at 02:05 AM.
All in all, this eps was subpar at BEST.
Damn I was gonna watch it with all my friends later, getting pumped so far on how good Later Yorknew and Early GI is...now I'm getting scared. I don't know if I'll mind too much but I'll miss poor pathetic Greed Island player's backstory. It will be sorely missed.
Wow, all these cuts sound terrible. I guess on their own they wouldn't be so bad, but all of them at once is just too much!
What is MadHouse thinking rushing through Greed Island, one of Togashi's best arcs? If anything, they should be draggin things out more, given how close they're getting to catching up with the manga.
I only hope that the pace will slow down once we get to the "exciting" parts of the arc.
Last edited by The Invertroid; January 13, 2013 at 03:01 AM.
We don't need 15 minutes on how they got the Sword card stolen. We just don't. At all. Combining those 3-4 characters into one condensed the scene into a nice format and let us keep moving.
I trust Madhouse, and I'm sure things revolving Rock Paper Scissors will appear again, especially considering what's coming up.
That being said, despite the cuts at the beginning, it turned out to be a pretty entertaining episode. I just really hope they won't skip more events now that Biscuit is here. I guess I can sorta try to rationalize their rushing as an effort to get to her introduction proper, and now that they have there's no real point to continue this bullet train to disaster.
Sorry if I seem a bit harsh, but HXH and my beloved Gintama anime seem to be fans of slicing lines and events from the anime for reasons unknown, and it makes me unhappy.
I didnt mind the cuts at all as they were all relatively inconsequential and it would've been overly long and dragged out if they stayed in. Also I like that the manga features some differences to the anime, some things dont work on TV that would work in manga. I was not bothered with this episode to be honest, I rather enjoyed it and to be honest didnt notice anything was cut lol
Just watched the sub, (normally I watch raws.) The preview translation sort of missed that Killua started to say his master is a 'hag' (baba) which is why he got bitch smacked.