Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
Okay first off. DAT BUILD UP! When he revealed his identity everybody was so non chalant about it. But as soon as he said. LEAVE ON! I got goosebumps. I felt like I was right there panicking with them. Oh Jispa you've got to be the bravest and nicely designed background character. :'/ And his HEAD! Omfg I was like. o.o Well that escalated quickly. I'm not ready for this intensity. My gripe is the ending though...I was so into it the ending theme scared the shit outta me. xD
Great episode with most of it being dedicated to training. There were still points I thought transitioned a bit quickly like with Gon and Killua capturing the monsters on their first tries. Especially when you consider that Bisuke kept having inner monologues of month-long training. Then the next scene you just see the results of it. Now I loved some of Bisuke's thought trains this episode but it might've been better to have something in between them. Everything else was awesome though; music, animation, voice acting, and script.
- Reminds me of how I play my Pokemon games. So I'm not the only person who backtracks between Pallet and Viridian to train, right?
- Oh! That giant toad that had boils as his weakness. He's like, the only monster I remember how the catch from GI...weird.
- I like how Killua's just watching. He's impressed by the animation and can't move.
- And now he looks so nonchalant to Gon being sent across the field by Ko. But worries when he falls to his knees from standing there.
- Gon and Killua are like two children in a class with Killua being that one classmate who always gets the highest score in everything by one percent, is taller than you by 4cm, but apparently sucks at rock-paper-scissors. Yeah, that kid.
- Didn't they include a number for how many rocks Gon and Killua smashed? I guess it was left out here. Shame because MH made it look like they took out 5 then chickened out.
- I love how everyone's first priority is saving Jispa. Yet another good-hearted dude Togashi kills off.
- Genthru really makes some epic faces.
- Greed Island Tutorial: Did Gon just break the forth wall? And that's what he thinks of us. Why that little...
- Preview: Madhouse really has a thing for drawing insanity. They're so pro at it.
So, is Evil fist an accurate translation of the Janken attack? I had no idea, its really weird to me since the Viz manga (as far as I remember) never called it that. I'll probably never refer to it as that but I might be able to get used to it...I think.
Otherwise Genthru gave me serious chills this episode! Has me excited for whats to come.
Another good episode,i have nothing to add.About that "Evil Fist" name.Isn't it a second name? Many abilities have a second name in HXH.
Gotcha, I've only read the NGL arc mostly so clearly I missed that. What is the significance? I don't speak any Japanese, does it actually roughly translate to evil fist? I hope I don't sound like a whining "Genei Ryodan" fan! I suppose its more of a grey area to me, whether to translate technique names, in some cases I feel its best to not do that.
A nice episode overall. The one that matters is the concluding next one. I hope Abengane part will be shown already.
As for the ending, they probably just forgot to put the starting music lol.
And yeah, Evil Fist is not Janken but Jaken, the 'old' name.
Last edited by ZonikStrike; January 27, 2013 at 08:38 AM.
Please, the spoiler tag. PLEASE.
And well, I liked Puhat a lot. I'll miss that little bastard. RIP.
^Does the attack name really matter that much? We already do know that Gon has an attack which is gonna be developed.
Also, I loved that Biscuit said two months and then you see that they achieved it in two weeks. They're so awesome *-*
---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------
This episode was awesome!! The arc finally looks like its turning around. I still think its going a little too fast, but its getting tolerable.
Note: it took me a while to like the yorknew arc too
nice episode 9/10
stable drawings..good animation
they didn't show properly the bloody scenes which i want they won't do it again
they covered 4 chaps but they postponed some pages to the next episode
and what's wrong with the ending they forgot waahoohoooo
Wow! From the content of the episode I thought the OVA would take even longer time to watch and put down the notes, but surprisingly it didn't take that much time! I may even finish today!!
the anime is going to fast if it continue like this sooon it will reach ngl ark
I liked the episode. The way they portrayed the bomb devils and Genthuru was absolutely perfect.
Killua's always been a little ahead of Gon and seems to catch on to things better, but in practice they equal out with their strengths and weaknesses. Where Killua is going to refer to training and his experiences to analyze the situation and devise a plan, Gon's more likely to use his instincts and determination to figure things out. In either case, Killua appears happy just watching Gon and being by his best friend's side.Quote:
In the manga, they were more successful breaking some rocks. After breaking a few on the first tries, Gon got to 150 before his broke, and Killua at 189. And then Biscuit mentioned how most people need weeks before reaching 100 repetitions.
I can't wait until next episode.