Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best in Fairy Tail Awards.
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

  1. #1
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    And if he should, would there be enough time for him before the big battle between Kouen's Kou faction and Hakuryuu's Kou faction?

  2. #2
    Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Country
    France
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,202
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    He has a lot more Magoi now so it would be a waste if he doesn't get one. Aladdin could raise a dungeon for him.

  3. #3
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ladylola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    dans ton cul!
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    4,821
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    It seems that it's going to be a necessity, if he wants to fight Hakuryuu. All this talk about metal vessel users not fighting each other was for nothing, and it looks like new dungeons will have to appear and be conquered, in case Al Thamen summon Illah again.

  4. #4
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member obamamania's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Lol Jersey
    Country
    United States
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,002
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    Unless Ohtaka wants to turn Alibaba into the type of character who defeats superior opponents through the power of tenacity alone (which is boring and cliche), he needs one more djinn. I can't see him with 3 because I do think he'll always be a slight underdog, and three puts him at Kouen's level theoretically. There's only so much you can do with fire alone, so as we've seen with the competent metal vessel users a second djinn can be combined with another to come up with something that transcends both. We also can't yet prove that Hakuryuu has received any power from Judal, or if he has even fallen, so it would suck if Alibaba got a powerup from Aladdin as his method of matching up with others. The only known way of being OP with white ruhk that we know of is by being a singularity, so Ohtaka would need to introduce some unbelievable new thing (I mean that in a bad way) to give a one djinn Alibaba a fighting chance.

  5. #5
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Dark Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    Since Hakuryuu obtained a 2nd Djinn of Life element, I expect Alibaba to get another Djinn of a fire-type element, such as Magma OR heat for instance
    Last edited by Dark Schneider; October 19, 2014 at 06:54 AM.
    Keep Calm and Respect the Jehoahaz Abrahams
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic178814_9.gif border=0 alt= />

  6. #6
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlphaIkaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Reim Empire
    Country
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,567
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    I kind of agree that he needs a second djinn. But I don't think it would be a good time to do some dungeon diving with the current turn of events.

    If Alibaba would get a second djinn, I prefer it would be of Lightning/Strength attribute. Alibaba's fighting style depends on his swordsmanship skills. We have seen him having a hard time with a larger sword and maxing up even just a djinn weapon equip. So my guess is that, maybe, a djinn that takes a fairly amount of physical elements/attribute to be used in the battlefield. Some of these elements/attirbute that I was talking about are Wind and Water.

    Also, I think it would be awesome if Alibaba was able to combine fire magic and lightning magic (some kind of Extreme magic).

    PS: Do you think Amon would be happy if Ali got a second djinn? He would be totally jealous!

    +-----+-----+-----+-----+|Magi Section|Tumblr|+-----+-----+-----+-----+

  7. #7
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaIkaros View Post
    I kind of agree that he needs a second djinn. But I don't think it would be a good time to do some dungeon diving with the current turn of events.

    If Alibaba would get a second djinn, I prefer it would be of Lightning/Strength attribute. Alibaba's fighting style depends on his swordsmanship skills. We have seen him having a hard time with a larger sword and maxing up even just a djinn weapon equip. So my guess is that, maybe, a djinn that takes a fairly amount of physical elements/attribute to be used in the battlefield. Some of these elements/attirbute that I was talking about are Wind and Water.

    Also, I think it would be awesome if Alibaba was able to combine fire magic and lightning magic (some kind of Extreme magic).

    PS: Do you think Amon would be happy if Ali got a second djinn? He would be totally jealous!
    Yeah, seeing that the current situation as of now isn't something to take too lightly, I have considered the there may not be enough time to actually go to a dungeon and conquer it. But maybe with the help of Kouen + Aladdin, the process of conquering another dungeon for Alibaba may not be as long and arduous

  8. #8
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Joker
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    well...

    spoilers for chapter 244 ahead.
    Spoiler show


    I would also like to see alibaba get better at magoi manipulation and maybe see some new fire attacks when using amon

  9. #9
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lovemagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    Morocco
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    I had love to see him with a second djinn or if Aladdin could somehow give him more powers than that's cool too.

  10. #10
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Dark Schneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    538
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovemagi View Post
    I had love to see him with a second djinn or if Aladdin could somehow give him more powers than that's cool too.
    The power that a Goi can use is restricted only in Metal vessel/Djinn and Household vessel ... gaining powers outside the frame of Djinn/household for the goi is out of the question.
    Keep Calm and Respect the Jehoahaz Abrahams
    <img src=http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic178814_9.gif border=0 alt= />

  11. #11
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lovemagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Country
    Morocco
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Schneider View Post
    The power that a Goi can use is restricted only in Metal vessel/Djinn and Household vessel ... gaining powers outside the frame of Djinn/household for the goi is out of the question.
    I know but it would be so cool if that was possible. xD
    Anyway, if he would get another one than it needs to be one related with Amon's power like as some of you already mentioned; Lightning for example.
    But I wouldn't mind if it was an other power like ice or water or somehing.

  12. #12
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    14
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    Amon better get over it because its power up or did time
    Spoiler show


    Quote Originally Posted by bladechronicles View Post
    Yeah, seeing that the current situation as of now isn't something to take too lightly, I have considered the there may not be enough time to actually go to a dungeon and conquer it. But maybe with the help of Kouen + Aladdin, the process of conquering another dungeon for Alibaba may not be as long and arduous
    Well it could be a rather unique honeymoon, Hakuryuu might buy the slight and if he does, there is a window. Aladdin should know ALOT more about the Djinn than anyone, including the locations and possibly the power of each.

    Quote Originally Posted by airmattress View Post
    well...

    spoilers for chapter 244 ahead.
    Spoiler show


    I would also like to see alibaba get better at magoi manipulation and maybe see some new fire attacks when using amon
    Well there is another possibility there was a web drawing pairing cassim and kougyoku http://websunday.net/backstage/ootaka/065.html it made no sense since they never even met, but it could have been major foreshadowing. It has been asked what happens if the king vessel dies, but
    Spoiler show
    It also seems that every character I have ever liked has had a really bad fate down the line, so this is going to be working in my head for awhile.
    Last edited by Graywords; October 23, 2014 at 08:55 PM.

  13. #13
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    Long time Magi reader, first time poster.

    I don't think he needs one. Adding metal vessels adds some variety to the number of powers you have, but the way Djinn Equip works prevents them from being used. What's more, as far as we know, Amon is the only Djinn capable of destroying metal vessels permanently. If it's a stand up fight, Alibaba can more than hold his own against most kings, and no matter how many metal vessels he has he won't be able to match the ones he can't beat.

    Again, you don't actually get more powerful when you gain a metal vessel. You gain new abilities.

    Right now, the main thing he should learn is magoi manipulation to make Amon's sword even stronger.

  14. #14
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Country
    Joker
    Posts
    853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eastgrove View Post
    Long time Magi reader, first time poster.

    I don't think he needs one. Adding metal vessels adds some variety to the number of powers you have, but the way Djinn Equip works prevents them from being used. What's more, as far as we know, Amon is the only Djinn capable of destroying metal vessels permanently. If it's a stand up fight, Alibaba can more than hold his own against most kings, and no matter how many metal vessels he has he won't be able to match the ones he can't beat.

    Again, you don't actually get more powerful when you gain a metal vessel. You gain new abilities.

    Right now, the main thing he should learn is magoi manipulation to make Amon's sword even stronger.
    welcome

    hm... well kouen powered up his fire djinn astharoth(?) by creating a volcano using his other djinn agares (earth djinn).
    This example kinda shows that even though they can't use two djinns at the same time, it's still possible to combine their powers one way or another. Hakuryuu might also be able to combine zagan and belial's powers in some way and overpower alibaba, especially since they are both "life" djinn

  15. #15
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    928
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Should Alibaba Obtain Another Djinn?

    While that's true, En has to leave himself vulnerable to pull that off. He needed Hakuei's protection to pull it off. Switching Djinn Equips isn't a matter of course and not every Djinn Equip is a good front-line fighter either.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts