Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/11/15 - 5/17/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.
- I wouldn't have raised the powerlevel of all characters to the stratosphere...
- I would've cared for characters except Naruto/Sasuke
- No Edo tensei shit
- dead characters stay dead
I'll learn English so that I'll bitchslap all of you.
^durr hurr im smarter than you because i said so
this manga is beyond repair, nothing anyone can do to improve it or fix up all these royal fuckups.
Distinguish between people buying this manga because they can/like it and distinguish between a thread which asks a person what would he do in Kishi's shoes.
Hint: personal opinions =/= always same.
Smart you ain't.
That's right. I just asked for your opinion and I respect all of them
1/ I wouldn't have gone with the whole Uchiha - Senju business.
- especially not having EVERY DAMN THING RELATING TO THE SOT6P...
- this would include the Uchiha and Senju being special sons of the sage...
2/ I would not have had Sasuke kill Orochimaru - rather poison him and run away.
This would have made a pathway for a story involving:
- Orochimaru trying to recapture his precious Uchiha, whilst avoiding both Konoha and Akatsuki
- Sasuke trying to gain enough power to kill Itachi, whilst trying to track him down and avoid Naruto/Konoha/Orochimaru
- Naruto trying to find Orochimaru (to get to Sasuke)/Sasuke, whilst avoiding Akatsuki
Naruto may even be forced into making a deal with Orochimaru to track down Sasuke, as both have common enemies in Akatsuki. Deal with the devil so to speak...
3/ Tobi would never have been head of Akatsuki, and would not have been Obito.
- Nagato had a much better plan, and was a much cooler villain, and seemed more of a threat.
- Moons eye plan is utterly lame in my opinion.
- Madara Uchiha would not have survived Hashirama Senju, and would have retained his dignity and coolness.
4/ No mass-Edo Tensei spam, or at least some serious drawbacks to it (other than the BS become free as Itachi/Madara did...)
- Itachi would have retained his coolness/dignity (his death was too good to be wasted in that way)
- Many other ninja would have retained their 'fear factor'/dignity - especially Hanzou + Dan
- Dan wouldn't have been brought back, so Jiraiya would have still won Tsunade's heart in the end (he deserved this much)
- NO KIN/JIN brothers or 3rd Raikage...
- NO sudden change of heart in Gaara's father - preferred him being a psychopathic character who doesn't understand his son's feelings...
- I wouldn't have seen the 2nd Mizukage... BEST CHARACTER EVER
5/ I also heavily agree that the manga has got seriously OTT with power levels.
- draw the manga back to how it was when The Third fought with the First and Second, and have tactics actually being important (not that they are not now, it's just that in the majority of the fights overwhelming power/a new godlike ability trumps tactics every time.
6?/ Also, perhaps I would have removed genjutsu as well
(although this wouldn't cripple Itachi as he is powerful without it, it would unfortunately cripple the 2nd Mizukage though...), this would make discussing fights much more interesting, as there are many ways to fight a ninjutsu or taijutsu, but the only way to fight genjutsu is with genjutsu/magic eyes (pretty much).
Probably in order of importance for me
Last edited by zimbardo; October 16, 2012 at 04:46 AM.
The opening page of chapter 1 said: "Once appeared a nine tailed demon fox. It's mighty tails could crumble mountains & cause tsunamis. To fight the demon, the people assenmbled. All the shinobi from the other village. One brave shinobi was able to seal up the demon but because of that he lost his life. That shinobi was called the 4th Hokage."
From this statement alone we are able to gather that destroying mountains & causing tsunamis was well in the reach of the naruto world easily. And from the same statement we gather that 1 shinobi was able to oppose a demon able to cause such destruction and that Shinobi is known as the 4th Hokage.
From part one Naruto, we learn that there are 5 different Kages who lead their individual village therefore who know that there are more people who can atleast oppose a mountain destroying demon. From part one we learn that Jonin is the highest rank that can be given to a ninja before becoming a Kage and we also learn that there are countless jonin rank ninjas in a village therefore we can also conclude that more Shinobi can oppose a mountain destroying demon.
If people have watched other animes or read other mangas or read a bit japanese myths, then people will know that there are other 8 demons out there who can also destroy mountains & etc.
The power of amatersu was also shown in part one, so if you read japenese myths, we should know to expect more power.
In part one we know that there is an organisation called Akatsuki, consist of 9 members who hunt for these 9 demons(if you read myths you should be able to further conclude that) for a big plot. We know they go to individual villages or cities to get these beast. We also know for them to do this, they must likely fight high level shinobi(jonins or even the Kage) left & right.
In the end, what I'm saying is that ninja's have alway been strong, part one didn't introduce the other villages but part two was designed to do that. Part one marely introduced the lowest ranking ninja's(genins).
So all this "OverPowered stuff people are taking about" doesn't really make sense because it's been there since the beginning of the manga.
So Zimbardo, I'm gonna have to disagree with reason number 5(or rather most of your list because they almost kinda say the same thing as reason 5) which says the manga has gone "OTT with power levels". And I'm also gonna disagree with what you said about tactics not being utilised in part 2 like it was in part 1. The latest chapter with Kakashi, Naruto & Gai shown just how important tactics really is.
Last edited by Kay3795; October 17, 2012 at 12:51 AM.
Do you think that if Madara had been resurrected by Orochimaru instead of Tobirama (for example), then he would have summoned a 100m high (or more) Susanoo, made a fireball that would (probably) cover half of Konoha, summoned a meteor?? Would Hashirama have summoned his sleeping pollen plant, made a wall of mokuton as large as Madara did - "shape the whole battlefield" (more than just a roof)?!? - His punches would have also ripped through the third, just as Tobi's mokuton punches have in the recent chapter...
Surely you must see that the power levels have been HUGELY boosted recently?
It is only point 5 (and maybe point 6) that mention changing the power of the moves in this manga.
Also about the recent chapter showing how tactics are so very important, their tactics were failing until they managed to luckily work out that Kakashi had the 1 in a billion chance of sharing the eyes with Tobi that enabled him to teleport a Naruto clone to the same dimension as Tobi. This succeeded in allowing him to hit with one Rasengan (which really didn't do enough damage for all the effort they put forward), KOing Kakashi (pretty much) and enabling Tobi to prepare for a similar attack (their only surefire way of hitting him)...
Sure tactics have been shown, but their effect is limited by the OP moves that are required to go along with them.
Last edited by zimbardo; October 17, 2012 at 01:35 AM.