Since Hunter x Hunter was older than the internet, there a lot or rumors going on till this day. Why don't we round up the most common as well as the most obscure rumors we've heard through out our HxH fandom? And why don't we try and figure them out to see which ones are false, true and Unsubstantiated
Based on Kanzenshuu's Rumor guide, we'll categorize them as the following:
- General (Authorship, anime direction, etc.) (ex. Is Togashi sick?)
- Movies, TV Specials, and Features (Anything relates to non-TV animated features) (ex. There's a HxH pilot?)
- Translations and Dub Errors (False information caused by different translations or dubbing companies) (ex. Chrollo got a twin brother?)
- Characters (In-Universe character-related) (ex. Mito is not Gon's aunt?)
Shall we start with the most common rumor of all time?
- General: The reason for Togashi's hiatus' is due to his illness (Specifically a heart disease).
- General: The reason for Togashi's hiatus' is due to his laziness.
What do you guys think? Sick? Lazy? Or something else? And why does the fans use these two excuses for his delays?
I think its both. Now what I mean is he probably gets sick as he's writing and then he rest day after day playing games. When you don't work for long and just stay home and play games all day you get lazy and you don't want to do anything but play all day. I speak from experience xD
His hiatuses are usually a year and a half... in my opinion it only TAKES him like half a year to get better. But who really knows, I'm just speculating.
General: The reason for the hiatus is Dragon Quest
I think family may also be a reason.
Yeah it is. I remember one of his hiatuses was due to his second child being born.
Or maybe He's just lazy
Togashi is not by any means a young man. I think that he takes breaks for his health, not because he is sick every time there is a hiatus, but to prevent himself from becoming too sick. During his run with YuYu Hakusho he nearly died.
I've never heard of anything about Togashi being physically ill but he probably has more stress than others given his fans are pretty hard on him too, and he might be hard on himself too.
Characters: Alluka is a girl.
It'd be amusing if Togashi never addresses this.
Killua is a girl.
Biscuit is Gon's real mom
the lazy thing also been proven.... coz of dragon quest..
I think the not so famous excuse is Togashi vs company (editor, boss etc) - work related disputes....
I found an article here:: http://indiehunk.wordpress.com/tag/yoshihiro-togashi/
and also there is a rumor before about the impending transfer to Kodansha??? (since wife work there???)
well the divorce rumor is proven wrong...