Demon World Arc
Saint Ishiyama Academy Arc
Prince En Arc
Akumano Academy Arc
Memory Loss Arc
Field Trip Arc
Hero Show Arc
Demon's Portrait Arc
Furuichi and the Tissues Arc
Christmas Arc (Latest Arc)
All the arcs have been funny, but if I have to say one, I'd say the Saint Ishiyama Arc.
How could be forgotten the most epic and hilarious Volleyball match?
Wow, that was a really tough choice! I ended up going for the Tissues arc, because Furuichi's my favorite character, and the chapters were hilarious!
But honestly, they were all awesome. Maybe in hindsight the Prince En arc and the Akumano Academy arc weren't as epic because there were also a bit dark and a bit rushed at the conclusion.
Uragh... this too tough dammit...now I'll have to make another damn list....ugh...
Saint Ishiyama arc is the best one:
- Full of new and good characters: Rokkisei, Kazu and Azusa.
- Everyone of Ishiyama in the same class? Hilarious chapter!
- Hanazawa becomes more participative.
- Hilda and Alaindelon enters the school.
- I am never tired of reading the event at the school's rooftops. Natsume, Kanzaki, Himekawa, Kunieda, Toujo and Oga together in a "fight"? Dammit, Akumano Academy arc! (this the way Akumano arc should be, at very least. That's why it isn't the best arc, in my opinion)
- Mister Volleyball.
- And the epic volleyball match.
- Zen-san arrives and Zen vs Hilda, hilarious!
Saint Ishiyama is the arc that made me fall in love with Beelzebub!
Nice Poll´s thx guys no matter of Miss Beelzebub or this one really good Polls.
This was really are hard decision. Cause i love Beelzebub so much that i really couldn´t say which one was the most amazing.
Remember the price winning picture the Dragon of Behemoth, legendary Giant Beel so i choose this one.
Why it was the first Time we see a Part of Demon World. Everyone says after it was only one Village there will be coming more later. Im still hoping it that we see another Demon World part. Next Argument was 100% Giant Beel vs Monster and Commander Oga on his Shoulders, doing Wrestling moves. I never laugh so much befor when i read this, this was amazing. Also for me a never forgeting Moment, when the unknown Person appear and Baby Beel was on rampage how Oga get him back.
Oga say the magic Words "It´s time to eat". So funny and Baby Beel smiles on his Face. Only wonderful. Also a part for my vote, was Furichi the white Knight safe the Princess, while he stuck in the prison cell window. I like this Arc maybe short but very Funny.
I can't choose, but the Christmas arc we're on could be my favorite. so far I'm loving all the chapters and keep rereading them.
Every arc has its moments: Park Debut for the Tohoshinki Arc, Godzilla Beel for the Demon World Arc, the volleyball match for the Saint Ishiyama Academy Arc, Himekawa buying the video game to ante En's neverending cheating during the Prince En Arc, the sudoku puzzle for the Akumano Academy Arc, etc. Collectively, I view the En Saga (the Prince En Arc + the Akumano Academy Arc + the Memory Loss Arc) as the best highlights of Beelzebub.
But the Furuichi and the Tissues Arc was my absolute favorite so far, if just for the simple fact the joke character of the series one-shotting nearly everyone and that the constant verbal/physical abuse is really having a negative effect on Furuichi's sanity, which is something that is usually glossed over in other series and dismissed as nothing more than humor. The current arc has some potential too, depending on how it ends.
I'm not at all surprised (although the sample is too small for statistical significance) that the Saint Ishiyama Arc is the only one to pose a challenge to Furuichi and the Tissues Arc, including with my own vote. I believe it showed Tamura-sensei at the height of his narrative powers: it introduced Miki and one of the most complex stories in the series so far, revealing hidden depths in Oga's seemingly dense personality; it has some of the best humour chapters, including "Volleyball or die", always a favourite among readers; it showed the whole bunch of thugs as more prone to band together for a common cause than would be expected, and started the process of attenuation of Himekawa and Kanzaki's viciousness; and it started to develop the plot in new directions (although the trend appeared for the first time in the Demon World Arc).
All in all, it is a work of perfection, closing up with some of the most thrilling chapters so far: Miki's final realisation and the way he fights back to back with Oga was perfectly executed: it flowed naturally, it wasn't tacky or sentimental, and more was left to be understood without words than said. Most characters came out of it with new aspects of their personality presented to the readers. In a sense, it really got the plot going.
Now, I will concede that the Furuichi Arc was also very poignant, had a very good balance of humour and seriousness, character development was at its best, and it features one of my favourite fights. Also, Furuichi's backstory with Oga was something the readership, myself included, had been longing for for ages. It only falls short of perfection, in my opinion, because it did not really advance the plot. In a very narrow sense of the word, it can be described as filler (although the average filler in this manga is far superior to the main plot of many manga). Of course, Behemoth's words do imply that there may be more to Furuichi than meets the eye, but that is not really enough to call it "advancing the plot". Of course, I share the joy of everyone who was happy to see our favourite underdog carry the day for a while.
Tissues Arc FTW even though it is short you can laugh at every pages it have ^^.. If I may add the most disappointing arc for me is the Akumano Academy arc because from all the build up of the pillars etc they been defeated easily and this arc is rush IMO it could be the greatest arc in terms of fighting but failed because of how the author rush it still a good arc and most of the arc are good but Tissues arc is the funniest
My top 5 favorite arcs!
1. Prince En arc: Yeah, its not Furuichi's arc, but don't worry its on this section somewhere...
Anywho this is the Beelzebub that really got me hoping out of my chair and being a insane laughing fanboy, The precense of Humor was as strong as ever and there was an acctual plot building up leading to the best transition towards an action scene (imo) ever and damn did that final fight payoff. The biggest positive on this for me is that it felt very much like Beelzebub rather than 'slap on action series name here'*cough*cough*Fairy*cough*tail*cough* and even after the fight was over it had a hilarious resolution and transition to its next arc. Stuff like this that makes Beelzebub the series of my dreams!
2. St. Ishyama arc: I was pretty curious as to what would follow up the begining of beelzebub into a regular runner and I have to say this arc did a pretty good job of it, I really liked the fued between the Ishyama students (who I have begun to warm up to some at this point) and the St. Ishyama students that sparked out a badass rooftop fight and a volleyball match of DEATH (ok not really but you get the idea)
3. Tohoushinki arc: The original arc that started it all, this arc hit all of the right buttons for me to get hooked on the series from its oneshot, chapter one and all the way onwards, not only was it batshit hilarious but it was once Tojo came around it showed me that the series could have some grit to it, and I love series that are fun with grit! Also lets not forget that this arc houses probably one of my favorite normal or over all fight scenes of all time; the second round of Oga vs. Tojo. A delinquent fist fight at its finest!
4. Furuichi's Tissues arc: Aha! here it is! 2012 was a fairly slow year for beelzebub so of course when this arc came around it knocked everyone for a loop, even those who were falling out of beelzebub (which had an unfortunate follow up arc). but at anyrate, in addition to the usual Beelzebub Hilarity we got some great character development for Furuichi and a bit of a look at their pasts.
5. Hero show 'arc': A small simple yet fun arc featuring some great Beelzebub style humor some of my favorite characters and all around just a good time I had reading and I can go back to re-read that at any point and still enjoy it.
My inbetween arcs
6. Demon high arc: I have a love/hate sort of raltion with this arc, that mostly love but the hate part is like a subborn piece of gum on a nice sidewalk that you can't really ignore. What I like is the upped humor within the sense of urgency, the plot movement and characterization and the sheer badassery of Oga storming into the place with Tojo showing up and Aoi following. Now this is kind of where the hate begins...We NEVER see what the hell Tojo does, something I can more or less forgive if Ryuhei uses it again in the future, Aoi, right when she was having her momment to be awesome got taken away by some random mooks (thats really all most of those guys were anyhow) and team up with Agiel only to NEVER SEE WHAT RESULTED FROM IT! (Really tamura you could have went places with this!) Now at this point I would rant about Oga's fight but I recently had an epiphany about how the power transfer between Oga and Beel went for him to win and now feel like a bonehead for not realizing it sooner. It could have been a better arc, heck it could have even been #1, but it kinda tripped up in places near the end and I hope they get resolved as the series goes on.
7.Demon portait/feild trip arcs: Tied because I don't feel like I could place one over the other, both were funny in their own rights, and the feild trip arc had nice spots of characterization, while the Demon Portait arc held a nice tidbit and possible foreshadowing on Beel's mother. the only downside to both is that the painting arc felt odd for beelzebub overall and for the feildtrip arc, its that Aiba's such a mixed bag for me, he can really help add some story elements and has Chihiyo but I can't put myself to like him!
8.Demon World arc: Like with the Hero show arc, this is something I think was just a fun side journey and at the time I looked towards as possible foreshawdowing. Besides Giant Beel was awesome XDthe only real downside to it is that it feels a bit insignifigant now, which could change but Alandelion's daughter (forgot her name) and Athuron are nowhere in sight, and the series has moved to bigger and better things.
My least favorite arcs
9.Memory loss arc: It has its momments, but I just don't like as much as other arcs. Thats really the only reason its this low with me...
10.Chirstmas festival arc: yeah this was my least favorite of them all, it has some nice momments here and there but oddly enough some of the jokes flew over my head, couples I figred would be more hilarious weren't in later points and....Aiba shows up...I'm pretty sure most of you can geuss I get headaches when he shows up. It was Nice that Tamura did a christmas thing, but that dosn't really make up for the lack of impression this arc had on me...
Cool thread I also choose Furuichi arc.. I've read it a couple of times and i always laugh my ass off.. it's just to hilarious Really.. i love Furuichi, He had his time to shine at last! Bacause earlier almost everyone was kicking his ass.. And then sudennly He was like: "just die instantly, please" I loved this moment!!! Like a BOSS
Furuichi arc by far. I picked up beelzebub again (yesterday) just to read that arc (I skipped some stuff). There is so much to that arc, especially with Behemoth wondering how a regular human can take so much demon power (is Furuichi completely human!?). We also get how Oga and Furuichi became friends, see the original red tails, and finally see Furuichi does have self pride and doesn't appreciate being dissed all the time. We also see that Furuichi has an unshakeable will (perhaps the strongest in the manga) when he is set on something.
Favorite arc is an easy question, different with question like "the funniest arc", which surely this manga has plenty of funny moments that hard to compare one another. While it also has plenty of epic moment or something else that matter, Furuichi's tissues arc comes as my best arc.
Furuichi is my favorite chara, and that arc show the reader that he is also human, he can't take everything and laugh it off.
It's interesting to know what he goona do when blessed with fighting power he lack before.
Normal human lack power, and when he able to become a hero or protect something, it's really "epic". I mean, it's perfectly normal to see Oga save furuichi when he actually have the power to do so. But when furuichi stand up for others, knowing he has no power, it's really awesome. Because real human is powerless (and sometimes coward too). Human like Furuichi or Usopp is really really cool imo. This arc tell those strong monster, that deep inside weak body of normal human, it also scream "I wanna be strong".