Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (6/22/15 - 6/28/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
New Reply

Thread: [Webtoon] Witch Hunt by SSO Park

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[Webtoon] Witch Hunt by SSO Park

Genre: Drama, Supernatural, School-life, Comedy
    Author: SSO Park
    Artist: SSO Park
    Description: At the first day of his school, Gamin saw something that he shouldn't have seen and from that day, his previously witch-less life became double double toiled and troubled. (Taken from the LINE Webtoon page)

My thoughts: An interesting series. It's hard take too much away from the mere 5 chapters but I like the mix of tones it has. The innocent school life style of the early chapters makes a nice contrast with the lethal danger that seems to be closing in. The protagonist, Gamin, also seems to be a bit unusual in that he's not the typical bullied nice kid. He's a thief and kind of a brat; but this is done in a way that didn't cause me to dislike him so much as wonder why he is the way he is. Which I assume is something the story will get to later.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 03, 2015 at 11:30 AM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Webtoon] Witch Hunt by SSO Park

Hmm read upto the latest chap in the Line. The MC is a bit of a pain i mean too bratty rather than your normal chara, I am not sure I will like him or dislike him. Well time will say chapter is a bit too soon for a webtoon to judge a character unless you are rachel(TOG).
    Other than that I fail to see how the MC will have any effect on the story. I mean there are hunters and there are witch, this guy is a nobody and I dont see him to be a hunter nor can he be a wizard as far as the reaction from the girl goes when he asked if he can do those stuffs and all that. I dont like a Main character who cant do jack rather just plod along the story and be under some other characters umbrella.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    Hmm read upto the latest chap in the Line. The MC is a bit of a pain i mean too bratty rather than your normal chara, I am not sure I will like him or dislike him. Well time will say chapter is a bit too soon for a webtoon to judge a character unless you are rachel(TOG).
    Other than that I fail to see how the MC will have any effect on the story. I mean there are hunters and there are witch, this guy is a nobody and I dont see him to be a hunter nor can he be a wizard as far as the reaction from the girl goes when he asked if he can do those stuffs and all that. I dont like a Main character who cant do jack rather just plod along the story and be under some other characters umbrella.
    Well, that's the story isn't it?

If we knew how he was going to effect the story, then it wouldn't be a good one. Obviously, something is going to happen and he is going to be involved. Whether that's by getting magical powers, helping the girl, or whatever; who knows. I mean, it's at chapter 5. That being said I see enough interesting in this series that I definitely want to find out.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm thats a nice way to put it. I think i will add this one on my regular list. I didnt find it bad and ya i too would like to see how he gets involved into the story. I guess I ws too much immersed into Gamer and TOG where the MC is the key player from the start.

---------- Post added January 18, 2015 at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was January 05, 2015 at 01:18 AM ----------

Cant sat i like the mc that much. He is way too bratty and childish nd preppy. I hope he changes.
    I always like manga where the mc has a worth and a likeable chara be it hero or anti hero.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He's definitely the weak point of this series right now. No question about that.

Though I'm curious as to the reason why. Though I hope the priority in the storytelling will be to manage some form of redemption for himself and then later learn why he was the way he was. Because I agree right now he's a little bit too much of a D-bag.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I am giving this a shot. I am only up to Chapter 5 or 6, but I kind of like that he is a little thief. Of course, it will all depend where it develops from here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's about the way I feel about it.

He has to have a reason for the way he is. It's not like he wants to be a bad guy. But he's pretty immature and selfish. It also seems like that girl has become even more jaded because of what he did and it doesn't seem like he's even accepted that he was at fault for what happened. She really doesn't have any reason to forgive or trust him and I'm curious if/how he's going to be able to earn that trust.
    Last edited by Jammin; January 18, 2015 at 06:42 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I read more chapters since I have a down afternoon and I get the concerns about the MC even more now ha ha. I get what the creator is going for-sort of an endearing stupid loser? There are variations of that in a lot of different webtoons/manga/manwha whatever else, but it just misses the mark with this MC for me. However, it definitely has some potential (and so does the MC). The plot is getting pretty exciting, I see hints of backstory with the MC that may make his character make more sense, and maybe the MC getting beat up all the time will make him more endearing Thanks for recommending this Jammin!

New Reply