Kubo: In the next arc, I’ve decided that Unohana will enter the battlefiled. Her zanpakuto’s true form will also be revealed. I can also add that when Unohana fights, she unravels her large braid.
Found this paragraph from your link
perhaps her bankai is like Tsunade from naruto, maybe she has like mass healing bankai or something while taking the life force from whomever she is fighting. just a thought.
Kubo: The fourth and final person of interest in the scan and in the interview with Kubo Tite is the Captain of the Fourth Division, Unohana Retsu. The scan mentions Unohana, will finally use her Zanpakuto against an enemy and enter battle in the up-coming new arc. She is the most senior member of the Gotei 13, after the Captain Commander, and has a special duty of healing others.
Maybe her Bankai can revive ALL the fallen Shinigami *,-,*?
TBH I wouldn't be surprised, she MUST be op (I have VERY high hopes in Shunsui's and Urahara's Bankai too).
Byakuya was dumb for jumping the gun and using his Bankai on the enemy, even after, Mayuri warned them all about the "Bankai Stealing" method being used by Quincy. Plus, As Nodt was already wounded by Byakuya's Shikai, so how is Unohana exactly "useless"...?.
Also, Byakuya is a "Captain", which means it's his duty to fight on the battlefield and not be catered too, even on the verge of death. Unohana cannot go around saving "everyone" and trying to protect her own life as well as Soul Society. What about the Vice Captains, who are standing idle as well?. The Zero Division even?. Or Isshin for the matter?.
This is a War and there will be casualties on both sides, especially when your dealing with the greatest rivals of the Shinigami.
When, Unohana finally shows her hands all you haters will change your opinions quicker than blinking an eye and be on Unohana's ovaries.
"Oh, she's the sh*t", "She's a beast", "My Goodness, I never thought she could be capable of this", "No wonder, Kubo saved her debut after all these years", "Damn son, Unohana is no joke".
Can't wait for those posts in the near future.
2. Captains hold the main firepower capable of standing up to the Quincy generals that are laying waste to Soul Society. It is foolish to abandon them when there are chances of their revival. Unohana trying to preserve her own safety is fine, but standing by idly with her vice captain while thousands die seems very irresponsible and callous when compared to Byakuya's lament about his failure to protect his subordinates.
3. Vice captains are not standing by idly. They are dying/getting defeated one by one.
4. Zero division seems to be in an alternate dimension and Bach said that they will be arriving now that the main forces of 13th Division are decimated, implying that Zero division is more like a backup more than the primary army. It is not that the zero division is being useless. They do not appear until it is deemed necessary for them to take action, which is when a threat big enough to destroy the main 13 divisions first appears.
This is COMPLETELY different from Unohana, who is just standing idly while being aware that thousands of people are dying.
5. Ishin is not associated with Soul Society anymore and may not be even aware that there is a war going on, considering that the Quincy basically ambushed the 13 divisions before the special day (the Quincy came earlier than they had previously announced)
6. Unohana is from the 4th division and she is trained to provide treatment under battlefield conditions.
7. Even if Unohana eventually ends up showing some badass abilities later on, the only reaction that will be drawing from me is "why the hell did she not do this EARLIER."
If she does turn out to be so badass that the Quincies are put to shame, it only makes that much more apparent why she had stayed back all this time. It must be noted that this is AFTER even Yamamoto went to the front lines.
Last edited by SuperSaiyan4; October 27, 2012 at 09:58 PM.
I can't help but wonder,by did not Byakuya let Renji use his Bankai?After all,they did not know the specifics on how the VR sealed the Bankai,so it would have been more of a safe-guard to let those less powerful who have a Bankai to use it and see how the VR seal the Bankais,while saving the Bankais of the more powerful captains.Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan4
Of course she is trained to provide healing under battlefield conditions,but as the VR were very informed about SS,I think that amongst their main targets would have been Unohana,so they can cut off the main healer of SS,thus leaving them no big room for recovery.And to try and heal someone whilst an SR would attack is by no means an easy feat.Originally Posted by SuperSayian4
If we're prioritizing people with fire power then the fact that Byakuya lost his bankai might actually work to his disadvantage. At that point it might be considered more important to rescue people like Renji and preserve his bankai or heal Shunsui rather than save someone who has already lost their bankai. I'd still be amazed if she could get very far from her location without getting wrapped up in fights.
Last edited by Regret; October 28, 2012 at 01:28 PM.
1. First and foremost, Mayuri did inform them about the Quincy being able to steal Bankai, right before the Capatain Commander cut him off. So, they did have some idea. And to prove that further, you do remember Shunsui speaking about one of the Captains performing Bankai, just to see if Mayuri's information was true or not and not to mention, Mayuri analyzing the method long enough to find a counter to it.
2. Say what you want about Unohana, but Byakuya was gaining the upperhand against As Nodt with "Shikai" and just because your in denial about it, doesn't mean I'm gonna blame Unohana, Hitsugaya, Soi Fon, Kommamura, Uktiake or anyone else. If Byakuya needs help every time he's losing a battle, then he shouldn't be a Captain anymore.
3. Kira is the only VC that got defeated. And the others are backing off, because frankly they aren't strong enough yet to face off against the Vandenreich. Not to mention what happened to both Hisagi and Renji and Rukia.
4. If Soul Society itself is being overwhelmed to the point that the General Commander is defeated, then what's the hold up. Not that I really care to be honest with you, because, even if they do show up, Bach is ready for them too.
5. so, Urahara was exiled from SS and yet he's still associated with them, but Isshin, a former shinigami has cut all ties with them. And yet, he aided in the small war against Aizen?. okay.
6. Not a doubt about this. but, let's say your right then. so, Unohana is supposed to take care of "everyone then" right?. Kira, Hisagi, Shunsui (he's eye at least), Byakuya, and whoever else is injured or on the verge of death.
7. As i've said before, Kubo has given very little about what she's capable of and is saving it for later. Your real beef overall isn't really with Unohana, because she's just a fictional character written into the story by Kubo. Kubo being the writer, is the one you have a real "beef" with over the logic of her standing by idly while your favorite character dies on the "battlefield".
Yeah, good guys aren't suppose to die on the battlefield in your mind, but it sounds logical to me.
OK- I have one question.
Isnt it possible, that byakuya dies,,,, but gets revived by unohana, so what if his zanpaktou blew away in ashes. ok so he flatlined, cant she bust out the kidu shock paddles and bring him back.
Its not like he got cut in half, his body is mostly intact.
also this makes me wonder why his bankai hurt him so badly? I guess he doesnt truly accept his power so it can hurt him. its like the opposite of FGT training.
Maybe her bankai is the ability to ressurect dead people!
That would explain why Kubo is so keen with killing everyone!
2. Nodt just received a fleshwound from Byakuya's shikai. And I think Byakuya's words (his enemy cannot be defeated without using Bankai) are more reliable than your speculations considering that HE'S the one fighting Nodt. I am not in denial about anything, I am just following what was written in the script. And if I recall correctly, Nodt got anihilated by Genyusai a moment later and Byakuya is left alone at that point. How else would Ichigo be able to talk to Byakuya without interruption when there were no one else around? In such case, Unohana could be doing so much to remedy the situation. That's why she is being useless.
3. Kira, Rukia, and Renji all got defeated. There are numerous other ranked officers that are being massacred right now. Besides, i wrote point 3 earlier to counter your suggestion that vice captains are also being useless. But in reality, they are being hell of a lot more useful than Unohana at the moment. There are VCs standing by Hitsugaya, Soi fon, Shinji, and so on supporting their fights against the Sternritter. Others are at least TRYING to protect Soul Society while Unohana is doing nothing.
4. You do realize that the Zero division is going to show up NOW that the captain commander is defeated, right? If the Zero division was stationed as standby to begin with, the 13 divisions was formed under the assumption that the main 13 captains were strong enough to protect Soul society without the aid from the Zero division. Now that the main division was defeated, the Zero division is going to do their job.
-Based on the fact that captains are PROMOTED to zero division, I Would guess that captains in the Zero division are much stronger than those in the main 13 divisions.
-Genyusai only got defeated because his bankai got stolen. I am pretty sure the zero division captains could do a lot better with at least their Shikai intact
-This does not change the fact that Unohana is doing NOTHING AT ALL.
5. If you look at the attitude 13 divisions are taking towards Ichigo (about how they do not want humans involved in Shinigami affairs), why would they go to Isshin in this situation? Even if they wanted Isshin's help, they were ambushed. They are being attacked when they least expected it. They were already having problems communicating with the outside world. If you are not stubborn enough to realize how hard it was to just bring Ichigo to Soul Society, you can see that this makes sense.
Above all, this does not change the fact that Unohana is doing NOTHING.
6. Unohana's responsibility is providing medical aid in the battlefield. She should be helping whomever she can, if not everyone. She should not be JUST STANDING THERE. What use is a captain of the MEDICAL division if she does not do her job?
7. Of COURSE I am having beef with the writer, but does that change the fact that Unohana is being USELESS? Besides, Byakuya is not my favorite character, so do not make baseless assumptions. None of what you said changes the fact that Unohana is not doing ANYTHING.
Moreover, I do not have any problem with good guys dying. I was afraid that Kubo would have everyone survive after introducing Orihime's ability to bring anyone back from the dead. But at least the deaths should make SENSE. and NONE OF THIS changes the fact that Unohana is not doing ANYTHING.
I really hope that you learn how to debate with another person, because your arguments are irrelevant. Everything you said could be summed into "Unohana not being useful is justified because there are other people who are not helping either." None of what you said changes the fact that Unohana is not doing ANYTHING.
Last edited by SuperSaiyan4; October 28, 2012 at 09:39 PM.
@SuperSaiyan4, so Unohana is "useless" because she hasn't attempted to save your favorite character and blah, blah, blah, blah?.
p.s., Okay, if Mayuri barely knew anything, then how did Urahara know about the "Bankai Stealing" method that he explained to Ichigo?. And correct me if i'm wrong, when did Urahara even find out about the situation with the Vandenreich and Soul Society?.
Fact is, the Captains were warned about using their Bankai against the enemy and Byakuya jumped the gun. period. As Nodt was wounded enough, for Byakuya to use "other methods" in fighting. Um, isn't Byakuya well skilled in "Kidou Arts" and "Shunpo". He used these techniques very, very well against Zommari (7th Espada) in Hueco Mundo, but here against a Quincy, he automatically needs to unleash his most powerful technique?.
Plus, he did this before against Tsukishima and barely won. Against a Fullbringer at that.
Truth is, Byakuya was overhyped by Kubo and you can't take it.
Shunsui (or even, Ukitake) over Byakuya's prideful a$$, any day. Pride always equals defeat, when relied too much on, but don't go blaming Unohana, who's had more experience on the battlefield and seen more tragedies than Byakuya ever has and accuse her for being useless or soft. Even, Aizen was hesitant to attack her, when he revealed his true colors.
Be patient yo, Unohana will show you, who she truly is in a battle, just as Yamamoto just did.
p.s., You can't teach me how to debate. It's my opinion versus yours and we both as Bleach fans just think differently about the manga and the characters. PEACE.