Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (4/13/15 - 4/19/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Come make your nominations in Fairy Tail Awards.
New Reply
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ranking the Sins

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Ranking the Sins

To be honest, I'm a bit surprised there isn't already a thread like this. Perhaps because Escanor (the last sin) was only introduced recently?
    Anyway, this is about the plausible ranking of the sins. All things considered (their strength, abilities, ST etc.) how would you rank them? Ofcourse it will be speculation to a large extent but everyone probably already has an opinion about it.
    For me its:
    Meliodas
    Escanor
    Merlin
    King
    Gowther
    Ban
    Diane
    Last edited by Holt; April 01, 2015 at 02:25 AM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Incognitop's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ranking the Sins

aw i thought this was ranking the sins's sexiness.
    i'll put my list here regardless

*Official* Ranking of Sexiness
    1 - Gowther (Gowther is love, Gowther is life)
    2 - Escanor (Muscle Form)
    3 - Merlin (Thirst Incarnate)
    4 - Apron Ban (Ladies? )
    5 - Diane (Cute, but no my type)
    6 - Regular Ban (you know...)
    7 - Meliodas (I'll leave him for Elizabeth)
    8 - Weak Escanor (He is adorable, but not sexy)
    9 - King (no)
    10 - Fat King (Just no)

I'll add my power ranking after Edinburgh's Vampires Part 3 is released on March 25th and we see what Escanor can do.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol. If I were ranking sexiness, probably be the same but I'll swap Merlin and gowther.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is pretty hard. So many things can be taken into consideration. But with all things considered, I'd go with this list:
    Gowther
    Merlin
    Meliodas
    King
    Diane
    Ban

*Escanor is mostly unknown, but we can assume his physical ability is great.

Invasion is kinda OP, especially if we take Gowther's power growth without his meds into consideration. The author himself finds ways to keep Gowther out of fights because most things could be ended easily with Invasion.

Sexiness:
    1: Buffcanor
    2: Merlin/Gowther
    3: Diane (only when her hair is down and she's serious)

Everyone else ain't crap.

Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a tier list discussion thread but since this one is only about the Sins.

1.Meliodas obviously
    2.Merlin: Because of hype.
    3.Gowther: He has arguably better feats than Merlin.
    4.King
    5.Diane
    6.Ban: Only because he has not his ST.

I prefer to wait to see what Escanor's Magic but he is clearly N.2 in terms of Physical strength. I am sure that he is stronger than Diane at least, maybe it's just a matter of match ups too.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

i'ld say as fighters 1.Meliodas,
    2.Merlin and Escanor,
    3.King,
    4.Ban,
    5.Diane
    6.Gowther
    though its possible that King going all out would be at the same level as Meliodas, or at least Merlin and Escanor. Hopefully the next chapter will showcase that.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

King already went all out during the final fight with Helbram where Diane was injured, he is no more hiding his true power.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Demonspeed View Post
    King already went all out during the final fight with Helbram where Diane was injured, he is no more hiding his true power.
    No he didnt, and yeah he is. King was totally calm during the fight with Helbram, and only used the power of his sacred treasure, but we never saw him use disaster in a serious fight. And somebody who could make entire kingdoms quiver in fear without a sacred treasure is definitely much stronger than what we have seen. It is very likely that he, as well as the other sins were holding back to prevent any collateral damage. And when King was actually fighting Helbram he was actually owning the guy. During the part where it looked like Helbram was winning, King was just trying to prevent Diane from bleeding to death. Otherwise Helbram didnt even touch him.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well gowther is low on my list because while invasion is pretty powerful, I believe it wouldn't easily catch sin caliber fighters in a serious match. Well, it could possibly mean game over if it hits. Also due to the fact that Diane in human form seemed to tie with gowther. They both obviously weren't aiming to kill but they must have been serious to an extent so they probably also weren't holding back.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by overlordpringerx View Post
    No he didnt, and yeah he is. King was totally calm during the fight with Helbram, and only used the power of his sacred treasure, but we never saw him use disaster in a serious fight. And somebody who could make entire kingdoms quiver in fear without a sacred treasure is definitely much stronger than what we have seen. It is very likely that he, as well as the other sins were holding back to prevent any collateral damage. And when King was actually fighting Helbram he was actually owning the guy. During the part where it looked like Helbram was winning, King was just trying to prevent Diane from bleeding to death. Otherwise Helbram didnt even touch him.
    Disaster is always used when he is using his ST, it was stated by Guila during their fight. It is an amplifier, I am not saying that he is not very strong, he is, but not strong to that degree, Helbram was no match for him once he used his full power, that's what I meant, Helbram is not Sins level. There was no reason for him to hold back against Hendrickson too.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Well gowther is low on my list because while invasion is pretty powerful, I believe it wouldn't easily catch sin caliber fighters in a serious match. Well, it could possibly mean game over if it hits. Also due to the fact that Diane in human form seemed to tie with gowther. They both obviously weren't aiming to kill but they must have been serious to an extent so they probably also weren't holding back.
    Well, Gowther himself is a Sin. Invasion coupled with Herritt is hax, his body is nigh impossible to destroy because he is a Doll and he shown that he could Hijack magic attacks to an ex
    Last edited by Demonspeed; March 04, 2015 at 04:27 AM.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Gowther himself is a Sin. Invasion coupled with Herritt is hax, his body is nigh impossible to destroy because he is a Doll and he shown that he could Hijack magic attacks to an ex
    Yeah he is a sin but I doubt his invasion would easily catch the other sins as well. Diane in human form held her own against gowther and it didn't seem like both were holding back too much.
    I believe his hijack works on things like golems or so. It shouldn't work on hellblaze or chastefiol for example. He is a doll but he isn't indestructible.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It was a short fight which was interrupted and there was no way for Diane, who was weakened and without her weapon to win this though her form had its advantages, she would have been unable to dodge like that in Giant form. Gowther is similar to King, he can spam his arrows with ease. During their training even the agile Ban could not dodge all of King's attacks.
    Not that I am saying that it would be easy but his ability is too hax, there was no reason for Gowther to stay on standby during the fight with Hendricksen but he only transmitted informations.
    Last edited by Demonspeed; March 04, 2015 at 06:18 AM.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Was is it interrupted? iirc when Mel and co got there, it was already over and diane had managed to get some sense back into gowther. I agree his ability is indeed hax, but it probably can't hold some of the sins for long.
    His greatest move (so far) would be Nightmare teller. I doubt that could hold demon Mel, Merlin should be able to erase it using absolute cancel as well. Escanor's dual personality might help (debatable but somewhat plausible imo)
    Diane and Ban might not have a counter for it though and unknown for king. Chastefiol might be able to do something. However, for nightmare teller, gowther might need physical contact (like with Dreyfus) and both apparently freeze when it is used.

Invasion attacks mind and spirit but we have already been introduced to spirit stat levels with Balor's eye power. Perhaps having a certain spirit level allows one to be able to break out of invasion attacks (although repercussions like physical and mental exhaustion probably remain).

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The fight was finished in my opinon. From the looks of things, Gowther stopped fighting of his own volition. He was tattered, but otherwise unharmed. Diane, on the other hand, looked like she got physically injured as she was struggling to get up a bit. Add that to Gowther's final attack which apparently erased Diane's memory, I'd say Gowther got the better of her in that fight.

Seeing as how Gowther specified the amount of Spirit needed to withstand Blackout, I'd assume he can scale it as much as he wants. Although it was in the start of the series before the stats, we've seen that both Mel and Diane are susceptible to illusions.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

We really don't know if that's his full power. His power was said to have jumped substantially, but it was never said if it was his uppermost limit. And seeing how easily he took care of Helbram, who was said to be of similar strength to a GHK, I would assume he still didn't go full on.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Yoichi Hiruma's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

From ''strongest'' to ''weakest''

Meliodas
    Merlin
    Ban
    King
    Gowther
    Diane