Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (5/18/15 - 5/24/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Forum News: Cast your votes to determine the best parent in the Anime Showdown.

View Poll Results: What is your favorite love story in NnT?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mel x Elizabeth

2 10.00%
  • Ban x Elaine

5 25.00%
  • King x Diane

10 50.00%
  • Margaret x Gilthunder

1 5.00%
  • Veronica x Griamor

0 0%
  • Ban x Jericho

0 0%
  • Diane x Hauser

0 0%
  • Gowther x Guila

1 5.00%
  • Other

1 5.00%
New Reply

Thread: Your favorite love story

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Nanatsu no Taizai Your favorite love story

Since there's been quite a few couples in the story and the fact that Nakaba is giving a lot of importance to romance in the manga, I was curious which of the ongoing love stories is your favorite.
    After some thought for me it's gotta be Ban x Elaine. Once past the fact that Elaine looks like a loli, I just find her relationship with Ban much more convincing than other couples we see in the manga, and I like how Ban's feelings for her are still the same even after her death.
    So which one do you prefer?
    I added a poll, some of the couples aren't exactly official, and it's more like a one sided love, but it's still interesting to include them imo, and sorry if I forgot one couple or two.
    Last edited by ladylola; February 16, 2015 at 04:02 PM.
    I feel confined, only free to expand myself within boundaries

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your favorite love story

Harlequin and Diane is the best of the best. Ban and Elaine is second best. Every other romance is mostly boring or destined to fail. Gowther and Guila could have potential if it's allowed to continue, but it's not looking like it.

Harlequin and Diane is just a never ending uphill battle of tragedy for the both of them. It's like life itself is just trying to make things hard for them. But that tenacity is what makes it sweet. I'm a sucker for tragic romances like this and I love them more when everything works out.

It is quite...let's say interesting that most of the main romances have underage vibes to it.
    Last edited by eefrit; February 16, 2015 at 04:44 PM.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eefrit View Post
    Harlequin and Diane is the best of the best. Ban and Elaine is second best. Every other romance is mostly boring or destined to fail. Gowther and Guila could have potential if it's allowed to continue, but it's not looking like it.

Harlequin and Diane is just a never ending uphill battle of tragedy for the both of them. It's like life itself is just trying to make things hard for them. But that tenacity is what makes it sweet. I'm a sucker for tragic romances like this and I love them more when everything works out.

It is quite...let's say interesting that most of the main romances have underage vibes to it.
    Ditto. Though Ban's impossible quest to get Elaine back that slowly breaks him is also good tragedy material. I hope we'll get a bit more of Elaine into the main story someday to give it more space to thrive.

I find Melizabeth surprisingly adorable. Actually, the primary reason for reading the manga up until Ban was introduced was to see more of their interaction. The little comical gropes and Eli's initial cluelessnes made it adorkable, and the fact that there's a layer of care and devotion underneath is what sold it to me.

I also find Diane x Hauser quite cute, though unlike other human and X pairings his aging could pose a problem for it :/ Same for Ban and Jericho, though they are flat out hilarious because of Ban's utter indifference towards her

Gowther x Guila was my crack OTP ever since he held her bridal style xD I thought they could bond over Zeal and Pelio. I was so sad when it sunk when Gowther went out of control, but apparently Guila doesn't hate him (I was so surprised!) so it's still a thing?

But yeah, special spot goes to Kiane, with Banlaine right behind it. I mean, even Ban ships it. It also helps that they're, you know, blatantly in love and ready to show it. That makes it really refreshing and cute at the same time.

I think romance is one of the things that sets NNT apart from other shonens. Most of the characters are in love in some manner, and some try to actively pursue the relationship?

I like that.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ban and Elaine is kinda hard for me to describe. The tragedy is there, but...there is something about it that makes it less so. Maybe because the feelings are confirmed by both already. Plus, it's not really a roller coaster of emotions. More like a Sunday drive. Still, the two have chemistry and the love is there.

I feel like I've said this a one hundred times already, but one hundred more won't hurt. Mel and Elizabeth, no, especially Elizabeth are boooring. Plain with a capital P. Because of that little matter, I'm not currently engaged in their romance. I will say however, the thing that I do find intriguing is their apparent connection in past lives.

Global Moderator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Waiting for more Gowther X Guila development before voting .

Ban X Elaine then King X Diane then Gilthunder X Veronica for me. I like how Hauser fell for Diane too but I am indifferent to the rest, excepted Melizabeth(I will use this now ).

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I wouldn't put Gowther x Guila in the closet just yet, maybe if Gowther acquired a heart they could start again where they left off, plus it does seem that they had sex

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Pietro's Avatar
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ban x the Elaine is the best love song I think.
    I dont know it reminds me Romeo & Juliet,but its a little different.And Ban seems so...cold and greedy,but with Elaine has showed a character that we have never seen.I like the way both love,and how both are ready to sacrifice their life for the other.But we have seen how its finished.But Ban still loves her

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
    Ban x the Elaine is the best love song I think.
    I dont know it reminds me Romeo & Juliet,but its a little different.And Ban seems so...cold and greedy,but with Elaine has showed a character that we have never seen.I like the way both love,and how both are ready to sacrifice their life for the other.But we have seen how its finished.But Ban still loves her
    I don't think it's finished, I really hope he can revive her. That said there's only a few love stories that I feel are deep enough, like Ban x Elaine, and King x Diane, the rest I'm not really convinced by them like Melizabeth(lol).So I see most people choosing between those two

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

KingxDiane. Least forced and most focused of them all. I mean granted Elaine is dead, but still not seeing any interaction between her and Ban for so long, makes it hard for me to be interested. And KingxDiane needs to happen more than anything, because King will break if it doesn't. This is beyond shipping, it's for my favorite character's well-being!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

MEL X ELI.
    I don't need a reason to like these two. Reincarnation and stuff makes things be more interesting.
    'Even if you were to die, I would fulfill the promise I made with you.' -Meliodas

'Elizabeth, if you disappear from my life, I will have no reason to live, so please, live for me.'-Meliodas

'Meliodas, you can forget about me, but never forget the values you stand for.' -Liz

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ridoku's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Gowther x Slader...'nuff said

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ridoku View Post
    Gowther x Slader...'nuff said
    Yeah I'm shipping them too

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    Yeah I'm shipping them too
    Surprisingly enough, me too. Even though I am straight.

Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by overlordpringerx View Post
    Surprisingly enough, me too. Even though I am straight.
    I think just the possiblity of Slader being with Gowther, and all the hilarious interaction between them is enough to make it interesting as a pairing.Also it's way better than Gowther brainwashing innocent girls and taking advantage of them

Although there's a high chance it's one sided, and maybe Gowther could be interested just for the sake of experimenting something new.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ladylola View Post
    I think just the possiblity of Slader being with Gowther, and all the hilarious interaction between them is enough to make it interesting as a pairing.Also it's way better than Gowther brainwashing innocent girls and taking advantage of them

Although there's a high chance it's one sided, and maybe Gowther could be interested just for the sake of experimenting something new.
    Eh. It's still better than all that BanxKing stuff out there. And from what we have seen from Gowther, making him bi wouldn't be surprising.

New Reply