Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (2/23/15 - 3/1/15).
! Visit the new forums for Tokyo Ghoul and The Gamer!
Forum News: Vote in the final phase of the Anime Awards 2014
Translations: Gintama 532 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 617 by BadKarma , One Piece 777 by cnet128
New Reply

Thread: Growther's Origin?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Growther's Origin?

We found out growther is a doll and he was created by a great magician and I think its possible that Merlin created growther.

First, she certainly classifies as a great magician. The greatest one we know at the moment. We also know she created the Balor's eye which growther also has.
    The special armor growther used in the past was given to him by Merlin and the other sins never knew what he looked like.
    She also seems to have a sort of motherly concern and attitude towards gowther.

After she reverts gowther to his doll state, she hands him over to slader and says he will be dealt with later as though she is responsible for him. There's definitely a history and relationship there. Its difficult to imagine a scenario where one finds out gowther is a doll and I wonder how Merlin would have discovered that.

What do you guys think?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Incognitop's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Growther's Origin?

well if merlin created gowther wouldn't she be able to fully "absolute cancel" him?

a popular theory is that the person who created Gowther is Merlin's teacher or something along those lines. (Some people go so far as to suggest that he/she is the one that taught Merlin absolute cancel)

Nakaba might be setting up another "reality check" moment. Remember when King was introduced and he easily soloed Guila after the other 3 had problems? Then he easily beat Guila and Jericho at Byzel only to be owned by Helbram because there were underlying factors that we had not yet seen.

I can see something similar happening in this case. Merlin will be destroying someone in a fight with her magic, but then her spell will get "absolute cancelled" and then the whole anime stereotype will repeat with the "you have been using my magic improperly my foolish apprentice" thing.

Personally, I am hoping for this person to be an enemy, would be more interesting.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Incognitop View Post
    a popular theory is that the person who created Gowther is Merlin's teacher or something along those lines. (Some people go so far as to suggest that he/she is the one that taught Merlin absolute cancel)
    This is pretty much what I think. I personally think Merlin's teacher might be her parent as well. So with that in mind, her and Gowther would be considered "siblings" of sort, which would explain there interactions. Merlin might have actually been around when he was created.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

That does sound right. If she didn't create him, she either knows who did or was there when he was created.
    I wouldn't be surprised if there's an even greater magician out there (perhaps merlin's teacher) but it would be weird if there was someone else that could use absolute cancel, assuming its her own ability and not just a super high level magic spell.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Gowther's creator could be a Demon, maybe he is one of the Commandments. Albion is one of their creations, Merlin's race is unknown and we know she was studying Demon magics.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

She also reacted suspiciously when Mel told her the demons have been unsealed.
    Still except Mel's teacher was a demon, I don't really see a connection like that. Even that would still be a bit off.
    The demons have been sealed for 3,000 years and I doubt growther or Merlin are that old.

Most likely scenario in that case would be Merlin happened on some demon's lab at some time or something and activated growther. Perhaps the teachings and other things were written there and would explain how she knows some things about the demons.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ladylola's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

I am really curious about Gowther's creator, he's prolly even more powerful than Merlin and given how muich she's powerful/knowledgeable, I expect my mind to be blown if he ever gets introduced lol. I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't Merlin who created Gowther(it's Gowther btw not Growther) and I'm seriously questioning her motives for agreeing to take care of him. In the vampire special Mel says that she likes to have rare things, she prolly sees Escanor and Gowther like that, so that adds to her being shady I guess.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I know its gowther. I forget sometimes . The creator could be a she though. Also, is it confirmed that merlin didn't create gowther? I mean its a bit unlikely but I don't recall if it has been stated.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Hamy's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Yeah I know its gowther. I forget sometimes . The creator could be a she though. Also, is it confirmed that merlin didn't create gowther? I mean its a bit unlikely but I don't recall if it has been stated.
    Chapter 114 since she isn't claiming ownership whatsoever, only that someone else of great caliber had crafted him.
    http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader.../0/114/page/20

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes. That sort of clears it and she also mentions that completely erasing it is difficult even for her absolute cancel. Guess that makes sense.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

She probably can't erase gowther because a big part of him is actually alive. His body might not be entirely real but its not like she can absolute cancel people.

As far as who made gowther, I would argue it was gepeto along with the blue fairy. On a more serious note, it would be interesting if fairies were involved in making gowther.

Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Well it was said to be a magician. Dunno if there are fairy magicians. If fairies were involved, would Merlin apparently know so much about gowther? She doesn't seem to have dabbled into fairy stuff for the time being

New Reply