Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter!
Manga News: Check out these new manga (8/10/15 - 8/23/15).
New Forums: Visit the new forums for Boku no Hero Academia!
Translations: Bleach 639 by cnet128 , Gintama 555 (2) , One Piece 796 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Meliodas the demon king? or just the grand child of him?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Is Meliodas the demon king? or just the grand child of him?

Well keep saying Balor is the demon king but we dont know for sure right?

Look galan was very suprised at mels appearance when he showed it to him so he might be the demon king or well the next one?.

But for some reason meliodas betrayed the demon clan and sealed it away.

Is the reason that he got human feelings or just that he didnt feel the same as the other didnt wanna consumes souls to gain power and destroy more innocent life for wat? nothing really.

So my question to u is .. do u think he is the demon king or? .. he seems alot more powerful then his brothers(cuz we know merlin took A BIG CHUNK of his power when zaratras was killed which is why he lost the fight against galan).

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ridoku's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Meliodas the demon king? or just the grand child of him?

Nah I don't think he is the Demon King. I think the Demon King would be an ancient and powerful entity. Besides, it wouldn't make sense for Meliodas to be the Demon King based on the reactions of the 10 commandments and such.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its pretty obvious meliodas is not the demon king. Nothing in the manga suggests that. To boot the implication would be that meliodas was the one who gathered the commandments and gave them powers. Now, what would be interesting is if estarosa, meliodas and zeldris are in fact demon royalty and sons of the demon king.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Meliodas isn't the Demon King, there really shouldn't be a question about that, he specifically says that the Ten Commandments serve the Demon King. I do think that he, along with Zeldris, Estarossa, and Ass Girl, are the children of the Demon King, though.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Why the ass girl? it does not seem like she has any relationship to the three brothers other than being a demon commandment.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    ^Why the ass girl? it does not seem like she has any relationship to the three brothers other than being a demon commandment.
    She's very clearly their sister. All four of them have the same face, same general hair style, and she, Estarossa, and Meliodas all have the same hair antennae. Honestly, I'm surprised most people haven't picked up on it, the resemblance was immediately obvious to me.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DDDDD5 View Post
    She's very clearly their sister. All four of them have the same face, same general hair style, and she, Estarossa, and Meliodas all have the same hair antennae. Honestly, I'm surprised most people haven't seen it.
    Honestly, even after you pointed it out I don't see it at all. She does not even have the same demon marking the other 3 brothers have over their eyes.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Honestly, even after you pointed it out I don't see it at all. She does not even have the same demon marking the other 3 brothers have over their eyes.
    I'm just assuming that's only a male member of their family thing. But, look at http://raw.senmanga.com/Nanatsu_no_Taizai/111/18/ the silhouettes of Estarossa and Ass Girl in this picture and tell me what they have in common with Meliodas. More to the point, look at Meliodas on this page, http://manga.redhawkscans.com/reader.../0/113/page/15 and compare it to the two panels of Ass Girl on the next page, if you still don't see the resemblance I don't know what to tell you.

Edit: At the OP why do you assume Meliodas is supposed to be much more powerful than his brothers? Galan being surprised by how weak Meliodas has become doesn't have anything to do with how strong the others are. You're reasoning there makes no sense.
    Last edited by DDDDD5; May 06, 2015 at 03:35 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Holt's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I doubt Mel is the demon king but he is/was related to the demon king.

World's Strongest Man MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Demonspeed's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

If Mel was the Demon King Galan would have called him the Demon King. Galan said he always wanted to defy him so they were teammates in the past, working for the king. The king is also the one who gave him his petrifying power, he could be his son or grandson him but nothing is sure.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member dark123's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Demon King is always probably current strongest demon. Meliodas can be demon king, was demong king or could be future demon king but because of love he betrayed his own clan. Nakaba is probably going by this last option.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark123 View Post
    Demon King is always probably current strongest demon. Meliodas can be demon king, was demong king or could be future demon king but because of love he betrayed his own clan. Nakaba is probably going by this last option.
    Don't think so. Liz wasn't even born 3000 years ago, he probably just escaped. He is probably the demon king's close descendant. Even if Meliodas DID betray the demons that could have tons of reasons, other than love. Like pity towards the innocent people they killed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

You know, if the story continues with referrering to all the celtic, irish myths and arturian legends, then it could be very possible that Meliodas is the grandson of the Demon King along with his 2 brothers Zeldris and Estarossa. If you look up about 'Balor' the Demon King, then you will find a tale about a demon named 'Lugh'. He is the grandson of the demon king and has 2 brothers. In the anime there is a great references to the Demon King Balor. (You know 'The eye of Balor'). The tale about Balor and Lugh says and I'll quote:

'Balor hears a prophecy that he would be killed by his grandson. To avoid his fate, he locks his only daughter, Ethniu, in a tower on Tory Island to keep her from becoming pregnant. One day, Balor steals a magical cow of abdundance, the Glas Gaibhnenn, from Goibniu the smith. He takes it to his fortress on Tory Island. Cian, who was guarding the cow for Goibniu, sets out to get it back. With the help of the druidess Biróg and the sea god Manannán, Cian enters the tower and finds Ethniu. They have sex, and she gives birth to three sons. Balor attempts to drown the boys in the sea, but one is saved and is raised as a foster-son by Manannán. He grows up to become Lugh. When he reached manhood, he joined the peoples of the goddess Dana, named the Tuatha De Danaan, to help them in their struggle against the Fomorii and Balor. Balor had an evil eye capable of killing whomever looked at it ' Wikipedia - Balor

I think that the background of Meliodas is largely out of that mythology. Not one on one but in a major way. You can find more information on internet about Balor, Lugh.
    Last edited by Achilles7; August 16, 2015 at 03:48 AM.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt ass girl is the sister of Meliodas, Zeldris and Estarossa

MangaHelper 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Gallon's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rescorlian View Post
    I really doubt ass girl is the sister of Meliodas, Zeldris and Estarossa
    Indeed. The only person she seems to be somewhat related to is Monspiet.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast